New Era for Karns

gokarns09

Earlier in the day I voted at Hardin Valley Elementary. I overheard two Hawk football devotees talking football.

1st guy: "Hey, did you hear that Karns is getting new gold trimmed jerseys?"

2nd guy: "Oh crap; we'll never beat them now!" :roflol:

A lady standing nearby chimed in: "Well I always thought gold was a cute color. I just love teams that look cute when they go out to play." 8-)

April 2007 Players we havehired the best coach we could find..

Enters Coach Robert Reeves

First off boys your last coach was terrible, we will build you we wil coach you and we will go 8-2 this year because we are the greatest coaches.

Coach Reeves, We must have:

Boys we are buying a digital system that will help us win games I heard 10 k so 10 k

Boys we will get you new weight room equipment ( The Roth Family steps up for FB AND BB) 0 COST

Boys we will get Black jerseys because it will make us better what 5 k for jerseys

Boys we went 1 ad 9 but next year just wait

Boys we ae getting plastic hammers and painting them Gold for a hit man award (oh ya but we will tell you no one hit enough to get one)

boys we have all you seniors but guess what you are F ing terrible

Boys we will rasie more money then anyone so I can go to Tony Franklin and learn to coach I heard 5 k

Boys everyone that as run this offense wins

Boys dang it we only won 2 games 2 and 8 wait til next year my golden boy will be a senior we will b 2 years in this O and then we will win

Boys man this is the greatest season yet we won three games 3 and 7 we are on our way

Boys I have to go to the wing t cause Halls kicked our A using it and we can do the same oh ya boys I also lost my golden boy

Boys I have ran out of stupid things to do so let me take some of you on a trip without permission

Boys I am sorry I went 6 and 24 I tried my best to buy you all you needed and spend as much as possible to learn how to coach, we just didn't have enough money to get there. WILL SOME ONE BUY ME THE COACHING FOOTBALL FOR IDIOTS BOOK ,PLEASE!

all that sounds really stupid huh, guess what that is how stupid your post was and I for one andmany many many many many of the folks I played with ad know rejoice thatReeves was fired not soon enough and ya there is still two there that has to go as we the players call them the three A _ _ holes..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading through your post and could not help but notice how sorry your grammar is. Then the thought crossed my mind that if you were a player then maybe the problem is that the players are just too dumb to understand how football works. You can only dumb things down so much. Maybe you should have bought the book How to play football for dummies. The two of you could have got a discount for buying in bulk. By the way the offense that you dogged was tops in the conference in passing yards and TD's. Seems that the money was spent well. AND if you paid any attention to this years offense, they are still running the Franklin System they have just added some Flexbone into the playbook to add more depth to the running game. It is the same style as GT and will help open up the offense.

I was reading through your post and could not help but notice how sorry your grammar is. Then the thought crossed my mind that if you were a player then maybe the problem is that the players are just too dumb to understand how football works. You can only dumb things down so much. Maybe you should have bought the book How to play football for dummies. The two of you could have got a discount for buying in bulk. By the way the offense that you dogged was tops in the conference in passing yards and TD's. Seems that the money was spent well. AND if you paid any attention to this years offense, they are still running the Franklin System they have just added some Flexbone into the playbook to add more depth to the running game. It is the same style as GT and will help open up the offense.

Trio thanks, yes I am sure I miss a few grammar points, I usally post using my backberry and its not the easiest, anyways I hope you bigtuna, topraymore and the other three folks that think firing the HC was not good, enjoy your season, I for one could give a crap if we win anything this year the Karns football program got better the mintue they fied Reeves, the wins will come because coach Witt as something that the 3 A holes don't its called Character - Yes and for your info I started for 2 years and it was the worst time of my highschool life just wanted to hang with my bys and have a good time; playing for these AH's made it miserable

Trio thanks, yes I am sure I miss a few grammar points, I usally post using my backberry and its not the easiest, anyways I hope you bigtuna, topraymore and the other three folks that think firing the HC was not good, enjoy your season, I for one could give a crap if we win anything this year the Karns football program got better the mintue they fied Reeves, the wins will come because coach Witt as something that the 3 A holes don't its called Character - Yes and for your info I started for 2 years and it was the worst time of my highschool life just wanted to hang with my bys and have a good time; playing for these AH's made it miserable

Go,

It's hard to understand your statement about not caring whether the Beavers win any this year. One thing you constantly ragged on Coach Reeves about was his lackluster win loss record. Character's nice and I like Coach Witt too, but character just doesn't win games. Well you've really waxed eloquent in the previous post and provided several nice lists. Since you're the initiator of this "New Era" thread would you please give us a list of the things that define the New Era. For example, gold in jerseys seems like a definite priority. In fact I heard one of the Booster big wigs pitching a gold look to the new Principal at Friday Night's scrimmage. I'm still not sure what all's included in this New Era package. I'd really like to hear what you have to say. Include as many as possible. Thanks.

By the way, it really was your choice to play for Coach Reeves for two years. There were people who didn't like it and decided to watch from the stands on Friday nights. At least now maybe you'll let go of the anger you seem to be holding on to and move on.

That is funny about the 40 times. The first thing that the new hc and Def Coor did was time the kids in 40's and cone drills to determine who would play def. Those who were not fast enough will not touch the field. The reason that the coach had to tell you how well they did at other schools is because you all never would buy in with what they were preaching and had to find ways of proving that it worked. You wanted to transfer so sounds like you never gave the staff a chance. It is also funny that you talk about other members of your team who hated the staff and yet you can come to practices and see ex players there all the time cutting up with the coaches. Maybe it is just the large chip on your shoulder that you have that blinds you. Take the log out of your eye before you commit on the splinter in others.

That is funny about the 40 times. The first thing that the new hc and Def Coor did was time the kids in 40's and cone drills to determine who would play def. Those who were not fast enough will not touch the field. The reason that the coach had to tell you how well they did at other schools is because you all never would buy in with what they were preaching and had to find ways of proving that it worked. You wanted to transfer so sounds like you never gave the staff a chance. It is also funny that you talk about other members of your team who hated the staff and yet you can come to practices and see ex players there all the time cutting up with the coaches. Maybe it is just the large chip on your shoulder that you have that blinds you. Take the log out of your eye before you commit on the splinter in others.

Guys,

What about these new jerseys you mentioned recently? You know, the ones with some gold somewhere on them. Have the Beavers actually bought these? Are they in house? Has anyone thought abut the fact that evidence exists that the original other Karns color was Yellow, not Gold? I personally think this issues is very insignifcant but tell me what's really going on.

They are in the process of adding a gold/yellow stripe to the new jerseys that were bought. Which the new jerseys are incredible as is. There is a place on the jersey that has a white stripe on it and that is going to be changed to gold. It will look good when it is done. Another thought was to buy new pants if it cost too much for the jersey fix. The pants might be all gold.

First your son spent more time on the sidelines due to made up injuries. Second I was in that huddle and the coach said you all are playing like the worst team in the state. That is bc we were practicing that way and needed a wake up call. We ended up having a good practice and was told that at the end. Just bc your son hated the staff because they did not pump them full of bs and feed their ego about how good they were does not mean that you have the right to judge them. You were not in the huddle and not on the field to hear what was said. Teenagers hear what they want to believe and that definitely goes for your son who believed he was the best and should have been recruited by every college in the nation. Great dream.... There were 4 fights at the Heritage practice yesterday. 2 at William Blount. Not one of them was reported to the Principals. They are to handled on the field. Maybe you should report them too.

I will tell you first hand that there has not been any fights at a Heritage practice. I'm not sure where you get your info but leave Heritage out of your threads.

I will tell you first hand that there has not been any fights at a Heritage practice. I'm not sure where you get your info but leave Heritage out of your threads.

Thanks tnio. Was this "gold" fix a Booster thing? If not who had this "gold bug" and why is it such an important issue? Do you know an approximate cost for this mission? BTW I caught that mote/beam reference in your last post and know who said it 1st. Go hasn't taken me up on the New Era list. If you've gone to some practices what differences do you see from the prior regime?

Heritage Guy - please don't come on this thread threatening us like that - we're petrified. Better get those Mountaineers ready to head for the hills on the 20th. We took it easy on you last year but the Witt Express is gonna eat you up this time!

Thanks tnio. Was this "gold" fix a Booster thing? If not who had this "gold bug" and why is it such an important issue? Do you know an approximate cost for this mission? BTW I caught that mote/beam reference in your last post and know who said it 1st. Go hasn't taken me up on the New Era list. If you've gone to some practices what differences do you see from the prior regime?

Heritage Guy - please don't come on this thread threatening us like that - we're petrified. Better get those Mountaineers ready to head for the hills on the 20th. We took it easy on you last year but the Witt Express is gonna eat you up this time!

Difference is more disipline, the guys seem more into it and they are upbeat out and about, oh in case you didn't know our chnces wentway up for the heritage game the rumor as it the HC is going to join their staff, I like our chaces now for sure. Hey why don't you guys talk about something other then uniforms black, gold , green , yellow or orange it doesn't matter what matters is our team is coming together

Difference is more disipline, the guys seem more into it and they are upbeat out and about, oh in case you didn't know our chnces wentway up for the heritage game the rumor as it the HC is going to join their staff, I like our chaces now for sure. Hey why don't you guys talk about something other then uniforms black, gold , green , yellow or orange it doesn't matter what matters is our team is coming together

Go - once again you're on the cutting edge of important HS football information in ET. I know you're a big HC hater but I think he got a bad deal and hope he gets an opportunity to do what he really loves to do. But I'm pretty sure his presence won't make much difference in the game. The uniform thing isn't nearly as important as what offense is being run but it's just interesting. In the midst of all the turmoil and the need to quickly get ready for the upcoming season, why would it be so important to someone to come out with a new uniform look as soon as possible? Is this another indicator of how quickly (rashly?) the new school administration is going to make decisions? I doubt the new admins would just come in and make such a decision by themselves, so who's actually driving this bus? What do you know about this? Are you paying for these uniforms?

Come on now, I made no threats, just ask to be left off you threads. As for the Witt express, is that the best you can do? Really? You may be surprised at what you get when you come to the Hills to play the Mountaineers. Go luck to you.