Cumberland Co. (2-1) Cookeville (2-2)

blueangel51

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Game To both teams. Once again the Cavs got us, and the streak continues, but the boys fought hard. It would have been easy to give up down 23 that early in the third, but we fought back and for that I am proud. As for what we have to do to get better, our special teams are horrible. Every punt is an adventure. There has to be someone that can snap a punt, and our punter, though young really needs to be able to get some more distance on his punts. Kickoffs are going deep but we often give up big returns. If we hope to be a good team, our special teams has to improve.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the season to both teams. Jets, lets get this thing turned back around next week against York.

Good Game To both teams. Once again the Cavs got us, and the streak continues, but the boys fought hard. It would have been easy to give up down 23 that early in the third, but we fought back and for that I am proud. As for what we have to do to get better, our special teams are horrible. Every punt is an adventure. There has to be someone that can snap a punt, and our punter, though young really needs to be able to get some more distance on his punts. Kickoffs are going deep but we often give up big returns. If we hope to be a good team, our special teams has to improve.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the season to both teams. Jets, lets get this thing turned back around next week against York.

I agree it was a great game. The Jets are clearly an improved team and your QB is a tough and shifty runner. The field position that special teams gave up certainly was a big part of the game. As a CCHS graduate from way back that has lived in Cookeville for many years now, it's good to see the Jets turning things around. Good luck the rest of the season.

We actually won the second half. If our coaching staff would not start the game out trying not to lose, we might have had a chance tonight. When our play calling has some balance, we play much better on offense. I think we threw one pass in the first half. I might have missed one or two but I don't think so. We mixed it up in our two wins and in the two losses, we seemed afraid to pass the ball until we had to do so. I do like our chances in the rest of our schedule. By the way, the original long snapper had one high snap against Marion Co. and was replaced immediately. Many times we would be better off going for it on fourth than punting. Last week, we had a punt under five yards net and it wasn't a big return. Not trying to complain, just disappointed because I really thought we had a great chance tonight. Still a drastic improvement in comparison to the previous few years.

I hope the administration sees what the fans do and continues to support this team. A quality special teams coach and another assistant or two could really help this team turn the corner in the next few years.

I hope the boys continue to play with the same intensity and if they do, I see no reason why we can't finish second in this district. Lets get it back on track this week and get some revenge against York.

Go Jets

Edited by blueangel51

I hope the administration sees what the fans do and continues to support this team. A quality special teams coach and another assistant or two could really help this team turn the corner in the next few years.

I hope the boys continue to play with the same intensity and if they do, I see no reason why we can't finish second in this district. Lets get it back on track this week and get some revenge against York.

Go Jets

I agree with you. I have noticed more fans in the stands these past two seasons. It's good to see it.

Like you said, second place is a very realistic and achievable goal. Good luck to the Jets and keep those motors running boys!