What's wrong with Halls?

btgoG

This is a message board to be able to post opinions just as you have done your self. I am a true fan to the REd Devils myself and have been for Many, Many, Many years and I hate seeing them going through what they have gone through. I am first for the young men on the field and commend them for working hard to try to get a win. Its hard to sit back and watch these kids go through a losing season. You commented on out "situation at Halls" so I guess you are not a true Red Devils fan, but we have seen the losing seasons go down when they should have been coming up. I don't think TW (HHS) is the man for the OC job, never have. THAT IS MY OPINION! I am allowed to have that opinion and post if need be. Just as you have posted your opinions yourself and your opinion to my comment. As far as your name telling who you are, all i see is Solo-mon 2.

If you looked at my screen shot, I am from Seymour, but my son graduated from Sevier Co last year, Solomon is my last name. No, I am far from a Red Devil, Eagle growing up then Smoky Bear now, but I have known Teddy for quite a few years now and consider him as one of my Best Friends!

As for everyone's opinion, as I stated before when they are made public & drag names into them, especially when they are not involved, it causes problems and hurts people's feelings. Teddy did not asked to be dragged into this discussion. When people blast the coaches on here, kids are reading these (I know quite a few players that have & have had signons here) and they start blasting...it all snowballs into a big mess. It also lets everyone OUTSIDE of HALLS see that there are a lot more problems going on at Halls other than coaching. I was sticking up for Teddy is the only reason I have posted here. I'll leave you & all the TRUE Red Devils alone. Not wanting to get any deeping in this mess!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very proud of our players coming out week after week playing theirs hearts out. I look forward to the day things turn around and hope Kevin Julian is a part of that turn-around. I like him and I am friends with him. I won't ever hide that fact.

I agree with several previous posters who seem at odds with one another. Here's what I mean by that...

I agree that there are some things you just don't discuss and when it comes to individuals, if you don't have something decent to say about them, or wouldn't be willing to tell them face to face, just don't say it. Any true fan knows there are some things you talk about openly and some things you don't. Fans who care should use moderation in their posting and NOT call people out. The problem will surface in the discussion anyway, without dragging people through the mud.

Perhaps in some contrast to the previous point, I feel this message board gives those who actually give a darn the opportunity to have an opinion to express themselves where they might not otherwise be heard. It's not as if nobody can figure out Halls has problems right now. To ignore them would be an even greater diservice to the program, coaches, and players. Obviously the danger in that is that it allows trolls to come on and run the program and people down.

Any organization should be subject to critique and I would think those in charge would expect that (and perhaps even welcome that) with the team being winless after 7 games.

Edited by btgoG

Back on topic...

I think we need a win.

Almost got one last Friday night for Homecoming.

It will be interesting to see if ANYTHING changes over the Winter or if it will be more of the "same ol' same 'ol"...

I agree with whomever said there is a difference between coaching Midget football and the High School game. Yes, there are similarities as well, but just because someone is a good Midget coach, doesn't mean he will make a good HS Coach, and visa versa. Nor does it mean they won't.

The higher up, in level of play, the more things there are to consider in regard to the game itself. You also have personality and emotional issues that become more complex as young men get older.

Despite all of the above, IMO the HS Coach should be involved in the local community youth program, one way or the other. If nothing more than ensuring the offensive and defensive styles of play support the players progression into MS and HS.

I'm still a proponent of switiching to a "Pro-Style" offense; more specifically the "Run and Shoot" as I think it would fit the type players we routinely get at Halls and still have a run component to it that will keep fans of the "Wing-T" happy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_and_shoot_offense

Edited by btgoG

• 2 weeks later...

They will come good this weekend I have faith.

Let's do it for the Seniors. I can see a close one but this time Halls will have it.

I'm like you ZCAR - still rootin for these boys. I sure hope they get their first win tomorrow night. Any news on if Long will be back to play??? Heard that boy has had another injury on top of the one he had. Sure hope he heals up fast, sure do need him. Anyway, GOOD LUCK DEVILS!

I'm like you ZCAR - still rootin for these boys. I sure hope they get their first win tomorrow night. Any news on if Long will be back to play??? Heard that boy has had another injury on top of the one he had. Sure hope he heals up fast, sure do need him. Anyway, GOOD LUCK DEVILS!

He has been playing while carrying injuries for some time. The Karns game about did him in. I'm not sure about tonight it may be a gametime deceison but I somehow doubt it. We will miss him he he doesn't get to play but I have this warm fuzzy feeling Coffman, Brown, Delaney & co. will see this one through.

Go get them boyz. :thumb: