Smith Co. (5-0) beats Friendship Christian

imallin

I'm sorry Antwan for making you the captain of the Smith County Connection. My last post was directed at all of the SC Connection, and with over 2,000 combined post on Coach T the group needed a leader. I directed my questions to you Antwan because after I tried to end this thread on a positve note, you replied with an angry message and you also lead the group with the most post. The only mistake I made was making you the captain and I apoligize, because you bailed on your teammates under pressure. My remarks were straight from the first 15 post bashing FCS, but obviously the SC Connection is not on the same page. I'm sorry Antwan for directing my questions to you, I knew I should've addressed Queenbee. Nothing personal Antwan but I expected more out of you.

Point I want to make to the SC Connection is to be open-minded and realize that life does exsist outside of Carthage.

Once again good luck Ward and the Owls and you are now my sentimental favorite to win the 3A State Titile. :):D:D:(:o;););) :confused: ;)

How do I feel Antwan, You make the Call?

P.S. Just using the symbols to try and be like you Antwan!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by blue14devils:

I'm sorry Antwan for making you the captain of the Smith County Connection. My last post was directed at all of the SC Connection, and with over 2,000 combined post on Coach T the group needed a leader. I directed my questions to you Antwan because after I tried to end this thread on a positve note, you replied with an angry message and you also lead the group with the most post. The only mistake I made was making you the captain and I apoligize, because you bailed on your teammates under pressure. My remarks were straight from the first 15 post bashing FCS, but obviously the SC Connection is not on the same page. I'm sorry Antwan for directing my questions to you, I knew I should've addressed Queenbee. Nothing personal Antwan but I expected more out of you.

Point I want to make to the SC Connection is to be open-minded and realize that life does exsist outside of Carthage.

Once again good luck Ward and the Owls and you are now my sentimental favorite to win the 3A State Titile. :):o;):(:o;);):( :confused: :(

I didn't bail, Bub. I am an SC fan through and through. I guess I should lump all of you FCS fans together, all one of you. :);):(:o:):D:D:) :confused: :D

Now that you are on board, I'm sure we will be a contender.

The bashing was deserved. Go back and consult with the rest of the FCS fans and get back to me. Really, does life exist outside of Carthage? Let your qb know that we have students from here in your school(I don't know why). I don't know if they live in our numerous trailer parks. :o

This was not the first time and I just thought of another situation involving a Friendship "kid". We were playing basketball a couple of years ago, and let's just say I get a pretty good look at the action on the hardwood, #20 for FCS at the time was supposed to be pretty good. Can't remember his name but I should. Anyway, late in the game and FCS is getting spanked. #20 has four fouls and elbows an owl in the mouth not once but twice. Finally he gets ejected and causes a big scene but only after busting an opponents mouth. It was bleeding profusely. So you see that's part of what adds to the reputation of FCS. It is an ongoing situation at the school. My advice to the administration is to take a good hard look at your programs and throw away the biggest pair of rose colored glasses I've ever seen. Just because of the name on the school doesn't mean there isn't discipline to be done. There most certainly is.

[Edited by imallin on 9-28-02 11:18P]

Posted by imallin:

This was not the first time and I just thought of another situation involving a Friendship "kid". We were playing basketball a couple of years ago, and let's just say I get a pretty good look at the action on the hardwood, #20 for FCS at the time was supposed to be pretty good. Can't remember his name but I should. Anyway, late in the game and FCS is getting spanked. #20 has four fouls and elbows an owl in the mouth not once but twice. Finally he gets ejected and causes a big scene but only after busting an opponents mouth. It was bleeding profusely. So you see that's part of what adds to the reputation of FCS. It is an ongoing situation at the school. My advice to the administration is to take a good hard look at your programs and throw away the biggest pair of rose colored glasses I've ever seen. Just because of the name on the school doesn't mean there isn't discipline to be done. There most certainly is.

[Edited by imallin on 9-28-02 11:18P]

He probably threw the best licks a Friendship kid has thrown on an Owl in the last 2 years. I didn't see any licks thrown on the football field except the blind clip on Ward. ;)

I saw one, but it took three of em' to make it. A play or two after the injury to Ward, J. Gibbs on a pass route gets hit pretty good by three Commanders no less. They all start mouthing, remember the injury is fresh, Gibbs just looks at em' and yells and giggles. That was classic. LOL

Posted by blue14devils:

Once again good luck Ward and the Owls and you are now my sentimental favorite to win the 3A State Titile. :D:D;):):(:o;);) :confused: ;)

Blue...don't try to be like Antwan...he's sooooooooo...sooooo...I don't know...he's a lot like fanman..and that's really skeeeeeeery...

Now...the smartest thing you've said is that you should have addressed your comments to me...cause we all know...that I'm the only sensible person in Carthage...just ask me...I'll tell ya!... :D

Posted by diesel:

QueenBee...I'm Brown and Orange year-round. All my friends know that. I've just got to put away the Indians to bring out the Browns. I'm running behind this year. How about this, I'll wear my Browns cap to the White Co. game next Friday night.

[Edited by diesel on 9-28-02 4:46P]

I don't care all that much for baseball...although I do own an Indians shirt...and went to Jacob's Field the year that it opened...great concourse...much better than the nosebleed seats we had!!!...

I'm proud of ya, Diesel...going to the game...wearing the right hat...you've come so far!!!...Get someone to take a picture of ya and post it in the photo gallery...show the world!!!...

I played in the game and some of friendships players had spoertsmanship but most didn't. I find it hard to believe that billy reece(#2) didn't mean to hurt ward. I was standing on the sidelines watching the play and he had one hand on the back of his foot and one on the toes and he twisted it, but i guess that was an accident. #1 was the most unsportsman like person i have played in a long time. When ward hurt his knee, he went up to him and said "are u alright baby?" As for us holding, I find it hard to hold someone when you're pancaking them all night. Your players held us all night on defense, the refs just never did call it. The refs would let our coaches only come out to the numbers but yours can come all the way out to the huddle in the middle of the field and talk to the players, whats with that? Some the players on ur team have sportsmanship and are good football players but most don't. Yall have a great coach and good running back. Those are about the only people I saw with any sportsmanship on that team. I hope yall have great rest of the season and good luck with gordonsville, you'll need it!!!

I would like to personally apologize for any FC player that might have used foul language or committed and dirty play. Please, don't think that these allegations are taught. #2 did not mean to hurt #25 for Carthage. I have spoke with him and he guarantees me that that is not the case. I saw the play and have also witnessned it on film and have no reason to believe other wise. For those labeling FC as jerks and dirty because of a few allegations is unfair because I am not labeling Carthage fans as rednecks based on a few characters in the endzone cussing at the players. It doesn't matter the reason because these are teenagers and for adults to do that is ridiculous. Not that it matters, but the on side kick was intentional and don't try to fool yourself other wise.

Posted by orangecrush:

I would like to personally apologize for any FC player that might have used foul language or committed and dirty play. Please, don't think that these allegations are taught. #2 did not mean to hurt #25 for Carthage. I have spoke with him and he guarantees me that that is not the case. I saw the play and have also witnessned it on film and have no reason to believe other wise. For those labeling FC as jerks and dirty because of a few allegations is unfair because I am not labeling Carthage fans as rednecks based on a few characters in the endzone cussing at the players. It doesn't matter the reason because these are teenagers and for adults to do that is ridiculous. Not that it matters, but the on side kick was intentional and don't try to fool yourself other wise.

Nobody in the endzone was cussing at anybody. "Bring #1 back in! We want the ball back!" / After #1 said, "Go back to your trailers." Somebody said, "Tell your mom to leave and I will." Smith Co. fans never expressed foul language. That is ridiculous. An adult from FC called someone ignorant while he was standing behind the lady cop. That had to take some guts. Please try to remember what your school's name is and try to represent that. ( Us Smith Co. fans can't accept responsibility for our actions, We're just some trailer park rednecks! )