Boys Basketball

deesnutz

Let me clarify . . . going back the last 10 years in AA bball in TN, out of the 20 teams that have played for the championship 17 (yep 17) have been from the western part of TN (using Nashville as the center line). If you want to use the 3 grand divisions, it is literally 15. If that ain't dominate, I'm not sure what is.

We are talking Bolivar, Liberty Tech, B.T. Washington, Mitchell, Raleigh-Egypt, Ridgeway - my point was and is that they have talent spread over quite a few schools; in the east we had a loaded Fulton team for 2 years, and an AE runner up team in 2001.

This year we see talent spread across 4-6 teams in East TN in AA with a legit shot at a championship, and that was my simple point.

I don't consider the past 20 years as recent history. Let me predict that a loaded G.P. team and a very experienced Carter team wil represent E Tn. in the state tourney. With Carter reaching the finals.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you think that Carter will reach the finals your on that funny smelling stuff. I can think of 5 or 6 teams better than them just off the top of my head. CPA beat them with ease in the summer and marshall co. is better. Also, when a memphis team like bolivar throws that lockdown defense on opponents they are most of the time frozen with fear!