What's wrong with Halls?

btgoG

Haha... no :D

I'm just saying that the wing-t is an offense that can work in high school but if you want to run it, you better know what you're doing and commit to the entire philosophy of how it works. There's nothing worse or more ineffective than watching a team run bits and pieces of it... now that will for sure be a disaster and really ugly.

Webb runs the wing-t better than any team i have ever seen!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb runs the wing-t better than any team i have ever seen!

It's very easy when you have the personel to run it. Webb have the athletes to draw from Halls being a community School does not.

I'm surprised we have had only three wining years in 11.

Edited by ZCAR

It's very easy when you have the personel to run it.

Completely agree, you really need 3 RBs who are quick. The quickness is key... now if they're fast that's even better once they get to the second level of the defense. The past several years Webb has had 2 and sometimes 3 RBs who were quick and fast so it's really been to their advantage. With only one RB that is quick you'll not be effective running the wing-t. Right now, defenses have a real tough time deciding how to defend Webb's offense since they have 3 RBs who can take it the distance.

Also, o-line personnel is a big factor for Webb's success. As you know Webb's o-line is not traditionally huge by any means. This year is a little different in that they have 2 book-end tackles that are both around 6'5" and 290. Their center is around 225 and their guards under 200. They key here is that the guards and center are very athletic and quick and are able to pull easily as well as use their quickness to establish proper technique and angles to gain the advantage of much larger d-lines.

I dont blame you devilsden. I was looking at Halls record since 2000, and they only have 3 winning seasons. I think its time for a change.

I had no idea that was the record over the past 10-11 years. It just didn't sound right.

The Lost Decade.

2000 5-7

2001 7-4

2002 4-6

2003 4-6

2004 5-6

2005 7-4

2006 5-5

2007 8-4

2008 4-6

2009 4-6

2010 0-6

I am new to the area and don't know much about the situation at the high school. But the wing T as an offense is a proven winner. I know a little about football in Georgia since Valdosta was mentioned and here is a little fyi-

AAAAAA state champs 2003, 2008,2009 Camden County High School (wing T)

AAAAAA state champs 2004, 2005, 2007 Lowdnes County High School (wing T and Valdosta's biggest rival)

AAAAA state champs 2004, 2006, 2007 Warner Robins High School (wing T)

six A football in Georgia is the largest school classification. Since 2003, a wing t team in the state of Georgia has won the title in the two largest classifications.

You can blame execution, play calling, coaches knowledge, player commitment, etc. Just don't blame the system. The offensive system is sound and can produce for a high school team.

In 2006, a USA today poll found that 17% of all the high school championships awarded in football were won by teams describing themselves as Wing T teams.

Is the wing T good for your community? Maybe not. Is the wing T solid football, yes.

Edited by Piatt

I am new to the area and don't know much about the situation at the high school. But the wing T as an offense is a proven winner. I know a little about football in Georgia since Valdosta was mentioned and here is a little fyi-

AAAAAA state champs 2003, 2008,2009 Camden County High School (wing T)

AAAAAA state champs 2004, 2005, 2007 Lowdnes County High School (wing T and Valdosta's biggest rival)

AAAAA state champs 2004, 2006, 2007 Warner Robins High School (wing T)

six A football in Georgia is the largest school classification. Since 2003, a wing t team in the state of Georgia has won the title in the two largest classifications.

You can blame execution, play calling, coaches knowledge, player commitment, etc. Just don't blame the system. The offensive system is sound and can produce for a high school team.

In 2006, a USA today poll found that 17% of all the high school championships awarded in football were won by teams describing themselves as Wing T teams.

Is the wing T good for your community? Maybe not. Is the wing T solid football, yes.

Exactly... I've made my points about the wing-t way back in this thread. It is very good offense at the high school level. Thanks Piatt for offering a supporting opinion with facts.

The reason I believe it has not worked at Halls is because it's not called, taught and executed correctly. As far as personnel goes, Halls has had adequate personnel over the past 2-3 years for running the wing-t. Did they use that personnel in the right way? I'm not real sure about that because you had a receiver the past two years before this one that was a very good candidate for a WB position in the wing-t. He was successful at WR but if your committed to the wing-t then he should have been playing WB. Personnel is not the reason why the wing-t wouldn't work at Halls the past 2 seasons. Now this season I would agree, personnel is an issue at RB with injuries and graduation.

Dang, I never thought all of those teams from Ga. won the state running the wingt. I think Webb has won the state 4x and been runnerup 2x. I dont know if that is right but its close.

Why dont KJ take his staff to some of those places in Ga and visit with them and find out exactly how they do it? Dont they still have coaches clinics and do our coaches ever go to them to learn new things?