What's wrong with Halls?

btgoG

You can close this one down - aint nobody around gives a rats putoot about the devils no more...least until they get some new blood. Crazy to mention the real Teddy Williams and Burnette as coaches. They have jobs and cant be there to do all the work coaches normally do and they wont spend extra hours do stuff needed to do. How many community park coaches lost there jobs cause they lost on Saturday morning? Not a dang one of'em. They couldnt handle the heat so all you wannabee fans and coaches can gorget about it! Just meet and complain!

Devilsden, I usually agree with you on most everything - but I have to disagree with you Devilsden. There are plenty that still care what goes on with the devils. Its in the roots. Now yours may have moved on but I for one still like to hang for the home team. The real Teddy Williams would move mountains to be there for those boys just as he has for 20+ years. There are coaches on the team that have "jobs" outside the high school and they are still there. Whether or not a community part coach gets booted because of losses is irrelevant, this is high school and they are hired to do a job which is different than community park. It would be the same story as it always has been - meet and complain or talk and you just get the words they think you want to hear and never change anything. I for one am still pulling for those boys on the field and wish them the best of luck tomorrow night against Karns.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hurt for the boys after this game tonight. Coffman can throw the ball but nobody can catch it. Long was all over the field on both sides of the ball he'll be hurting tomorrow. Brown looked good running the ball. It will click keep working Big Red.

I really hurt for the boys after this game tonight. Coffman can throw the ball but nobody can catch it. Long was all over the field on both sides of the ball he'll be hurting tomorrow. Brown looked good running the ball. It will click keep working Big Red.

What a tough loss for Halls. HVA will provide a very stiff test next week. They really frustrated Powell tonight.

pxtra2010,

Do you really think Teddy Williams, as good as he is at the under 12 level, can help coach at HHS and be a productive coach with all they have to do? And the same goes for Tom Burnette? If thats the case hire them to be the head coach at HHS.

I feel for the Red Devils! Nobody wants to see their years go out this way especially the seniors! As for starting to talk about some of the coaches in your area like this, I feel it needs to stop. I don't have a dog in the fight when it comes to talking about Halls, BUT I am GOOD Friends with Teddy Williams! Any body that puts the time & effort he does in a youth football program WITHOUT having a tie to the team, like a son or family member, should be THANKED and not picked at like above. I think Teddy would do a good job coaching HS, BUT he has a job. Coaching is something he does as a way to connect to the kids & future of HALLS. When the youth program almost ran him out a few years back, he STAYED LOYAL to Halls and came back when they came to their senses! He is a rare find for ANY youth program!!! How many of you would love to have a coach for any sport that is not tied to anyone on the team? This is what most parents hope for so there would be no favoritism! Please leave these coaches out of your discussions. I know Teddy is GOOD Friends with Coach Julian also.

I just want to say the boys played their hearts out last night, they laid it all out on the field. Brown and Long gave it their all along with the offensive line. They have really stepped up for this team. But, it seems as though once they hit the 40 yard line the team stalls. Is this a coaching issue, a conditioning issue,what needs to be done to fix this problem. Halls can not win ballgames if they can not make it to the endzone. We have only scored 54 points in 7 games 21 of them coming from defense or special teams. Have the coaches given up on this team are we just hoping to build for next year? How do we continue to motivate these kids with 3 games left? And how do you keep kids in our community from going to other schools?

I am not going to beat this horse until death but I do have a question. Whose to blame for this fall? Is it, 1. Coaches loosing faith, 2. Players loosing faith, 3. Parents/Community loosing faith, 4. None of the above, 5. All of the above

I watch UT football and follow it regularly. The fall from grace is just as bad at UT as it is at HHS. I just can't believe what I'm seeing/hearing is true.

I loved the Hook and Ladder call! Maybe Halls needs to do stuff like that before the end of the game. Just let the kids go out and have fun if thats possible at this point.

Absolutely. It couldn't hurt. It just might raise the spirits early on.

Taped the game on CSS and watched it again. I still see great improvement from the start of the year. I'm now saying we will close strong. Harden valley will be our toughest game but I'll calling for a upset as both offensive and defensive lines will be the difference.

I enjoyed some of the plays on offense this week. Brown & Coffman being interchanged at times has my mouth watering again. Keep working hard and good things will ultimately happen. Experience will be a good teacher.

Edited by ZCAR