District 12

Stat_pack1

I just seen scores from last night........shocked to say the least. Page losing to a team they handled last year by 40, Giles losing to a team they beat by 30, Spinghill losing to a 1A school (which might be the sleeper in their district and class). Course Lewis getting thumped 2 times (other stat members thought Lewis would be up this year.....Appears to be wrong so far) Hickman is 1-1 with a loss to Waverly. Fairview 1-0 (way to early to tell on them) East taking on the chin by Perry and Loretto.

This one could be a toss up this year.......Hard to pick a favorite now. Figured page was the leader of this pack. Haven't seen a score on Marshall...but based on early scrimages...hard to tell on them.

Whats everyone else's thoughts...are you confused as I'am trying to figure this one out.....one thing...there are no state championships this year for this district.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just seen scores from last night........shocked to say the least. Page losing to a team they handled last year by 40, Giles losing to a team they beat by 30, Spinghill losing to a 1A school (which might be the sleeper in their district and class). Course Lewis getting thumped 2 times (other stat members thought Lewis would be up this year.....Appears to be wrong so far) Hickman is 1-1 with a loss to Waverly. Fairview 1-0 (way to early to tell on them) East taking on the chin by Perry and Loretto.

This one could be a toss up this year.......Hard to pick a favorite now. Figured page was the leader of this pack. Haven't seen a score on Marshall...but based on early scrimages...hard to tell on them.

Whats everyone else's thoughts...are you confused as I'am trying to figure this one out.....one thing...there are no state championships this year for this district.

Just to note a correction: Eagleville (Page) is a 1A school. MtP (SH) is 2A.

You are right it appears it may be a "weird year" in 12AA. :?

Your right.......I forgot about the "NEW" system. Didn't know Eagleville was a 1a...which shocks me more. Wouldn't even make a guess now how the district will play out. I know one of the stat crew is bird hunting, looks like the crow is on the menu. Seems like a team could win only 3 or 4 games in the district and win it all. I sure wouldn't have guessed it......, the other stat figured last year was the best teams, and that this year they wouldn't be as strong, but be competitive and go deep in playoffs..but it doesn't appear to be the case so far. Lewis doesn't seem to have improved like we all thought. Page .....a real shock, as well as Giles.

Maybe its early season and they all will get it together down the as the season goes on. Next weeks game should tell us alittle more about page and lewis. Springhill.....can't say right now......MTP might be for real. I figured Springhill would be down some after such a heavy senior team last year. Lets hope as the season goes they all improve!

You have any guesses now?

Great question. Its early and teams are still fitting the pieces of the puzzle that fit together. There are some really good coaching staffs in the district so it will work itself out in time.

As far as Giles, Lawrenceburg administered a old fashion butt whipping on them. No excuses. L'burg is for real. Giles needs consistency and balance. They can't get to the balance for the inconsistency. I think you will see the level of concentration ramp way up this week. They have the athletes. They just need to execute EVERY play.

A lot is at stake this week. Which team will get better this week? The one that does will emerge as the front runner. Who wants it more? With the 3rd game of the season coming up you are either settling in for the run or settling for status quo. Times up. Time to put up or shut up! :thumb:

Great question. Its early and teams are still fitting the pieces of the puzzle that fit together. There are some really good coaching staffs in the district so it will work itself out in time.

As far as Giles, Lawrenceburg administered a old fashion butt whipping on them. No excuses. L'burg is for real. Giles needs consistency and balance. They can't get to the balance for the inconsistency. I think you will see the level of concentration ramp way up this week. They have the athletes. They just need to execute EVERY play.

A lot is at stake this week. Which team will get better this week? The one that does will emerge as the front runner. Who wants it more? With the 3rd game of the season coming up you are either settling in for the run or settling for status quo. Times up. Time to put up or shut up! :thumb:

:thumb: I think the district overall is down this year; so flip a coin on who will end up the top 2 teams in the district and those 2 teams will probably will be the only 2 teams that make the playoffs. :thumb:

I figured Hickman County would be 2-0 at this point in time but they were nipped in the opener by Waverly Central in a game I am sure they are wishing that they could have back. Winning at Harpeth was a huge bounce back in terms of confidence especially with Marshall County next on the schedule. I expect the Bulldogs to be right on the playoff bubble as they were a season ago and hopefully for their sake that loss to Waverly Central won't be the "one game" that leaves them on the outside looking in.

10-0 is a stretch but I do believe 7-3 or possibly even 8-2 is something that they can accomplish. The passing game is very good and they are sound on defense and make you drive the length of the field without giving up big plays. In high school football turnovers are always a possibility and the more plays you make an opponent run the higher the chances of forcing a turnover. Fairview is an odd team to prepare for defensive wise because on offense they do some unconventional things however it seems to work well for their players and brings excitement to the field on Friday nights.

10-0 is a stretch but I do believe 7-3 or possibly even 8-2 is something that they can accomplish. The passing game is very good and they are sound on defense and make you drive the length of the field without giving up big plays. In high school football turnovers are always a possibility and the more plays you make an opponent run the higher the chances of forcing a turnover. Fairview is an odd team to prepare for defensive wise because on offense they do some unconventional things however it seems to work well for their players and brings excitement to the field on Friday nights.

agreed 10-0 is a stretch , 7-3 an 8-2 sounds good , do you think this could be the year that the Jackets make it past the second round of the playoffs????

Fairview is a good football team that will be in the playoffs once the season ends. I can pretty much guarantee everyone this.

Considering it is just week 2, and that Fairview does not even play anyone remotely good until the second half of their schedule I would say that it is a little early to be making predictions. They might be for real, but we won't truly know until after the midway point.