14A Basketball

SportsFan1011

To early to tell but you have to put Humboldt and Union City as 1A and 1B. Lake County and Peabody will battle for the 3rd spot. Don't sleep on Bradford. I'm being a homer of sorts here but Coach Glisson has got something going there. Flip a coin on Greenfield, Halls, and South Fulton as they will round out the bottom.

Lake County should have tried to get Coach Glisson. And your right about Bradford, a team that will challenge for the fourth spot. I think that Peabody will be the fourth team but anything can happen.

I don't have Trenton ahead of lake county for a couple reasons. Trenton had some bad losses during the season plus they haven't beat a Humboldt or Union City last year. They Beat a falcon team two times last year that had some issues with players getting into trouble. But when lake county was at full strength , they beat Trenton by 40 at trenton. Me and a Guy from union city made a comment that if Derek and Cody were there the whole year, lake county was the best team in single a. Just my opinion but Humboldt, union city, Lake-County, Trenton, and Bradford are my top five.

Even though Trenton hasn't beat a UC or Humboldt type team, LC has a new coach so I am going to wait and see before I make up my mind 100%. But I like the order of your top 5. My bookie has the odds very high of it happening. Seems to be a trend with 1st-4th year in year out.

I figured LC would have gone after Coach Glisson as well. He is one of the top coaches in the area in any classification boys or girls. Took Greenfield from a 2 win a year team to a sub state team in 4 years and is bringing Bradford back to what it was in the late 80s early 90s. They have some good young kids coming up through Jr High as well so they might be able to slip into the top few spots for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...

Lake County should have tried to get Coach Glisson. And your right about Bradford, a team that will challenge for the fourth spot. I think that Peabody will be the fourth team but anything can happen.

I don't have Trenton ahead of lake county for a couple reasons. Trenton had some bad losses during the season plus they haven't beat a Humboldt or Union City last year. They Beat a falcon team two times last year that had some issues with players getting into trouble. But when lake county was at full strength , they beat Trenton by 40 at trenton. Me and a Guy from union city made a comment that if Derek and Cody were there the whole year, lake county was the best team in single a. Just my opinion but Humboldt, union city, Lake-County, Trenton, and Bradford are my top five.

Perhaps if Derek and Cody were with the team all year. 007 you have a strong argument LC could have been the best 1A team in West TN. I just don't believe anyone from the West last year would have beaten Clarsville Academy! I don't think anyone from the West can do it this year either! We will just have to wait and see! :unsure: