Farragut Offense

Former44

That was the worst OR team they have ever had (sorry to OR fans) they had no not one play maker on the team and they really should have won and yes they put 8 in the box. Last year OWL's game was with out there big man #36 so Farragut should have won with what they had. You will see this Friday night with Riverdale then Maryville wait and see. Nice to see you break everything down all nice on paper it looks good for that on paper the field it is a little different former44.

It's obvious you miss the point entirely. Judging by the grammar, spelling, and content of your posts, that is certainly understandable.

Furthermore, you contradict yourself in your own posts:

In one post you write, "You have to throw the ball in this offense to help setup the run. What teams have been doing is putting 8 to 9 in the box to stop the run so you are going to have to throw the ball..." Yet in another post you essentially admit that Farragut was able to successfully move the ball, in the Wild Admiral, against 8 in the box without the pass by writing, "(Oak Ridge) really should have won and yes they put 8 in the box." So which is it, do you even know?

Using your logic, it is a wonder any team was able to get a first down against the 44 or 53 defense. Those defenses had "8 in the box" on every down! Guess what? Wishbone, veer, pro I, single-wing, etc. teams ran the ball up and down the field on those defenses. It's about execution, personnel, and proper deployment of those personnel, not necessarily the defensive alignment.

Incidentally, West spent a great deal of time in a cover 2 look with 2 intermediate/deep safeties. In that alignment, even with Farragut using only 2 wideouts, they couldn't get 8 in the box on a bet (unless they had left one wr completely uncovered), but I digress.

The point of my post, see if you can stay with me here, is that Farragut could better deploy their personnel. This is not going to be a dominant 4-wide passing team with the present personnel. No matter how much Sweetland may want that to happen, it won't. At the same time, with proper deployment of players, this team could have a particularly strong power run game. In turn, that would open up the play-action pass and make Rule even more effective as a passer.

I would also like to see Farragut incorporate the Speed Option and a few bootlegs to challenge the perimeter gaps.

I never said Farragut needed to adopt the two back set on every down, but I do believe it would make better use of the current group of players. It should be a staple. It would provide more diversity in the run game without compromising execution. It would also be an asset in short yardage situations.

As I mentioned in another post, Farragut has done this before. Personally, I always thought Sterling and Purty were more effective with a lead blocker.

This offense has the potential for more big plays in the run game.

Edited by Former44

King no doubt has the best arm on the team, throws a really pretty ball, but he can't run the ball. In order for this offense to run as intended the QB needs to be able to run the ball, a la Tebow. Farragut did well with Browning for a couple of years only because he was so good at throwing. From what little I've seen of the freshman QB, he may have both qualities.

[/quote

have seen both the fresh and soph, I really like the soph and think he can come along in the next couple years and do a good job..

A field you undoubtedly never stepped foot on, but then maybe you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Man you are the next John Madden. Watch this game from field level but keep putting you great paperwork together and we will see this Friday with Riverdale and then after that Maryville with Bearden. O and yes you can put 6 or 8 in the box with 2 deep safety in there if you would put down your cranyons long enough and look at it you will see. Why would a kid that is 5'6 have 12 catches in the OR game. Farragut is not ever good at throwing the ball and when you QB is the leading rusher on the team. Came on you should know this with your great break downs of this offense.

Edited by allvolfan1

Man you are the next John Madden. Watch this game from field level but keep putting you great paperwork together and we will see this Friday with Riverdale and then after that Maryville with Bearden. O and yes you can put 6 or 8 in the box with 2 deep safety in there if you would put down your cranyons long enough and look at it you will see. Why would a kid that is 5'6 have 12 catches in the OR game. Farragut is not ever good at throwing the ball and when you QB is the leading rusher on the team. Came on you should know this with your great break downs of this offense.

Just got on here to read about the Riverdale Farragut game more about Riverdale and saw this on here about Farragut Offense you two are a joke. Either your want to be coaches or I really don't know.

I want to see Farragut succeed. I try to initiate constructive dialogue with other posters, while also suggesting alternatives I believe will help Farragut succeed.

You allvolfan, on the other hand, whine, bellyache, and seldom post anything but insignificant anti-Farragut negativity. One poster, who frequently offers insightful and substantial commentary, even questioned you multiple times on another thread as to which team held your allegiance.

As much as it pains me to write, I don’t believe Farragut will be successful against the upper tier teams with this current offensive philosophy. That is the point of my original post in the thread! Apparently, that concept is just way over your head. You evidently can’t even handle basic arithmetic. (11 defenders - 2 corners on “spread†wideouts - 2 intermediate/deep safeties = 7 in the box)

So, whine on little man. I am done with you.

Edited by Former44

I want to see Farragut succeed. I try to initiate constructive dialogue with other posters, while also suggesting alternatives I believe will help Farragut succeed.

You allvolfan, on the other hand, whine, bellyache, and seldom post anything but insignificant anti-Farragut negativity. One poster, who frequently offers insightful and substantial commentary, even questioned you multiple times on another thread as to which team held your allegiance.

As much as it pains me to write, I don’t believe Farragut will be successful against the upper tier teams with this current offensive philosophy. That is the point of my original post in the thread! Apparently, that concept is just way over your head. You evidently can’t even handle basic arithmetic. (11 defenders - 2 corners on “spread†wideouts - 2 intermediate/deep safeties = 7 in the box)

So, whine on little man. I am done with you.

You Farragut people kill me with all your break downs of the games and how the coaches should use players and next you probably and after the next few games want be on here anymore. Sounds like you are the whiner I just tell it like it is and don't hind thing. O which team I already gave that out if you would put down your cranyons and read you would see FARRAGUT if I put it in big letters does that help you read better.

Edited by allvolfan1

Maybe this thread should have been talking about Farragut's defense....or lack there of.

Giving up 500+ rushing yards, in one game? Mr. Young is salivating .........

Farrguts defense can thank the referee's Riverdale 13 for 106 Farragut 5 for 30 penalties and yards. There were a few questionable calls there and the fumble before #4 got into the endzone on one of his TD's.

O sports19 some of the Riverdale fans wanted to know if you got your TUMS yet after eating the food at the game after Riverdale won.

Edited by allvolfan1

Farrguts defense can thank the referee's Riverdale 13 for 106 Farragut 5 for 30 penalties and yards. There were a few questionable calls there and the fumble before #4 got into the endzone on one of his TD's.

O sports19 some of the Riverdale fans wanted to know if you got your TUMS yet after eating the food at the game after Riverdale won.

I have a bad case of heartburn....and not from the food.

Maybe this thread should have been talking about Farragut's defense....or lack there of.

Giving up 500+ rushing yards, in one game? Mr. Young is salivating .........

The offense was productive. I really enjoyed seeing the speed option. Rule used a great ball fake on one to convert a big third down. At the same time, I have to respect how Riverdale executes offensively. They disprove all this bunk one hears about "you have to be balanced and you can't run against 8 in the box".

I agree with regards to the defense. However, I have to wonder if all of the 2 TE sets on offense didn't contibute, at least a small portion, to wearing down the defense. Harper was on the field WAY TOO MANY snaps(offense,defense,special teams). He was visibly GASSED. As important as he is to stopping the run, that can't help the defense.

I still think a second back is a viable solution, but I have almost given up hope the coaches will use one. If you're going to use a second TE, which will drag a defender inside anyway, why not occasionally consider a back instead? They could still go unbalanced with one TE. Furthermore, the back would be able to build a head of steam from the backfield, and you could rest a key defender.

Edited by Former44

It was kind of odd to see Farragut run so much of the 2 TE set, especially since both TE's also play LB, and felt Harper and Brown did wear down a little as the game progressed this week. I would imagine chasing #5 for Riverdale had something to do with it as well.

I would be curious if they might consider moving Rule to RB next year to utilize his legs and King's arm at the same time. King is not much of a runner but if you want to put the best on the field at once this may be the best answer. Having Rule and Johnson both along side King would make the defense stay honest at least. Former44, what do you think?