East Hamilton vs Signal Mountain

smeagle1

Decided to post this on the 3/4A board as we didn’t have any post from Hixson’s fans on tonight’s game on the 1/2A board. Hopefully there will be some EH folks post on here.

SM coming off the first of many wins this season. It will be a short week of preparation for us as we have a JV game Monday night and this game will be played at Finley Stadium on Thursday. But we will show up ready to play!!!

Hope to make it down to Finley on Thursday to see Signal crack some skulls! Anyone have any commentary or stats for the buttkicking laid on Hixson tonight???

SM had 474 yards of offense, 250 passing and 224 rushing. Whitmire was 11 of 17 he had a couple of high passes early and a dropped one. SM never punted and only had to two 4th downs all night both were converted inside the Hixson 20. The only time we didn’t score was right before half and we were inside their 20 again, if the clock had been working we would have scored on this one too.

It was a good night for SM no major injuries (that I know of) and as coach said he got to play a lot of kids which helps building depth and experience.

Commentary, What can you say Impressive opening night. Oh, and it was awesome to see the fan support!!!

Decided to post this on the 3/4A board as we didn’t have any post from Hixson’s fans on tonight’s game on the 1/2A board. Hopefully there will be some EH folks post on here.

SM coming off the first of many wins this season. It will be a short week of preparation for us as we have a JV game Monday night and this game will be played at Finley Stadium on Thursday. But we will show up ready to play!!!

Have not seen many of my brethren on here yet this fall but I know they will show up soon. This years team features a much improved offensive line but we still are struggling at the QB position. Not sure why the senior QB is not getting the reps but oh well, it is what it is. I look for this game to be closer than last year but we still have way TOO many youngsters starting in key positions. At least this year they are sophomores instead of freshmen. Looking for a CLEANER game this year. Hopefully both teams will come away with all their starters in tact.

signal wins big again but with that being said east hamilton will be one of the premier teams in chattanooga in a few year but for now they will keep it close early but signals depth and experience wins it 49-13

It would be nice to keep it closer than last year for sure. Our freshman team looks really strong and they have a good QB so it does look like East Hamilton will be in contention in a few more years. Until then we will just have to see who on our varsity is ready to step up and be the on-field leader (on both sides of the ball). After seeing Ooltewah's dismantling of Tyner, their is hope that a lesser experienced team can pull off the big upset.

Noticed that the kid who got hurt in the pool incident was on the football team according to the paper. Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Go Canes! ....No Excuses!

Edited by EHgreen

It would be nice to keep it closer than last year for sure. Our freshman team looks really strong and they have a good QB so it does look like East Hamilton will be in contention in a few more years. Until then we will just have to see who on our varsity is ready to step up and be the on-field leader (on both sides of the ball). After seeing Ooltewah's dismantling of Tyner, their is hope that a lesser experienced team can pull off the big upset.

Noticed that the kid who got hurt in the pool incident was on the football team according to the paper. Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

Go Canes! ....No Excuses!

they boy that was hurt in the pool incident was on the football team he quit somtime during the summer i believe saying that he wanted to focus on baseball but i wish your team good luck and i hope we can have a injury free game on thursday night

Edited by eaglepride55

Have not seen many of my brethren on here yet this fall but I know they will show up soon. This years team features a much improved offensive line but we still are struggling at the QB position. Not sure why the senior QB is not getting the reps but oh well, it is what it is. I look for this game to be closer than last year but we still have way TOO many youngsters starting in key positions. At least this year they are sophomores instead of freshmen. Looking for a CLEANER game this year. Hopefully both teams will come away with all their starters in tact.

Well EHgreen I guess your brethren have decided to take the same approach as the team and lay low. That’s ok we are waiting to see what kind of surprises you’re going to through at us tomorrow night. I just hope we are up to the task:-) My guess is we will be.