occhs football

ocucsf

Offense was very good with a 2000 yard passer and a 1000 yard rusher. Defense was very inconsistent. We were a legitimate 7-3 team in my opinion, just couldn't close out a couple of games. Hopefully, with what we have coming back, those close losses will turn into wins next year. Already ready for it to begin!

You look back at the season and the Crockett County game, the Covington game and the Westview game stand out....Had the CC game won when we thought Fair had taken it in from about 45 late in the game...The TD got called back by holding and then ended up fumbling the ball in our own territory...That was another theme on the season..Our turnovers were in awful places...It's tough enough when your defense isn't all that great but to give teams the ball in our territory as many times as we did, it's almost an impossible thing to deal with....Sikeston is about to go 12-0 tonight and we played them as close as anybody has this season...The Covington game we turn the ball over on the Covington 3 yard line and end the game on their 6...In the Westview game the Chargers start four scoring drives in our territory...3 point game with 39 seconds left...Then the Ripley game they score 4 times on drives that started inside Rebel territory...

Then when the pairings for the playoffs are being talked about it looked like we might go to Montgomery Central or Greenbrier...Then it looked like we might play Crockett County...Then when it all came down we end up playing the team we just beat the Thursday before and in a completely different quad...

It's all a deal of ifs and buts and candy and nuts but the real good teams make their own breaks and close games out..If the Rebs can continue to build off these last two seasons then good things will begin to happen...Got to have stability in the program...

• 4 weeks later...

someone was wanting to know about the Rebels football schedule for the fall of 2011.. Here it is..

OCCHS REBELS 2011 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE.

WEEK 0 = SATURDAY AUGUST 20TH = UNION CITY = HOME

WEEK 1 = FRIDAY AUGUST 26TH = RIPLEY = AWAY

WEEK 2 = FRIDAY SEPT. 2ND = WESTVIEW = AWAY

WEEK 3 = FRIDAY SEPT. 9TH = Crockett Co. = HOME

WEEK 4 = FRIDAY SEPT. 16TH = Gibson Co. = Away

WEEK 5 = FRIDAY SEPT. 23RD = Montgomery Central = Away

WEEK 6 = FRIDAY SEPT. 30TH = South Gibson Co. = HOME

WEEK 7 = FRIDAY OCT. 7TH = OPEN DATE

WEEK 8 = FRIDAY OCT. 14TH = COVINGTON = HOME

WEEK 9 = FRIDAY OCT. 21ST = HAYWOOD = AWAY

WEEK 10 = THURSDAY OCT.28TH = DYERSBURG = HOME

someone was wanting to know about the Rebels football schedule for the fall of 2011.. Here it is..

OCCHS REBELS 2011 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE.

WEEK 0 = SATURDAY AUGUST 20TH = UNION CITY = HOME

WEEK 1 = FRIDAY AUGUST 26TH = RIPLEY = AWAY

WEEK 2 = FRIDAY SEPT. 2ND = WESTVIEW = AWAY

WEEK 3 = FRIDAY SEPT. 9TH = Crockett Co. = HOME

WEEK 4 = FRIDAY SEPT. 16TH = Gibson Co. = Away

WEEK 5 = FRIDAY SEPT. 23RD = Montgomery Central = Away

WEEK 6 = FRIDAY SEPT. 30TH = South Gibson Co. = HOME

WEEK 7 = FRIDAY OCT. 7TH = OPEN DATE

WEEK 8 = FRIDAY OCT. 14TH = COVINGTON = HOME

WEEK 9 = FRIDAY OCT. 21ST = HAYWOOD = AWAY

WEEK 10 = THURSDAY OCT.28TH = DYERSBURG = HOME

Looks good...4 tough teams to open up with..Will be interested to see how this new South Gibson County team will do...

Just tired of being asked that question, thought I would throw that out there. As with every coaching staff at seasons end there always rumors flying And questions being asked. And yes it was a very nice banquet as usaul, coach Jackson always does a Good job. And I thought Mr. Carr did a nice job as well. The entire coaching staff has done and will continue to do an excellent job. And P&G I know your son will Be graduating, but hopefully you can make a couple games next year and continue your support!

Just tired of being asked that question, thought I would throw that out there. As with every coaching staff at seasons end there always rumors flying And questions being asked. And yes it was a very nice banquet as usaul, coach Jackson always does a Good job. And I thought Mr. Carr did a nice job as well. The entire coaching staff has done and will continue to do an excellent job. And P&G I know your son will Be graduating, but hopefully you can make a couple games next year and continue your support!

I don't know how many of anybody's games I'll get to next season...I'm transferring into UC from Mayfield but it's second shift...

Jackson is an easy guy to pull for...He is passionate about the program and he has done some awful good things at OC