Elizabethton @ Volunteer (Week 0)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as it stands OL/DL players Frank Mutter and Patrick Cox are the only returning starters? Not sure how lopsided it will be, but I see the potential there. You can't expect fresh to know exactly what their doing after only 1 scrimmage before a Friday night game. Witten plays for an overall game, he doesn't expect his players to stand on the sidelines until their senior year to see play action. He uses his players to make a team, make plays and participate in games unlike Rider.

Anticipation to see Rogers speed this year. If he decides to play for a full season, unlike last.

Jack Crowe really stepped into his cleats last year and made some surprising plays for the Falcons.

Heath Allen was able to see some playing time last year in a few games.

Waited through an entirely dreadful season last year in order to see Harris as QB this year.

Volunteer is severely lacking in overall size compared to their competition. Other than Mutter, Cox, Lawson and Lumpkins, no one comes close to the sizes their competition will be.

Jared Rogers started almost every game last season on the OL. A lot of sophomores seen action last season on both sides of the ball and that should help them this year. The falcons have a lot of heart and have worked really hard this offseason and hope to get the bad taste of last season out of their mouth this year. Volunteer has switched things up this year with the Offense. Looked good so far in all of the scimmages. The falcons have the athletes to win games this season and I believe they will beat Betsy.

Volunteer 21

Betsy 20

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared Rogers started almost every game last season on the OL. A lot of sophomores seen action last season on both sides of the ball and that should help them this year. The falcons have a lot of heart and have worked really hard this offseason and hope to get the bad taste of last season out of their mouth this year. Volunteer has switched things up this year with the Offense. Looked good so far in all of the scimmages. The falcons have the athletes to win games this season and I believe they will beat Betsy.

Volunteer 21

Betsy 20

Jared Rogers did not start every game last season for the Falcons. Besides, I was not even refering to that Rogers in my previous post. I was refering to Devin Rogers as far as speed was concerned. I do hope all their off-season efforts pay off this year. I'm as much with the next Falcon fan as anyone, but I don't see them winning this game tonight. Sure hope these boys can prove me wrong. At this point, I still believe Betsy is the better team. Volunteer has never been able to play well beyond the first quarter.

Jared Rogers did not start every game last season for the Falcons. Besides, I was not even refering to that Rogers in my previous post. I was refering to Devin Rogers as far as speed was concerned. I do hope all their off-season efforts pay off this year. I'm as much with the next Falcon fan as anyone, but I don't see them winning this game tonight. Sure hope these boys can prove me wrong. At this point, I still believe Betsy is the better team. Volunteer has never been able to play well beyond the first quarter.

I don't know what games you watched, but I watched 5 games last year due to the circumstances reguarding Devin, and Jared played and started in most of them. By the way you IDIOT the little comment you said in the last post about if Devin decides to play the full season was absolutely ridiculous. Do you really think he had an option. You apparently are one of those stupid fans or a parent who don't know anything about the game. I've watched this group of kids play since they were in pee-wee sports and I believe in them. So you can keep doubting the boys playing or you can get with the program and back them.

Thats how you build a team up,how many people play 4 the falcons.does that guy play every spot on offense.FALCONS hold your heads up boys ,keep banging heads you'll get there.This is one school i have alot of respect 4,u dont hear the trash talking coming from them.

He played about everywhere on the offense tonight.He is a good athlete.

U got to stand by all the kids on the team.How are they going to get better when there on fans putting them down.FOOTBALL aint a one man show ,i dont care how good that kid is.

We know FOOTBALL is not a one man show but there has been alot of teams that one man has carried the load.I am just stating a fact and i am sure that the falcons are very happy that they have rogers on there team.

I don't know what games you watched, but I watched 5 games last year due to the circumstances reguarding Devin, and Jared played and started in most of them. By the way you IDIOT the little comment you said in the last post about if Devin decides to play the full season was absolutely ridiculous. Do you really think he had an option. You apparently are one of those stupid fans or a parent who don't know anything about the game. I've watched this group of kids play since they were in pee-wee sports and I believe in them. So you can keep doubting the boys playing or you can get with the program and back them.

Look, I'm not going to jump into your attempts at an elementary childish argument. I watched the games, and stand by my statements of the facts I know, enough said. With typical style, if someone knows just a little bit more than what's being fed to them, you blow up your chest, ruffle your feathers and start name calling. Yes, I know for a fact he had option! After his recovery time he chose not to play out the rest of the season. He's admitted it by his own mouth that he wasn't finishing out last year not by injury, but by choice. Plus the fact that before every game last year, he was down on the field rough housing and throwing footballs with the waterboys and such. Now if he was so seriously injured that his season was finished, he would not have been able to do even that. I'm not knocking him in the least for doing so, it was what he wanted to do. Like I said though, I'm not going to childishly argue with you over something from the past. I'll probably pretty much ignore your posts from this point on.

Again with the name calling. Does it bother you so much that someone may actually know what their talking about? It seems only those that have general knowledge jump to name calling when up against others that actually know the game. It's the defense of some to start derailing the conversation. It really makes me wonder if your one of the parents or fans that sits around in the stands and talks while the game goes on, instead of watching. Then the minute that the Falcons make key mistakes and gets behind in the game, you get up and leave. A Falcon game typically starts with well beyond capacity at the start of each game. The announcer even keeps telling both fans and visitors not to take this seat, or that seat. Then by the end of the 3rd quarter, over half of the stadium is empty.