Lawrence Co vs Columbia Central Week 0

lexi

Columbia 21 Lawrence County 11

A very physical football game from start to finish. Both teams looked slugish on the offensive side of things. Columbia clearly had control for most of this contest. They led 7-3 at halftime. In the second half Columbia came out and scored two more touchdowns to make it 21-3. With 6 minutes to go in the 4th a bad snap on a Columbia punt attempt put Lawrence County inside the Columbia 30 yard line. Lawrence County followed that up with a Garland TD and 2 pt conversion. Columbia was just too much up front for the Lawrence County defense.

Columbia clearly had control for most of this contest? The difference in this evenly matched contest was Tra'Darious Goff. Columbia assumed control in the second half after LC turned the ball over on a pass behind the los in their own territory. Congrats to the Lions and their very special talent, Goff. I don't believe ya'll will lose a district game this year. On to the Cowbell game for the Cats.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia clearly had control for most of this contest? The difference in this evenly matched contest was Tra'Darious Goff. Columbia assumed control in the second half after LC turned the ball over on a pass behind the los in their own territory. Congrats to the Lions and their very special talent, Goff. I don't believe ya'll will lose a district game this year. On to the Cowbell game for the Cats.

I think the real difference in the game came from Columbia's defensive line. LC simply couldn't block the interior lineman of Columbia. They did break a few nice runs, but it seemed like every other play Shaq Mason had one of LC's backs down in the backfield.

I think the real difference in the game came from Columbia's defensive line. LC simply couldn't block the interior lineman of Columbia. They did break a few nice runs, but it seemed like every other play Shaq Mason had one of LC's backs down in the backfield.

I know it's a little after the fact, but I am an o-lineman for the wildcats, and I can honestly say Shaq is top three, if not the best football player I have ever played. Unbelievable speed and quickness, along with his obvious strength and size. Good luck to him at the next level at Georgia Tech.