White County

Illini

Posted by wchsgirl:

White County never wanted to cancel either game, but if the AD at Warren County would have let the refs or the White County coach make the game day decision, then none of this would of ever happened.

All White County tried to do was make the district on an even playing field for both Warren County and Blackman on Thursday, so the winner could take 1st place in the district.

what I was saying if you don't have a commentment to play soccer you will never improve. If you are going to do something do it right and work around what you are doing. My daughter has a job and still plays soccer and goes to camps. If you let your employer know that they will work around it just as a teacher will. If they cannot be flexable then you have to choose. From my prospective I have nothing against White County I have many freinds that live there and I don't understand why their soccer teams cannot be as dedicated as their basketball teams. If this would ever happen your program would flurish in the district. It's a mindset in peoples mind and only dedication can change this.

On the issue of commitment to the team. Our players work hard just like any other team. We do the best we can with the inexperience we have on the team. Losing 1-0 to Oakland, and 2-0 to Cookeville is not bad a group of girls with an average of 3-4 years of soccer experience compared to 10-14 years of soccer experience (You do the math!!!).

Yes, we are improving over time, and we are trying to develop a good youth league and feeder program in our elementary schools so we will do even better. We also need to remember that there is more to life than soccer season. Some girls have to work to help their families, so get in the real world. Also, you're telling me if a teacher told you to make up a test on a particular day (which happened to be a game day) then you would take a zero for the team! If yes, then you must not be too smart!

And no we are not quiting, so get over it! And some day we will be playing our district and winning. :rolleyes:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest h2izzo

This thread is finally dead after all the controversy and verbal outbursts. All I have to say about this whole situation is that 1) the cancelling of these two games would have been a fair way to decide the district between WC and Blackman (but they wanted to make it more complicated for our team which now will have to play 5 games in 6 days) 2) An AD from another school should make attempts to contact another team, and talk to the coach or AD, on weather conditions at least a couple of hours before game time if the weather could possibly be a threat (which it wasn't) 3) And now for the final statement White County boys' will be playing district games and hosting the tournament. Any coaches wishing to contact me for district games jma9397@yahoo.com.

[Edited by jasona24 on 10-1-02 1:35A]