What's a true fan?

NoDoubt

After hearing about the tragic death of the young man last night, it kind of puts everything into perspective. My sympathy and prayers go out to the family and friends of this young man. This is a game that we all love but it's still just that...A Game. These are just kids that are out on the field trying to do just what we want them to do. Play well and win the game. They've already put in months and even years in some cases, to try to do what they're doing as best as they can. We should all keep this in mind when we get frustrated or upset with how a game is going and decide to yell our opinions at the players.

I sat in the Greenbrier stands last night and had to listen to a "fan" for four quarters. It's one thing if you're bad-mouthed by the other team but to have to listen to it in your on stands is pathetic. My hat's off to WH. They were the better team no doubt. They beat us at every aspect of the game. You guys have a good team that's playing well and getting better. We didn't play as well as we've been playing and we just weren't ready for this game. But to have to listen to "fans" continually bad-mouth the boys playing on the field is sad. These "fans" won't clap or cheer when something good happens but they'll sure let everyone hear their opinion when something goes wrong. A group of us had to listen to a "fan" complain when someone missed a tackle. I'm sure if the player had a the choice, he would have rather had made the tackle. He missed it! Get over it. Cheer the next play. This "fan" complained once because the ball wasn't thrown to the tight end who was open across the middle. I guess the "fan" couldn't pick up on that this was a called screen pass to the FB. The "fan" complained because a player called a fair catch at his own 8. Did the fan realize that the coach had told the player to specifically do this to keep the ball from being downed at the goal? If you have a gripe with a player, keep it to yourself, they're only kids and they're someone elses son. If you have a gripe with the coach, don't complain in the stands; take it to him personally. One "fan" can totally ruin the game for a group of true fans. The tragedy that occured last night sure makes complaining about a kid missing a block or over-throwing a pass seem trivial.