New Era for Karns

gokarns09

We have a new era at Karns, out of all the coaches there Mrs. Sands made the best choice, coach Witt is the best he actually cares about our disipline and us the students I am fired up for the 2010 season and wish coach all the success possible so he can make his bid to be the head coach for a long time, hope he can get rid of the remaining 2 coaches of the best coaching staff ever, GOOD LUCK COACH WITT and oh ya I heard your bringing back the blue and gold just one of many great moves I am sure you will make.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First Coach Witt is a good coach but is not ready for the head job and does not want the head job. Second he did not bring back the blue and gold the new principal did and only for a few games.

No he didn't want the head job this way and for sure he may not have the experince right now, but he is a coach that cares for the kids and has stayed at Karns when he as had other ops to go somewhere else, your statement that he doesn't want the job probably has more to do with who he as on his staff this year then that he wouldn't do it for as long as he can and yes he was the one that ask Mrs. Sands to send back the black jerseys and get the traditional colors, my son had coach Witt for class on the field and in track and he is by far the best hire out of the options there, should tell you alot about the HC's right hand boys when they are suppose to have all this great pedigree and can't even be named interm HC over a guy that has no HC experince, new admin may just want whats best for the players in the appointment of coach Witt.

I am not taking anything away from Witt but out of his own mouth said I do not want the HC position bc I have to children at home and do not want to deal with the BS that coach Reeves had to deal with. I want to keep my job as long as I can.... Karns HC job is a dead end for anyone no matter what experience they have or success. The community has proven that time and time again... And get your info straight it was the principal who changed the colors back. She had ordered the jerseys Monday of last week. 2 days before witt was named HC

I am not taking anything away from Witt but out of his own mouth said I do not want the HC position bc I have to children at home and do not want to deal with the BS that coach Reeves had to deal with. I want to keep my job as long as I can.... Karns HC job is a dead end for anyone no matter what experience they have or success. The community has proven that time and time again... And get your info straight it was the principal who changed the colors back. She had ordered the jerseys Monday of last week. 2 days before witt was named HC

I have my facts straight, new jerseys have not been ordered because of the black ones, need to get some funds, second I spoke to very reliable source and Witt is very excited to be HC rumor has it he will be bringing in a new DC. Facts straight or not experince or not coach witt is a great hire for the HC, the kids love him and he will treat the kids with respect and not tell them how terrible they are, bank on that

Jerseys were ordered I saw the PO and know the guy they ordered them from. And if your son did suck like we all know he did then maybe a little truth telling would have been good for him. But we all know that never happened anyways. The coaches at Karns have never told the kids that they were horrible or even bad. THEY HAVE stated that they were not great and had lots of improvements to make before they could compete with other schools. If that hurts your little feelings then football isn't the sport for you and your son. I heard track and cheerleading was looking for someone with your caliber and touchy feelings.

Jerseys were ordered I saw the PO and know the guy they ordered them from. And if your son did suck like we all know he did then maybe a little truth telling would have been good for him. But we all know that never happened anyways. The coaches at Karns have never told the kids that they were horrible or even bad. THEY HAVE stated that they were not great and had lots of improvements to make before they could compete with other schools. If that hurts your little feelings then football isn't the sport for you and your son. I heard track and cheerleading was looking for someone with your caliber and touchy feelings.

Trio you are true DA for your info my son started two years with these idiots and yes two years ago the DC blew his whistle and called the kids to mid field on the game field on a thursday night walk through and told them they were the worst F ing players in the state,I can already tell you know all,all I know is the Karns pogrm is in much better hands then it was 5 days ago, it really funny it is the old admin let the HC do what ever he wanted new admin decieded the HC was not what the players needed tht is fact becaus we have a new coach end of story

First your son spent more time on the sidelines due to made up injuries. Second I was in that huddle and the coach said you all are playing like the worst team in the state. That is bc we were practicing that way and needed a wake up call. We ended up having a good practice and was told that at the end. Just bc your son hated the staff because they did not pump them full of bs and feed their ego about how good they were does not mean that you have the right to judge them. You were not in the huddle and not on the field to hear what was said. Teenagers hear what they want to believe and that definitely goes for your son who believed he was the best and should have been recruited by every college in the nation. Great dream.... There were 4 fights at the Heritage practice yesterday. 2 at William Blount. Not one of them was reported to the Principals. They are to handled on the field. Maybe you should report them too.

First your son spent more time on the sidelines due to made up injuries. Second I was in that huddle and the coach said you all are playing like the worst team in the state. That is bc we were practicing that way and needed a wake up call. We ended up having a good practice and was told that at the end. Just bc your son hated the staff because they did not pump them full of bs and feed their ego about how good they were does not mean that you have the right to judge them. You were not in the huddle and not on the field to hear what was said. Teenagers hear what they want to believe and that definitely goes for your son who believed he was the best and should have been recruited by every college in the nation. Great dream.... There were 4 fights at the Heritage practice yesterday. 2 at William Blount. Not one of them was reported to the Principals. They are to handled on the field. Maybe you should report them too.

tnio I like your insights - a different voice from a person who was there. I also thought there were real performance issues with the players the 1st two years of Coach Reeves' tenure. Not too many gifted players and the physical conditioning was lacking. The defense caved in the 4th quarter time and time again. We were very poor against the sweep or swing pass.

But my question this evening relates to the dawning of the New Era and the onset of the "Gold Rush". Does anyone actually believe that a dab of gold trim on the uniforms will help the players' performance and/or increase the level of community support? If so, please explain why?

I understand that the alumini want the gold back and have raised cane about the team not having it on their jerseys. Why has baseball, basketball, and other teams not gotten any grief over changing the colors of their jerseys. It is clear to me that no one except a few select like the old ugly gold. I also think that unless you support and donate money to the program that you shouldn't throw your feelings into the mix to begin with. A true supporter of a program sticks with the program through thick and thin. We are the only team in knox county without a field house and people want to complain about the color of our jersey... Go Figure

I understand that the alumini want the gold back and have raised cane about the team not having it on their jerseys. Why has baseball, basketball, and other teams not gotten any grief over changing the colors of their jerseys. It is clear to me that no one except a few select like the old ugly gold. I also think that unless you support and donate money to the program that you shouldn't throw your feelings into the mix to begin with. A true supporter of a program sticks with the program through thick and thin. We are the only team in knox county without a field house and people want to complain about the color of our jersey... Go Figure

You're right about the other teams using blue, black, white. In looking at the Karns web pages it looks like baseball, basketball, track (coached by Witt), and volleyball all use the newer color scheme. I'm honestly glad that I won't have any more kids to run through the system. It just seems like there's a group of older busybody types that find great delight in creating trouble, all in the name of "Karns tradition". I like your comment about the fieldhouse. If each of these cranky old timers ponied up a few thousand instead of griping all the time, the program would be a lot better off. It's a clever strategy by the new principal to jump on the "gold" bandwagon but I tend to think that it's not one that will get her very far down the road.

You're right about the other teams using blue, black, white. In looking at the Karns web pages it looks like baseball, basketball, track (coached by Witt), and volleyball all use the newer color scheme. I'm honestly glad that I won't have any more kids to run through the system. It just seems like there's a group of older busybody types that find great delight in creating trouble, all in the name of "Karns tradition". I like your comment about the fieldhouse. If each of these cranky old timers ponied up a few thousand instead of griping all the time, the program would be a lot better off. It's a clever strategy by the new principal to jump on the "gold" bandwagon but I tend to think that it's not one that will get her very far down the road.

Earlier in the day I voted at Hardin Valley Elementary. I overheard two Hawk football devotees talking football.

1st guy: "Hey, did you hear that Karns is getting new gold trimmed jerseys?"

2nd guy: "Oh crap; we'll never beat them now!" :roflol:

A lady standing nearby chimed in: "Well I always thought gold was a cute color. I just love teams that look cute when they go out to play." 8-)