CLINTON 1-1 @ KARNS 0-2

92Dragon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "interim" head coach has been an assistant for some time and has also coached the freshman. He didn't go to high school at Karns but he's definitely a guy who cares, especially about the kids. My understanding is that the situation will be "reevaluated" after the season. Honestly, the talent pool is far from the greatest, a relatively small number of players and a number of relatively small players. Very limited experience at QB. It's a very tough situation. I hope I'm wrong but I think it will very hard to get many wins against a tough conference schedule. Plus there's a brand new principal and AD. The new principal seems to fashion herself as a big football person. She's already made a number of changes including accommodatng a few very vocal alums by bringing back one of the old school colors that hadn't been used for quite awhile. To me it's a matter of majoring on the minors. I'll be there again Friday night to show my support but overall I don't feel very positive about it. Another coach fired, another new administration with another new set of ideas, another new booster club leadership with another set of new ideas .................

What happened to us at Clinton was...we had a great coach in coach Gaylor. Everything was ok. Then Gaylor decides to step down as a head coach and he becomes an assistant at Maryville. Being an assistant worked out better for him because he wanted to spend a little more time with his family.

We hire coach Catlett and he was not a good fit for Clinton at all. Catlett is doing a good job as an assistant over at Webb, but i dont think he was ready to become a head coach. We had players quitting left and right and transferring to other schools and we got down to about 35-40 players.

Finally, we hire Shattuck. This is Shattuck's seventh season as our head coach, and up to this point, we had gotten better every year since he has been our hc. We lost around 23 seniors from last years team, so we are young and inexperienced in alot of places this year.

You are right Billy...you need some talented players also to be successfull. But if you guys can find a good coach to hire, and the administration support their decision and the Karns community get behind this new coach and support him, it may take 3-5 seasons, but i believe that Karns could at least have some winning seasons. We are in a tough district my friend and it isnt going to be easy.

Best of luck to you guys! And remember, everyone needs to be on the same page. Hire the best coach for the Karns program and EVERYONE back him up 100%, and slowly but surely, things should turn around.

Good luck and God Bless!

What happened to us at Clinton was...we had a great coach in coach Gaylor. Everything was ok. Then Gaylor decides to step down as a head coach and he becomes an assistant at Maryville. Being an assistant worked out better for him because he wanted to spend a little more time with his family.

We hire coach Catlett and he was not a good fit for Clinton at all. Catlett is doing a good job as an assistant over at Webb, but i dont think he was ready to become a head coach. We had players quitting left and right and transferring to other schools and we got down to about 35-40 players.

I agree Catlett was a bad fit, especially offensively, but he had already been a head coach at Carter, right? And I think he'd had a lot of success there.

The coaching at Clinton is simply awful. Did anyone notice the AC game last year? The AC coaching staff put a whipping on a more talented team than they. Oak Ridge hAS a great coach and with time they will be tough again. Its so bad in Clinton right now they had to hire little Larry Kerr to help coach a line that is big and very slow! A word to parents in Anderson co, let you kids go to AC they will enjoy playing the wide open offense and alot better coaching. Clinton will lose to OR,CENTRAL, POWELL, AC, HARDIN VALLEY CAN RUN THE FOOTBALL. They can beat Karns but they are awful in coaching also. Simply put the coaching looks like little league football and not Old time smash mouth Clinton football. Hopefully soon someone will see this and that the once proud Dragon program needs a football coach.

The coaching at Clinton is simply awful. Did anyone notice the AC game last year? The AC coaching staff put a whipping on a more talented team than they. Oak Ridge hAS a great coach and with time they will be tough again. Its so bad in Clinton right now they had to hire little Larry Kerr to help coach a line that is big and very slow! A word to parents in Anderson co, let you kids go to AC they will enjoy playing the wide open offense and alot better coaching. Clinton will lose to OR,CENTRAL, POWELL, AC, HARDIN VALLEY CAN RUN THE FOOTBALL. They can beat Karns but they are awful in coaching also. Simply put the coaching looks like little league football and not Old time smash mouth Clinton football. Hopefully soon someone will see this and that the once proud Dragon program needs a football coach.

I personally dont have a problem with our coaching staff. No matter who your head coach is, there are going to be fans that dont like that coach.

You are correct...we may lose to Central, OR, Powell, AC...but we are a very young team this year after losing 23 seniors off of last year's team. But we will show up to every game and give it 100%. This team has alot of HEART, so dont be surprised if Clinton beats one of those teams!

Edited by 92Dragon

Are you talking about when Clinton beat AC 35-21 or when Clinton lost in the playoffs by 3 points? Either game.....i dont remember any coaching staff "whipping" either one. <_< These two games were just classic good ole fashion rivalry games!

Dragon, IM talking both games. AC coach out smarted him by allowing clinton to show his hand in the regular season. Clinton never changed its playbook for the playoff game, AC took it at the Dragons in the playoffs with things Clinton wasnt prepared for. Why pull Cam in that playoff game? He would have had a record night! First half Clinton had AC on the ropes, but at half time something or someone changed the game plan for Clinton. Id say one mad Daddy because little boy wasnt playing! Oh well it is Clinton and parents have run the program since Gaylor left. No upsets for the Dragons this year, Again the Dragon tradition just isnt there. Enjoy the victory this week Karns is awful!

Are you talking about when Clinton beat AC 35-21 or when Clinton lost in the playoffs by 3 points? Either game.....i dont remember any coaching staff "whipping" either one. <_< These two games were just classic good ole fashion rivalry games!

So 92Dragon, you guys lost Stone and Hazelhurst (and a bunch of others). Who's the Qb? What grade is he? Did he get any meaningful minutes last year? Can he throw the deep ball anything like Stone? Who's running the ball? How many yds did he/they gain so far? Anybody with an exceptional amount of speed? Got a kicker who can make PATs regularly? Has he ever kicked a field goal? Thanks.

So 92Dragon, you guys lost Stone and Hazelhurst (and a bunch of others). Who's the Qb? What grade is he? Did he get any meaningful minutes last year? Can he throw the deep ball anything like Stone? Who's running the ball? How many yds did he/they gain so far? Anybody with an exceptional amount of speed? Got a kicker who can make PATs regularly? Has he ever kicked a field goal? Thanks.

Our qb is Alex Willard (soph). Ambrose was going to be the starting qb this season, but was injured in the Maryville scrimmage and is out for the season. I dont think anyone can throw the deep ball like Stone could...lol. Our running backs are Austin Powell, Camion Patrick, Dee Shannon, Jeffery Daniel (had a 91 yrd td run last week against DB) and Dylan Dotson (freshman).

All of our running backs have pretty good speed, but DB shut them down except for that 1 long run by Daniel.

I dont think we have attempted a field goal all season so far, but he has made 6/6 extra points.

We had around 400 yrds offense against Halls, but DB held us to around 140 and that is impressive taking into consideration we had that 91 yard run.