1. 1. Who Will win the District?

• Columbia
    • Tullahoma
    • Lawrence Co
    • Franklin Co
    • Shelbyville
    • Lincoln Co
  2. 2. Who will make the playoffs?

Besides Goff who does Columbia have coming back from that team that had that season a year ago. Tullahoma has 8 starters on offence and 6 on defence coming back with some Soph's that will get alot of playing time. Lincoln doesnt suck just who woul dmake that schedule. But for Tullahoma to be good they have to walk the walk since the team is talking the talk. District will be decided on a thursday under the lights in Tullahoma. But it all rests on Their QB..cause the teams of old who won at Tullahoma had great QB play...ex Matt Hegan,Cass Barnes, Steve Mathews. Traville Wilkerson.

I believe Columbia is again the team to beat this year. They have 3 of their 5 starters from last years offensive line returning. Shaq Mason 6'3 305 Georgia Tech commit, Kenneth Hughes 6'4 310 and Jonathan Braden 6'2 245 all return. At quarterback senior Hayden Tate takes over for his brother Zac who led the Lions last year to a State Runner-up finish. Wideouts Eric Belew 6'2 185 junior (brother of All-State WR Bryant Belew and son of head coach Vance Belew) and Dre Hall 6'1 170 sophmore return as well. The reciever position may be one of the deeper positions on the field for the Lions. Like most teams the success of the Lions relies mostly from the play of the quarterback position. Columbia has been pretty stacked at that postion for the past several years. Ryan Tilghman a 2009 graduate and Zac Tate a 2010 graduate were only seperated by a year therefore only allowing Tate to start his senior year. Same goes for his brother Hayden who comes in with only 1 start under his belt. Last year he relieved his brother during the Marshall County game due to injury and then starting the next week verus Shelbyville leading the Lions to a 47-13 victory. Although he may not have his brothers arm strength the younger Tate is just as effective. Accuracy and good decision making are his upside. I would expect nothing less than a deep playoff run again for the Lions and the surfacing of some new playmakers as well. The future looks bright in Columbia!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Tullahoma's schedule was tough, and it is, but Lincoln Co's schedule is the toughest in District 8AAA. I realize the Falcons will be better this season, but their record may not show it. If they survive that schedule, then they will win the state championship. I think Columbia is the best team, with Tullahoma finishing 2nd, Lawrence Co 3rd, Lincoln Co 4th (because of their schedule), Shelbyville 5th and Franklin Co 6th. Tullahoma, with 6 home games and a little luck, could win the district. Every school has a cycle of real good athletes come through the system and it appears that Tullahoma is in that cycle now. With the Cats facing 3 reigning district champions to start the season, we'll know early in the season if Tullahoma can have that dream season.

You do realize that only district games determine how they place within the district? With that being said, do you still think Lincoln Co. will place 4th? They have one of the toughest schedules in the state and the toughest within the district, but i think they will finish higher than 4th.

Edited by birdfan

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my prediction:

1. Tullahoma 8-2(5-0) Looks to be very good

2. Columbia 7-3 (4-1) Can't repeat from last year cinderella story

3. Lawrence Co 5-5 (3-2) not as good as last year playoof team

4. Lincoln Co 2-8 (2-3) Who makes their schedule? Yikes!!! That's downright ridiculous, no playoffs for this district 6A teams since the new system where only the top 2 teams qualify then rest is wildcards.

5. Shelbyville 2-8 (1-4) Haven't been real good since the mid 90's

6. Franklin Co 1-9 (0-5) Moral Way Down since TM gone, They wasn't real good with him either so............

Looks like you may need to rethink this! The REBELS looked really good in their jamboree and their game Friday night. They may not have no 1 TM.... they have 4!!!! And as far as the morale,they are a team. They do not depend on any 1 person like last year. You have Tullahoma 8-2 overall??? Then I guess ya'll better be at your best when you have to play Lincol Co, Lawrence Co, FC, Shelbyville.... and your cross county rival Coffee County. And by the way thanks for the motivation here by placing FC at 1-9!!

Looks like you may need to rethink this! The REBELS looked really good in their jamboree and their game Friday night. They may not have no 1 TM.... they have 4!!!! And as far as the morale,they are a team. They do not depend on any 1 person like last year. You have Tullahoma 8-2 overall??? Then I guess ya'll better be at your best when you have to play Lincol Co, Lawrence Co, FC, Shelbyville.... and your cross county rival Coffee County. And by the way thanks for the motivation here by placing FC at 1-9!!

TOTHEEND, I totally agree with you on the rankings they have. Franklin Co. may be a better team than last but who knows. With Martin not being there it seems to be easy to put the Rebels in the cellar. Tullahoma will have a hard time being 8-2 with the likes of Lincoln, Lawrence, Siegel and not even to mention Columbia. They have a tough schedule. If I remember correctly Frankilin County won their first game last year big and then went on to losing games the rest or the year. They didn't lose all their games but enough to have a lack luster year. Just play ball and everthing will work out. If I am not mistaken they had Lawrence County picked to finsish last last year and everyone that knows anything about our District will remember what a remarkable year they ended up having.

Edited by District8AAA

Don't get too cocky yet, thats what Shelbyville did last year and they finished without a winning season. Only 1 week down and you guys played White Co, wait till you play Lawrence Co and win before you start bragging.

Don't get too cocky yet, thats what Shelbyville did last year and they finished without a winning season. Only 1 week down and you guys played White Co, wait till you play Lawrence Co and win before you start bragging.

I don't think they will have to wait that long to know what kind of team they have. Shelbyville should be

a good measuring stick for this years Franklin County team! All Franklin County has to do is beat SCHS and

you instantly discredit all predictions! Then the Franklin County bunch can scream all they want.

By no means was I being cocky only stating the fact that they did look good. They may have lost TM but that wasn't everyone. They have some very good talent. Didn't Coffee County just play Shelbyville?