Lewis vs. Collinwood

Stat_pack1

Chunk_D who are C'woods players this year? I saw a few weeks back a couple of guys listed on the watch list. Who is the linemen? Does Drew Luker play? I had heard that he was not playing at one time. What about the Weaver twins?

The Luker kid quit and another one with great potential just quit & Would prolly be starting middle or outside LB for sure and very fast as well. I didnt get to go see the Wilson game because the JR high had a game in Columbia AC. From what I have seen this year if the QB does a good job we will be ok .... if not who knows . Oh and the Weavers are still there so we have good pursuit on defense to the ball. We just arent big on the line like I thought we would be last year (we fast tho)... We still have some play makers ! :thumb: Go Trojans

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had a kid last year.......I believe his name was something like Risner, is he still there or was he a senior? He was one tough player...strong and good feel for the game. This was a great game last year.....right down to the wire. Expect the same this year. One of the stat pack members thought LCHS would go 8/2 or 7/3 this year.......LCHS needs to win this one...or stat might have to go bird hunting to eat the crow. Lewis in a close one......but still have home field advantage.....toss up. LCHS needs it more so leaning towards LEWIS!

The Luker kid quit and another one with great potential just quit & Would prolly be starting middle or outside LB for sure and very fast as well. I didnt get to go see the Wilson game because the JR high had a game in Columbia AC. From what I have seen this year if the QB does a good job we will be ok .... if not who knows . Oh and the Weavers are still there so we have good pursuit on defense to the ball. We just arent big on the line like I thought we would be last year (we fast tho)... We still have some play makers ! :thumb: Go Trojans

Got my Collinwood Football preview out of the news paper today. Maybe I can put names & numbers togehter now. Thanks Chunk D for the info. Keep us posted.

Yea, Collinwood should do okay this year. Lewis County did not look like the Lewis County everyone is used to seeing every year. Collinwood should pull this one out.

Its true about the Florence newspaper (TIMES DAILY) They do a good job of covering southern middle TN High School football. Especially Lawrence County High, Loretto, Collinwood, Wayne County. They (TIMES DAILY), do alot better job of covering those teams than the Tennessean does, thats for sure. The Tennessean pays very little attention to the southern TN teams. They usually only give the score and a tiny description of the game (if your lucky). The Times Daily usually will ad a photo or two and give do a write up of every quarter.

I usually go online to the Times Daily and look at all the articles on the teams they cover in Tennessee, and you are right, their coverage is superior to the Tennessean. But, they are a Nashville based newspaper and most people in that area careless about the Southern Middle Tennessee Teams, until they beat one of their precious ABC schools.

I look for Friday to be a close game for 3 quarters, I believe whoever is winning at Halftime, will win the game in the end. Both teams are still down from their usual years.... It's whoever comes out with more passion. The losing team will lose steam, and probably give up towards the end. Thats just my opinion though....

I'll pulling for Collinwood but I think that Lewis Co. will win in a close one. Collinwood is rebuilding with good freshman and sophmore classes, there going to be real good again soon.

It will depend on how the upper class handles the game, both teams are loaded with talented Freshman and Sophomores. They are so similar it is scary, I watched film on both teams this year and the thought of this game being close will give both coaching staff's a complex. Both teams are very well coached and disciplined. I have to applaud the Lewis County staff for staying so controlled and focused in last week's game, they had opportunities to win the game. They showed great class, unlike their opponent.

Who is C'woods QB? I thought it would be the Davis kid.

The QB is Davis. The Trojans have been looking pretty good. They have some talented men out there. Roberson who has for going on 4 years done an outstanding job, and you have the Weaver boys, Chambers,and Ray this is only a few but I think the Trojans get under-estimated every year. They are a tough team, not alot of size but alot of pride, and character plus determination to get the job done.

GO TROJANS :thumb:

The QB is Davis. The Trojans have been looking pretty good. They have some talented men out there. Roberson who has for going on 4 years done an outstanding job, and you have the Weaver boys, Chambers,and Ray this is only a few but I think the Trojans get under-estimated every year. They are a tough team, not alot of size but alot of pride, and character plus determination to get the job done.

GO TROJANS :thumb:

How much does the Montgomery kid play? I saw him last year in middle school ball and he is a huge kid. He played a little scared it looked and seemed to be afraid of getting hit or hitting someone. A kid that size should be running over people. Does C'wood throw the ball a lot or do they run it?