White County

Illini

What's up with white county cancelling soccer games. These are district games and from what I here they are cancelling them. Is their any truth to this or is it fiction. If this is true this is a bad thing this late in the season,with dist. tournements coming up. If someone knows lets here about it.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's up with Warren Co. allowing their athletic director to cancel the game between WCHS and themselves???? I did not know that an A.D. could do that when he is in another city not the one where the game is played. Sounds like a forfeit to me. Anyways, what does it matter except that Warren Co. record would be a little better. WOW!!!

:) :confused:

And besides you don't have to play your district games anyway. Especially on a saturday!!!!

[Edited by jasona24 on 9-27-02 6:54P]

Guest wchsgirl

Warren County's AD canceled the game on Thursday around 1:30 pm. The games were to be played at 5:00 and 6:30 pm at White County. It was raining/drizzling in White County around 5:00 pm and stopped about 5:30 pm. We could have played the games! My understanding is the home team or the referees are the ones to cancel a game prior to game time, not the visiting school. Since they canceled the game and tried to re-schedule for Saturday (White County had 5 starters that are working or were going out of town this weekend), so White County's team was greatly weakened by varsity starters not being able to play in the game. It is not White County's fault the Warren County AD canceled the game, so why should White County play a game with 5 missing starters. If someone in Warren County doesn't like White County's decision, then maybe Warren County should forfeit to White County (which they basically did), and White County should forfeit to Blackman. Now Blackman definitely has an advantage in the district rankings.

On the decision to cancel the Blackman game on Tuesday: since the game with Warren County was canceled, then this would set up an unfair advantage to Blackman. White County has not played Blackman yet also, so when Warren County and Blackman play on October 3 (both possibly undefeated) and if they end in a tie, then Blackman would be 5-0-1 and Warren County would be 4-0-1. Blackman would win the district due to the White Co. game being canceled. Since White County canceled the Blackman game, then neither team will have an advantage. If you were Warren County, then which decision would you prefer? This should be a no brainer!

White County doesn't want to play a re-scheduled game they didn't cancel with a depleted team due to players being unable to make the game. Don't even try to tell White County players to miss work (most employers would fire them if they missed if they were scheduled) or to skip previous engagements for the sake of the district. Get real! These players have other things in their lives that are just as important as soccer (if not much more important).

Sorry Warren County and Blackman!

lets see two coaches agree that a game should not be played-cause you did get one thing right the coaches (both) determined to call the game-the game was cancelled there is no disputing that. Then it was cancelled again on Sat once again no disputing that either. Just play soccer! There was no talk of a possible forfeit by either coach- so lets just leave it at that

Guest wchsgirl

Neither coach wanted to cancel the game on Thursday (they even switched the jv and varsity games to avoid bad weather later in the day). It was a go until White County received a call from the Warren County coach (which is a great coach and person by the way) that the AD for Warren County called the game before the White County coach ever looked at the condition of the field, which was what was suppose to happen before the game was canceled.

White County wanted to play the game; however, would you want to play a team that is better than you without 5 to 6 varsity starters due to someone elses decision to cancel the game? White County's starting GK and backup GK were going to be gone on Saturday (plus sweeper and center midfielder), so what would you do as the coach?

White County probably would have lost at full strength (we will never know), but what do you think would have happened at half strength with no playable GK.

Getting your butt creamed for the sake of the district and the "game" is plain stupid, so don't give me the line "just play soccer."

WCHSgirls "just play soccer" was meant to end the talk about the cancelled game or the forfeited game. It wasn't directed toward you or your team. Sorry that you took it that way.No one would expect you to play with 5 starters missing I'm sure Warren Co would not have played if they were missing 5 starters And Jason for an assistant coach you sure are immature..

Guest iscoregoals2001

I have been reading all the comments on here and you are all hilarious.

Here is my two cents;

White County people get a clue how sports are done and just do it, when you ladies make a commitment to the sport in August it should last until you get knocked out in the playoffs, wjo cares that your "best" players are not there for the Saturday game? They are not commited to the game or the team or your school so cut them from the team. Your coach does not to get on the board and act like you guys which is the same that the Warren county coach does, it is not very proffessional to argue with kids coaches, grow up!! Everyone agrees that White County should have played both games, i am sure that the girl's basketball program has more commitment than the soccer. if you girls don't want to play on weekends then do this, eliminate the soccer program all together so you don't have to worry about playing period.

Posted by iscoregoals2001:

I have been reading all the comments on here and you are all hilarious.

Here is my two cents;

White County people get a clue how sports are done and just do it, when you ladies make a commitment to the sport in August it should last until you get knocked out in the playoffs, wjo cares that your "best" players are not there for the Saturday game? They are not commited to the game or the team or your school so cut them from the team. Your coach does not to get on the board and act like you guys which is the same that the Warren county coach does, it is not very proffessional to argue with kids coaches, grow up!! Everyone agrees that White County should have played both games, i am sure that the girl's basketball program has more commitment than the soccer. if you girls don't want to play on weekends then do this, eliminate the soccer program all together so you don't have to worry about playing period.

This game here we are talking about will be played wed. at 4:00 in Warren County. My understanding is Blackman would not let them cancel the game. So they have to play both games HURRAY. This is the way it should have been in the first place. I agree that if the kids aren't committed there is no reason to have a team. I know both bball coach's and this would not happen,they would play or be off the team. If you look at their schedule they are in AAA class and only play AAA teams in the district,and play A/AA in non-district games and wonder why they don't get any better. Then have the nerve to say Warren County is an OK team. Well look at our schedule and you will see the only A/AA team we have played is chatt. Christian which is ranked #2 in the state for A/AA. One day you have to decide if your going to play high school soccer or rec. soccer. All indications are White County wants to play rec. soccer because you can't get any better if you don't play good compitition.

I also here that the boys coach dosen't want to play any district games but hold the district tourney. Is these coaches from white county for real or what. Sounds to me that they need to drop soccer all together because they are making a joke out of our district and the tssaa.

Guest wchsgirl

White County never wanted to cancel either game, but if the AD at Warren County would have let the refs or the White County coach make the game day decision, then none of this would of ever happened.

All White County tried to do was make the district on an even playing field for both Warren County and Blackman on Thursday, so the winner could take 1st place in the district.

On the issue of commitment to the team. Our players work hard just like any other team. We do the best we can with the inexperience we have on the team. Losing 1-0 to Oakland, and 2-0 to Cookeville is not bad a group of girls with an average of 3-4 years of soccer experience compared to 10-14 years of soccer experience (You do the math!!!).

Yes, we are improving over time, and we are trying to develop a good youth league and feeder program in our elementary schools so we will do even better. We also need to remember that there is more to life than soccer season. Some girls have to work to help their families, so get in the real world. Also, you're telling me if a teacher told you to make up a test on a particular day (which happened to be a game day) then you would take a zero for the team! If yes, then you must not be too smart!

And no we are not quiting, so get over it! And some day we will be playing our district and winning. :rolleyes: