ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Baker-MUS or Renfro-BA

K-?

Still should be in there

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Div II-AA West deserves more respect when handing out all-state recognition. CBHS didn't earn a 9-1 record and #1 seed in the West without consistent play from LB Stephen Varnado, DB Austin Bennett, and RB Ryan Eason. Their balance on both sides of the ball will be a determining factor in the playoffs over the next few weeks, not to mention home field advantage at Tom Nix Stadium. GO PURPLE WAVE!

• 2 weeks later...

Div II-AA West deserves more respect when handing out all-state recognition. CBHS didn't earn a 9-1 record and #1 seed in the West without consistent play from LB Stephen Varnado, DB Austin Bennett, and RB Ryan Eason. Their balance on both sides of the ball will be a determining factor in the playoffs over the next few weeks, not to mention home field advantage at Tom Nix Stadium. GO PURPLE WAVE!

I think the Brentwood QB Hamby would be a solid pick as well but it would be tough to replace him against Huesman from Baylor. Loved Woody Baron against MUS the other night however the MUS looked very solid on the offensive side of the ball. Ben Still and Conner Caruthers looked the part and Henry Dickenson on Defense for MUS is about it. Toby Baker needs another year to develop. He should go to some camps this summer. He has the tools to become a D-1 prospect next year.

My list for the final DII-AA all state

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

RB-Nantambu Fentress-Ensworth

OL- Ben Still-MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie/ Cory Baty

Defense

DL-Kennan Crenshaw-Ensworth

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DL-Matt Murphy-Christian Brothers

DE-Jarrod Coleman-McCallie

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Nathan Renfro-BA

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL- Ben Still-MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie/ Cory Baty

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Henry Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Toby Baker-MUS

K-Nathan Renfro-BA

i dont see how you put Nantambu at running back over Corn, and I as a BA fan doesn't understand the appeal of Derek King.

This season he has no been impressive and has shown signs of quitting on his team. In the Ensworth game this past week he left the game with some sort of "injury" and wasnt in the game for the biggest defense series of the year, where his backup got burnt on 3rd and 33. He also got burnt earlyer in the game and a 3rd and 22 when Ensworth was deep in their own territory. I think he has fantastic potential for the next level but in my opinion he has not shown all-state potential this season.

i dont see how you put Nantambu at running back over Corn, and I as a BA fan doesn't understand the appeal of Derek King.

This season he has no been impressive and has shown signs of quitting on his team. In the Ensworth game this past week he left the game with some sort of "injury" and wasnt in the game for the biggest defense series of the year, where his backup got burnt on 3rd and 33. He also got burnt earlyer in the game and a 3rd and 22 when Ensworth was deep in their own territory. I think he has fantastic potential for the next level but in my opinion he has not shown all-state potential this season.

I put Nantambu at running back because he has played a lot of running back and full back this year, and deserves to be on the all state ballot. However I do not believe he is as good of a LB, as the other three, so I stuck him in as RB, and Corn as a DB. As far as Derek King goes, I could not agree with you more. I believe he will be all state, which is why I have him there, but he is not even the best in their secondary. In my opinion Kwazel Bertrand should be there, or perhaps Cory Batey from Ensworth.

Two of your guys received the Mr. Football award today in Huesman from Baylor and Dickinson from MUS. I think the list you have is pretty spot on and reprentative of the league. You should submit it to the press or ask Coach T to. Good luck.

Two of your guys received the Mr. Football award today in Huesman from Baylor and Dickinson from MUS. I think the list you have is pretty spot on and reprentative of the league. You should submit it to the press or ask Coach T to. Good luck.

Thanks, although the list may be a little mid-east heavy, for my location has not allowed to let me view as many Memphis games this year.

My all state thus far would be

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Matthew Hamby-BA

RB-Victor Cairo-BA

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Ben Still-MUS

OL-Blake Tompson-BGA

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Jordan Smith-BGA

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DL-Jarrod Coleman-McCallie

DL-Woody Barron-BA

DL-Andrei Lucachi-MBA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-Zach Erickson-MUS

LB-James Kay-MBA

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

i don't understand how jacob huesman isn't on as QB. he was mr. football..

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Baker-MUS or Renfro-BA

K-?

antonio richardson isn't at ensworth anymore is he?

antonio richardson isn't at ensworth anymore is he?

You were looking at the wrong list. Here is the final list. Anybody know someone to send it to for consideration?

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

OL- Ben Still-MUS

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Conner Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA