All State this far

footballfan1111

Good job last night, I went to the Whitehaven game and was impressed with the Murphy kid. He is agressive and strong. I think the MUS game will be a very good defensive battle. I think you guys can handle the MUS run pretty easy as their backs are very small.

MUS has one RB that isn't tiny - Finney - but he rarely gets the ball, mostly blocks. The Bros may have trouble stopping the passing game if they allow Baker time to deliver the ball to Cross et al.

Edited by owlbooster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think I know you very well but I know Austin Prevost and that kid is a head-hunter. He reminds me of his older brother Todd who played lb at Furman. People need to get over the technicality's pass drops etc.. He can work on that his coach is Lemanski Hall, a former NFL linebacker. Over-all the kid is a player and I personally think that he is underrated in the all-state talk. He plays to the ball and he is a physical kid. In my opinion he is all state and right now im pretty sure App. State and Furman are looking at this kid.

I am not saying he is not a good player. I recognize that he is a good linebacker, and a solid player, I just feel the other three linebackers I have are more complete. They as well are physical, down hill players, and all three are the best linebackers on their teams, and in my opinion DII. Prevost is a good player, but he may not even be as good yet as Fentress, who is on here as a runningback. I have no doubt he will be an all state selection next season. And what do you mean people need to get over the technicality's? That is how you determine how good a player is, by if he does his job every single time. There are plenty of good players, but the really good ones are separated by how well they do their job every play, e.g. gap responsibility, coverage...

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

RB-Nantambu Fentress-Ensworth

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-Kennan Crenshaw-Ensworth

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DL-Matt Murphy-Christian Brothers

DE-Jarrod Coleman-McCallie

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Baker-MUS or Renfro-BA

K-?

Offense

QB-C.J. Beathard-BGA

QB-Jacob Huesman-Baylor

RB-Victor Caro-BA

RB-Nantambu Fentress-Ensworth

OL-Antonio Richardson-Ensworth

OL-Austin Hicks-McCallie

OL-Caruthers-MUS

OL-Graham Shuler-BA

TE-Blake Thomson-BGA

WR-Weldon Garlington-BA

WR-Keenan Hale-McCallie

Defense

DL-Kennan Crenshaw-Ensworth

DL-John Mackey-Baylor

DL-Matt Murphy-Christian Brothers

DE-Jarrod Coleman-McCallie

DE-Woody Barron-BA

LB-Davis Helton-Baylor

LB-James Kay-MBA

LB-Dickinson-MUS

DB-Corn Elder-Ensworth

DB-Derek King-BA

DB-Joe Reigle-MBA

DB-Josh Smith-BGA

ATH-Jordan Wilkins-SBA

P-Baker-MUS or Renfro-BA

K-?

Its definately Still at Oline he will be playing in the SEC pretty soon.

Some think Still hasn't played up to his potential yet. Well, he's "still" only a Junior

I was able to attend the MBA vs. BA game last night, and thought I would comment on it. Of the players on the all state list, I was impressed with Barron, Caro,Kay, and Garlington. Very impressed with Baron I might add. He moves very well for his size and would be a force at defensive end or tackle at the next level. Shuler opened some holes up, but I think the Murphy kid might be the best one on their line. Reigle was not in on many plays, and did not have much of an impact on the game. I still think he is all state worthy though, for I have watched a few of his games for the past couple of years. Every player has an off-night I guess. BA's running back Radir Annor really stood out. He is a strong, down-hill runner, and very fast. I think he could be in the all state talk as well. Give me your thoughts on him compared to the other running backs around the league. Derek King is fast, but lacks good ball skills. Two balls that could have been intercepted hit him in the helmet. BA's team is loaded with talent.

Some think Still hasn't played up to his potential yet. Well, he's "still" only a Junior

The MUS Center, Conner Caruthers and Ben Still at Right Guard opened up some big time holes for MUS. Watched it on DVR and those two are a very good combination. Why in the world MUS didn't take advantage of that more, especially with 3 minutes left in the game instead of those sideline passes cost them the game. They could have run at will but for some reason the Offensive Cordinator chose to pass and basically leave a lot of time for CBHS to score. Give it CBHS for taken advantage of it and winning the ball game. MUS was out coached Friday night.

The MUS Center, Conner Caruthers and Ben Still at Right Guard opened up some big time holes for MUS. Watched it on DVR and those two are a very good combination. Why in the world MUS didn't take advantage of that more, especially with 3 minutes left in the game instead of those sideline passes cost them the game. They could have run at will but for some reason the Offensive Cordinator chose to pass and basically leave a lot of time for CBHS to score. Give it CBHS for taken advantage of it and winning the ball game. MUS was out coached Friday night.

I agree

A two-deep All-state roster would include about every starter in DII, I guess? :mellow:

You boys over in Alcoa are pretty smart, let's see there are 10 teams in DII so yeah 2 deep would include every starter. Stick to counting widgets in the Alcoa factory with all your Kentucky recruits. What an idiotic thing to say from someone who thinks their little 2A team could compete in the Big Boy League.