Elizabethton @ Volunteer (Week 0)

U got to stand by all the kids on the team.How are they going to get better when there on fans putting them down.FOOTBALL aint a one man show ,i dont care how good that kid is.

You are absolutely right. It may seem as if I'm putting them down at times, but I assure you it's not intentional. This is the position that Rider puts these kids in. As example R.J. Williams was put into this kind of position last year. The kid run his heart out for touchdowns and then had to attempt putting his own field goals up. I'm all for these kids as a team, ready to see them play as a team. Yet again though, Rider has set them in a position of indivduals, not a team that's come together to play.

Other teams do not coach in this manner. They put structure to a team and build up a whole team with everyone they have. Take for example Betsy, it's a team! Down a kicker? They found one in Christine Hardin. The name Hardin may sound familiar, but the indivdual has changed. Her big brother Clayton was their kicker last year, she is their chosen kicker this year. Now would coach Rider ever step outside the boundary to let a girl on their team? Heck no, it would be social political death for him in Falcon country. Rider's family may know how to coach a well-rounded football team, but Rider himself needs to take lessons from them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss last night for the Falcons. I wish the offense would spread it out more, kinda hard to get much going when you have 8 men in the box on every single play. I also feel you have to play your best players on both sides of the ball at the high school level. If you noticed Betsy had 7 starters playing both ways, in high school this is necessary to win the game. Keep working hard in practice guys and if the right plays are called you will find that victory!

Not to go back to last season or to get into an arguement but SeeingthingsoO you must have Rogers confused with another player that was injuried. Rogers had shoulder surgery that ended his season, then ended up with a perforated stomach ucler(Devin was deathly ill, which lead to him losing the 35 pounds) that had in him in the hospital in Knoxville for nearly a month including the last few games of the season. You can even ask Coach Rider on that because he did visit Rogers while in the hospital in Knoxville.

No more bashing this team guys, this team win and lose as an entire squad. I saw alot of fight in our team last night, if a few plays happen differently we could have come out with the W!

Look, I'm not going to jump into your attempts at an elementary childish argument. I watched the games, and stand by my statements of the facts I know, enough said. With typical style, if someone knows just a little bit more than what's being fed to them, you blow up your chest, ruffle your feathers and start name calling. Yes, I know for a fact he had option! After his recovery time he chose not to play out the rest of the season. He's admitted it by his own mouth that he wasn't finishing out last year not by injury, but by choice. Plus the fact that before every game last year, he was down on the field rough housing and throwing footballs with the waterboys and such. Now if he was so seriously injured that his season was finished, he would not have been able to do even that. I'm not knocking him in the least for doing so, it was what he wanted to do. Like I said though, I'm not going to childishly argue with you over something from the past. I'll probably pretty much ignore your posts from this point on.

Again with the name calling. Does it bother you so much that someone may actually know what their talking about? It seems only those that have general knowledge jump to name calling when up against others that actually know the game. It's the defense of some to start derailing the conversation. It really makes me wonder if your one of the parents or fans that sits around in the stands and talks while the game goes on, instead of watching. Then the minute that the Falcons make key mistakes and gets behind in the game, you get up and leave. A Falcon game typically starts with well beyond capacity at the start of each game. The announcer even keeps telling both fans and visitors not to take this seat, or that seat. Then by the end of the 3rd quarter, over half of the stadium is empty.

Oh I am someone with "general knowledge" huh? Well actually I am Dustin HIS BROTHER and I have more knowledge than any other person on that team, coaching staff, or person sitting in those stands seeing as how I am the one who took him to 2 different doctors to get second opinions hoping to avoid my brother having to go through surgery and miss the season. So I know for a fact that he did not have a choice. And are you aware of the fact that he almost died a week after his shoulder surgery and spent 3 weeks immobile in Knoxville Children's Hospital? And you have the knowledge, right? He almost DIED you POS! He was 120 pounds when he left that place so no you never saw him on the sidelines becasue he couldn't even leave the house. The only game you could have even seen him at was the week before he had his first shoulder surgery.

So, let me guess you are just some loser or your one of the parents that your child never gets to play so you feel it is necessary to run your redneck mouth about something that you have no idea of anything remotely close to what you are talking about. Probably because you are inbred so I know it must be hard for you to think at all. I want you to know right now that for your own safety and your own good, I better not find out who you are. But, if you post some crap like this again, I will find out who you are and I am there every Friday and I don't hide behind a screen name, bet you didn't notice my screen name says Rogers you fool. So, see you next Friday?

Edited by rogers4falcons

EHS: 28

Volunteer: 13

all of EHS points were scored in the first half. Lack of experience(young team and losing 20+ seniors) showed in the 2nd half.

Not a 33-6 blowout like last year but a pretty solid win either way.

Congratulations Betsy

You guys came prepared last night. Good luck the rest of the season.

As for VHS they are better than they played last night. The coaching staff needs to make the necessary changes to help the team. The offense is not going to work when you run the ball against a defense with 8 in the box every play. Hard to run the ball without a passing game. These things should have been addressed weeks ago. The boys played hard but were sent into battle with a bad gameplan on offense.

I was told today that Elizabethton would be down from last year,but I'll say 35-14 and fill in the teams later tonight

Volunteer has improved or Elizabethton is down more than I thought.I really didn't think it would be a close game,but without reading the details,it must have been closer than I thought it would be

Edited by BatmanDB

I thought the Falcons showed potential last night. Good game to watch and we were in position late to pull within 7 and maybe tie it up before the end. Elizabethton appeared to be solid and should have a good season.

I think the second half our defense adjusted and shutdown alot of what the Cyclones were doing offensively. Good hard running by Devin and Ethan last night. I saw some solid play at times by the O Line. These guys can do it if they can put all 4 quarters together. Devin came to my house last night and he didn't appear too banged up. I saw a couple of injured falcons last night but hopefully nothing a few days won't fix. Hopefully we can identify the problems and make corrections this week to get ready to go to North next week.

I expect North to try to control the clock by grinding it out on the ground. Our defense will have to be ready so our offense will have the ball long enough to find some rythym. Go Falcons!

Look, I'm not going to jump into your attempts at an elementary childish argument. I watched the games, and stand by my statements of the facts I know, enough said. With typical style, if someone knows just a little bit more than what's being fed to them, you blow up your chest, ruffle your feathers and start name calling. Yes, I know for a fact he had option! After his recovery time he chose not to play out the rest of the season. He's admitted it by his own mouth that he wasn't finishing out last year not by injury, but by choice. Plus the fact that before every game last year, he was down on the field rough housing and throwing footballs with the waterboys and such. Now if he was so seriously injured that his season was finished, he would not have been able to do even that. I'm not knocking him in the least for doing so, it was what he wanted to do. Like I said though, I'm not going to childishly argue with you over something from the past. I'll probably pretty much ignore your posts from this point on.

Again with the name calling. Does it bother you so much that someone may actually know what their talking about? It seems only those that have general knowledge jump to name calling when up against others that actually know the game. It's the defense of some to start derailing the conversation. It really makes me wonder if your one of the parents or fans that sits around in the stands and talks while the game goes on, instead of watching. Then the minute that the Falcons make key mistakes and gets behind in the game, you get up and leave. A Falcon game typically starts with well beyond capacity at the start of each game. The announcer even keeps telling both fans and visitors not to take this seat, or that seat. Then by the end of the 3rd quarter, over half of the stadium is empty.

Does anyone know the identity of SeeingthingsoO?

Edited by rogers4falcons

Oh I am someone with "general knowledge" huh? Well actually I am Dustin HIS BROTHER and I have more knowledge than any other person on that team, coaching staff, or person sitting in those stands seeing as how I am the one who took him to 2 different doctors to get second opinions hoping to avoid my brother having to go through surgery and miss the season. So I know for a fact that he did not have a choice. And are you aware of the fact that he almost died a week after his shoulder surgery and spent 3 weeks immobile in Knoxville Children's Hospital? And you have the knowledge, right? He almost DIED you POS! He was 120 pounds when he left that place so no you never saw him on the sidelines becasue he couldn't even leave the house. The only game you could have even seen him at was the week before he had his first shoulder surgery.

So, let me guess you are just some loser or your one of the parents that your child never gets to play so you feel it is necessary to run your redneck mouth about something that you have no idea of anything remotely close to what you are talking about. Probably because you are inbred so I know it must be hard for you to think at all. I want you to know right now that for your own safety and your own good, I better not find out who you are. But, if you post some crap like this again, I will find out who you are and I am there every Friday and I don't hide behind a screen name, bet you didn't notice my screen name says Rogers you fool. So, see you next Friday?

Just replying to keep in place the crap spewing from your mouth. Typical low character

Tough loss last night for the Falcons. I wish the offense would spread it out more, kinda hard to get much going when you have 8 men in the box on every single play. I also feel you have to play your best players on both sides of the ball at the high school level. If you noticed Betsy had 7 starters playing both ways, in high school this is necessary to win the game. Keep working hard in practice guys and if the right plays are called you will find that victory!

Not to go back to last season or to get into an arguement but SeeingthingsoO you must have Rogers confused with another player that was injuried. Rogers had shoulder surgery that ended his season, then ended up with a perforated stomach ucler(Devin was deathly ill, which lead to him losing the 35 pounds) that had in him in the hospital in Knoxville for nearly a month including the last few games of the season. You can even ask Coach Rider on that because he did visit Rogers while in the hospital in Knoxville.

No more bashing this team guys, this team win and lose as an entire squad. I saw alot of fight in our team last night, if a few plays happen differently we could have come out with the W!

Coach Rider visited? Well, what a first or I guess something he does for only his chosen indivduals on that team. I've known a number of players that have been injured, had surgeries etc.. and not one time did he call or visit those players. Now does he really care about this team as a whole football team? I think not by what your statements are.