Big Games in Memphis

kwc

On the long pass plays we were calling at the end of the game, we were tryin to go for the jugular... We wanted one more score. Could we have ran some other plays, maybe, but we were not about to sit on the ball... Running out of bounds was plain crazy on that player's part. We will go over situations with the boys so THEY know what to do with a lead and 5 min left in a ball game... We will be successful whether you or anyone else thinks we won't be because we have some special talent over at Da Haven this year... Come December when the smoke clears I'll remember your post! :thumb:

RESPECT DA HAVEN

What's the difference with a 6 point win or a 14 point win?...NOTHING!!! The name of the game is GET The W!!

Don't put yourselves in a position to possibly lose when it's not necessary. This kind of thinking will carry you a long way with your talent. I'm glad you said you'd remember this post. If you forget it, December will simply be a dream that disappeared.

What's the difference with a 6 point win or a 14 point win?...NOTHING!!! The name of the game is GET The W!!

Don't put yourselves in a position to possibly lose when it's not necessary. This kind of thinking will carry you a long way with your talent. I'm glad you said you'd remember this post. If you forget it, December will simply be a dream that disappeared.

I'll tell you like this, my personal philosophy on offensive football is, "Kill an ant with a SLEDGEHAMMER!!! That's the difference I see in a 6 point victory and a 14 point victory!!! However, I am not the play caller but I think I know what the play caller was attempting to do! We won the game, correct??? I appreciate the advice though, but I'm just letting you know if we can put one more TD on the board I am all for it because if it were the other way around teams would do it to us!!! 8-)

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Ridgeway (4-0) @ Melrose (2-2) Ridgeway 28 - 14

CBHS (4-1) @ Millington (4-1) Millington 21 - 14

East (3-2) @ MUS (3-2) MUS 28 - 7

Westwood (2-3) @ Arlington (4-1)

Westwood has talent. I just hope the Tigers can pull it out.

Cordova (1-3) @ Collierville (2-2) Collierville 14 - 13 in OT.

Tough game to call. I really think Collierville has talent and are well coached. I haven't seen Cordova yet, but I know they are always talented and coached well. The thing that throws me is the Dragons loss to Ridgeway (who I haven't seen but I know are very talented). I just wonder if Collierville had some injuries or players out. Not to take anything away from Ridgeway though, I know they are the real deal. Collierville is at home however.

Edited by onefortheteam

I'll tell you like this, my personal philosophy on offensive football is, "Kill an ant with a SLEDGEHAMMER!!! That's the difference I see in a 6 point victory and a 14 point victory!!! However, I am not the play caller but I think I know what the play caller was attempting to do! We won the game, correct??? I appreciate the advice though, but I'm just letting you know if we can put one more TD on the board I am all for it because if it were the other way around teams would do it to us!!! 8-)

RESPECT DA HAVEN

What would your feeling have been if your"going for the juglar" turned into a long interception returned for a td and you lost? I'll tell you...You would be the one hollering the loudest from the stands about the stupidity of the coach..."All they had to do was run the ball, they had no to's and couldn't stop the clock, they couldn't stop the run, all we needed to do was run out the clock and go home with a win!'NO,we're throwing the ball...stupid coach!(And you'd be right!)

What would your feeling have been if your"going for the juglar" turned into a long interception returned for a td and you lost? I'll tell you...You would be the one hollering the loudest from the stands about the stupidity of the coach..."All they had to do was run the ball, they had no to's and couldn't stop the clock, they couldn't stop the run, all we needed to do was run out the clock and go home with a win!'NO,we're throwing the ball...stupid coach!(And you'd be right!)

I would not be sayin what u think I would be saying... Again I say kill an ANT with a SLEDGEHAMMER If a pick would of occurred who knows but I can tell u that it didn't happen and I would throw the ball also in that situation... Just a different type of pass.

My picks are as follows:

Ridgeway beats Melrose ... 17 - 14

CBHS bounces back and beats Millington 24 - 14

MUS outplays East and wins ... 38 - 28

Arlington underestimates Westwood and barely wins ... 42 - 35

Cordova wins this District 15 showdown ... 21 - 14

That's it for me. Your turn!

Arlington actually beat Westwood 28-27. Talk about playing it close! Ridgeway DOMINATED. I know I didn't list the Kingsbury/Germantown game as a big game, but I have to admit ... I was shocked to see that Kingsbury won 20-14. WOW!

Arlington actually beat Westwood 28-27. Talk about playing it close! Ridgeway DOMINATED. I know I didn't list the Kingsbury/Germantown game as a big game, but I have to admit ... I was shocked to see that Kingsbury won 20-14. WOW!

Yes, that Kingsbury win over G'town is an eye opener. Maybe the Falcons's(?) tough schedule is starting to reap some rewards. To their great credit, they will play anybody. I hope the new playoff criteria doesn't screw that up.

kwc, on 24 September 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

============================================

So I decide to go to the Millington/CBHS game (great game). I get 1 update at the half of the Arlington game 21-13. I am worried, because like I said westwood has talent. The millington game is over so fast, that I have time to drive back to Arlington, get gas, find a parking place, walk in, and sit down with about 4-5 left in the 4th 28-27 Westwood has the ball. On 3rd they complete a pass for a first to the Arl 30 and fumble.

Arl takes over and get one 1st down then a holding call(debateable), then a sack, no debate :), then a throw away... punt. 1:40 left 2 TOs for Westwood from their 30(game on). Move it to the 50, sack, TO, incompletion, scramble, completion 1st down, TO (last), :13, scramble for 3-4 yd, clock ran out.

Westwoods QB is big agile and strong with a good arm. They also have several talented skilled players, and some size on the line. They are better than they're record, or at least they were last night. Arlington is feeling pretty lucky this morning.

Edited by onefortheteam

kwc, on 24 September 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

============================================

So I decide to go to the Millington/CBHS game (great game). I get 1 update at the half of the Arlington game 21-13. I am worried, because like I said westwood has talent. The millington game is over so fast, that I have time to drive back to Arlington, get gas, find a parking place, walk in, and sit down with about 4-5 left in the 4th 28-27 Westwood has the ball. On 3rd they complete a pass for a first to the Arl 30 and fumble.

Arl takes over and get one 1st down then a holding call(debateable), then a sack, no debate :), then a throw away... punt. 1:40 left 2 TOs for Westwood from their 30(game on). Move it to the 50, sack, TO, incompletion, scramble, completion 1st down, TO (last), :13, scramble for 3-4 yd, clock ran out.

Westwoods QB is big agile and strong with a good arm. They also have several talented skilled players, and some size on the line. They are better than they're record, or at least they were last night. Arlington is feeling pretty lucky this morning.

Westwood has to be thinking to themselves ... "How on earthe did we lose?" Have you looked at the stats from that game? Well, from the Commercial Appeal:

........................................ W ..... A

First Downs ................... 24 ..... 9

Net Yards Rushing ........ 265 .. (-52)

Net Yards Passing ........ 175 ... 234

Total Yards ................... 440 ... 182

Now I ask you ... if you were Westwood ... wouldn't you be asking yourself ... "How on earth did we lose?"

Westwood has to be thinking to themselves ... "How on earthe did we lose?" Have you looked at the stats from that game? Well, from the Commercial Appeal:

........................................ W ..... A

First Downs ................... 24 ..... 9

Net Yards Rushing ........ 265 .. (-52)

Net Yards Passing ........ 175 ... 234

Total Yards ................... 440 ... 182

Now I ask you ... if you were Westwood ... wouldn't you be asking yourself ... "How on earth did we lose?"

Yes, I would. I'm sure they know they let one slip away. Since I was at the MILL/CBHS game, I did not see most of the game, so when I commented, it was based on what I saw. I saw the stats late yesterday, and talked to a few other fans who saw the game. The rushing stat is the most glaring, this is from big loss sacks. I witnessed 1 for at least 15, maybe 20yd. But like I said Westwood has talent, and even though I only saw 5-6 minutes of the game, several Westwood players stuck out immediately.Westwood lost to (#9)Hardin Co. 27-20 2 weeks ago. This is the team that eliminated Ridgeway from the playoffs last year. Arlington was lucky to get the win, as I said earlier.

Like many other teams, Arl has several new/young starters and it takes sometime to adjust/learn. Make know mistake though, the Tigers have talent as well, which is also how you give yourself a chance to win with stats like that.

Edited by onefortheteam