2010 Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Guys, someone let me know how things are going? Only football I've heard about is that a friend from Loudon and he says over half of the team has not yet got in full pads because of lack of workouts over the summer, some type of point system, he really will not tell me much. I heard some of the freshmen were big but still showing freshmen nerves. Talk to me...

dumdum,things have looked much more organized this year! We have spent most of the time working on offense. Good numbers out, running about 45. Large freshman class. We have eased into fall practice this year with very little contact to this point. The coaches have focused on plays and execution! Today is supposed to have a lot of contact. That is where we find out if the freshmen can help this fall. Keep working hard chiefs! Go Chiefs!

dumdum,things have looked much more organized this year! We have spent most of the time working on offense. Good numbers out, running about 45. Large freshman class. We have eased into fall practice this year with very little contact to this point. The coaches have focused on plays and execution! Today is supposed to have a lot of contact. That is where we find out if the freshmen can help this fall. Keep working hard chiefs! Go Chiefs!

at the scrimmage at greenback last night,the best freshman class belonged to the kees scored 7 tds on seqoyah,wasnt even close(tallent wise)you guys are huge but cant move,greenback freshman took it to grace baptist also only giving up one td on the night.Satterfield is definately getting the older kids to play better ball,lot of intensity good numbers,beat gb 2-1,greenback didnt have the numbers in this type of scrimmage 14 vasity only players were wore out by the time night was over,seq,glad to see you all with that type of intensity you will win some games this year,good luck to you all!

at the scrimmage at greenback last night,the best freshman class belonged to the kees scored 7 tds on seqoyah,wasnt even close(tallent wise)you guys are huge but cant move,greenback freshman took it to grace baptist also only giving up one td on the night.Satterfield is definately getting the older kids to play better ball,lot of intensity good numbers,beat gb 2-1,greenback didnt have the numbers in this type of scrimmage 14 vasity only players were wore out by the time night was over,seq,glad to see you all with that type of intensity you will win some games this year,good luck to you all!

i didnt get to see much of the young guys playing but i was very impressed with chiefs defense very aggressive alot of emotion greenback busted open one long run besides that the chiefs stoood strong the whole night. The offense for sequoyah looked much bettter ALOT bettter

i didnt get to see much of the young guys playing but i was very impressed with chiefs defense very aggressive alot of emotion greenback busted open one long run besides that the chiefs stoood strong the whole night. The offense for sequoyah looked much bettter ALOT bettter

It seems like the mighty Chiefs are having a good summer of beating up on Single A powerhouses (Harriman, Greenback and Grace Academy) Sequoyah is the largest school in District 5. As a 4A school they would have to line up against the likes of Fulton, East Ridge, Red Bank or Chattonooga Central. Not really sure the real benefit of scrimmaging lesser competetion or what you really gain except being over confident. Have the Chiefs really been tested physically this summmer? Most single A schools do not have any depth and lots of players go both ways which is tough in the heat.

The battle for second place in District 5A will be fierce. All four teams Sequoyah, Meigs, Sweetwater and McMinn Central have good shots. It will come down to who improves the most each game, execution and coaching.

It seems like the mighty Chiefs are having a good summer of beating up on Single A powerhouses (Harriman, Greenback and Grace Academy) Sequoyah is the largest school in District 5. As a 4A school they would have to line up against the likes of Fulton, East Ridge, Red Bank or Chattonooga Central. Not really sure the real benefit of scrimmaging lesser competetion or what you really gain except being over confident. Have the Chiefs really been tested physically this summmer? Most single A schools do not have any depth and lots of players go both ways which is tough in the heat.

The battle for second place in District 5A will be fierce. All four teams Sequoyah, Meigs, Sweetwater and McMinn Central have good shots. It will come down to who improves the most each game, execution and coaching.

No one said the chiefs were going to win the state championship this year or battle the top teams in 4A. When your program has been in the shape it has over the past several years you have to start somewhere to fix it. These young men have worked extremely hard this off season to improve and they are coming together as a team! Yes, we may have a large school but when your program does not win, kids do not play. We have had only about 40 kids (estimate) out each year for Football. That means our kids are playing both ways and we also do not have any depth. This year we have a large Freshman class, which is adding some needed depth.

The chiefs will battle for second place this year in the district! Go Chiefs!!!

No one said the chiefs were going to win the state championship this year or battle the top teams in 4A. When your program has been in the shape it has over the past several years you have to start somewhere to fix it. These young men have worked extremely hard this off season to improve and they are coming together as a team! Yes, we may have a large school but when your program does not win, kids do not play. We have had only about 40 kids (estimate) out each year for Football. That means our kids are playing both ways and we also do not have any depth. This year we have a large Freshman class, which is adding some needed depth.

The chiefs will battle for second place this year in the district! Go Chiefs!!!

:thumb: