Check out Morgancountynews.net

hooters

Very classless decision made by the wartburg staff. I would have understood if wartburg had put their starting defense in and left it at that, but the starting offense throwing the ball was bs. It was 49-14, 5 min left and a running clock. It was pretty obvious that oakdale wasn't gonna score 5 tds in the whole game, much less in a 5 min span. And just so everyone understands, wartburgs final td was in the 4th qtr on a pass from rusty Phillips(starting qb) to Adam spence(prob the best receiver in the district). It was not on a screen pass. They threw a screen pass that was a big gain that set up the td pass. Even if oakdale intentionally kicked onside and thought they were still in the game, was that final score with fresh starters in the game necessary? Not really

The clock had stoped running when Oakdale scored Wartburg scored again then the clocked started running again looks to me that Wartburg don all us a favor by getting the clock up and running again

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a rocket scientist, but I think you just proved Catback's point for him.

If you are up 49-14....then why is anybody throwing ANY passes???

Clock is running, run the football and go home.

WB will get what is coming to them eventually. Karma is a b1tch.

SoreDad=Tool

the last pass was a wr screen thrown behind the line and the boy broke some tackles and scored. the tackle should have been made behind the line.

So that just justifies everything. They threw a pass to their best player behind the line so it makes it ok. Oakdale shouldve tackled him even tho those kids were playing both ways all night and were dead tired and wartburgs starters were fresh. Good point, idiot.

Oakdale never quit competing the whole game and played their starters the almost whole game and their coach had a chance to get their backups some more work but he didn't. Can you tell me why he did that? If you're in a fight and you know you've won do you stop fighting if the other guy is still throwing punches(onside kicks)? Maybe you should think about the calls Oakdales coaching staff made also. I'll be honest I didn't like the final touchdown, and I also didn't like the fact Oakdales backups didn't get more playing time against Watburgs backups. And the onside kick call which was almost identical to the one Oakdale began the game with was uncalled for also.

Bush league! If you're up 35-42 points, the starters shouldn't be in the game. If the second or third team can't be stopped, that's a different story. No kid should be told to lay down, or punt on first down...that's just as embarrassing for the opposing team. The excuse from the coach about the onside kicks was a joke. He'll get his one day. Too bad they want make it far enough in the playoffs to see a real team. :twisted:

If Wartburg's JV scores and makes it 55 nobody is complaining, but throwing in that situation in rubbing their nose in it. It's being said that the coaches were trying to set the school record for points and were upset that the clock ran nonstop the second half and kept them from getting it. If the clock hadn't been running, they would have tried to score 80 and blamed it on Oakdale for kicking pooch kicks. They weren't even onside kicks, they were pooch kicks that Wartburg didn't recover. Maybe Wartburg needs to work on fielding pooch kicks.

Oakdale never quit competing the whole game and played their starters the almost whole game and their coach had a chance to get their backups some more work but he didn't. Can you tell me why he did that? If you're in a fight and you know you've won do you stop fighting if the other guy is still throwing punches(onside kicks)? Maybe you should think about the calls Oakdales coaching staff made also. I'll be honest I didn't like the final touchdown, and I also didn't like the fact Oakdales backups didn't get more playing time against Watburgs backups. And the onside kick call which was almost identical to the one Oakdale began the game with was uncalled for also.

my name says eagle but its not an oakdale eagle and my argument comes completely from an unbiased view. Tell me how Oakdale can sub in their second team when they only dress about 20 kids?

Edited by old24eagle

If Wartburg's JV scores and makes it 55 nobody is complaining, but throwing in that situation in rubbing their nose in it. It's being said that the coaches were trying to set the school record for points and were upset that the clock ran nonstop the second half and kept them from getting it. If the clock hadn't been running, they would have tried to score 80 and blamed it on Oakdale for kicking pooch kicks. They weren't even onside kicks, they were pooch kicks that Wartburg didn't recover. Maybe Wartburg needs to work on fielding pooch kicks.

It was starters on starters. Oakdale needs better coaching. Get better coaches and the kids will come out and play.