Notre Dame @ Sequatchie co.

dunlap1

Good efficent win tonight vs Notre Dame, 42-14. 14 after 1, 28-7 at half, 42-7 after 3. Sequatchie started out badly with one yard on three rushes then a mistake on the punt, Notre Dame took over at the 12. They lost yardage and missed a field goal, then Seq got the rushing game in gear. Stewart (14 yards) and Lewis (26 yards) had TDs in the first quarter, Sequachie had 130 yards rushing in the first.

In the second, Sequatchie had a punt return for a TD called back on what was called a clip, nobody saw it that way for Sequatchie, but they scored on a rushing TD anyway, 29 yards by Fain. Notre Dame had their best moments next, got on the board. They gained 30 yards on fourth down at the Sequatchie 35 and scored on a short run.

Late in the quarter Sequatchie 60 yards in four plays, long runs by Lewis and Fain and a short TD by Grant.

Notre Dame was incomplete on 3 passes to start the third and Sequatchie chewed up a lot of the clock in scoring next, 15 yard TD by Fain. Notre Dame punted again nearly right away and a 42 yard run by Fain set up his short TD run, finishing Sequatchie's scoring a 42, 4:00 in the third.

Notre Dame scored very late in the game. They recovered a fumble by the freshmen offensive team, then moved all the way to the 1 before being stopped on fourth down. The reserves, unfortunately, fumbled again and ND recovered in the end zone. They didn't execute very well but they have time to get better and they're practicing against some good older players which will benefit down the line.

Fain had 14 carries for 194 for Sequatchie, Lewis 16 for 177. Sequatchie had 422 yards rushing, all in the first 3 quarters. Line wasn't as strong as last week, ND did have a few stops for no gain or negative gain but overall they were again very good (560 yard pace). Notre Dame's McCoy gained 60 yards, 30 on one play. He made things happen when he touched it but only touched it 5 times for whatever reason, he's just a sophomore and looked strong and fast out there.

Quite a few players had lost yardage tackles and/or sacks for Sequatchie-Potts (sr), Summers (jr), Pickett (so), Howard (senior), probably more especially when it was multiple players on the stop in the middle. Martinez made 6-6 EP and Howard hit 1-1.

Alos how may yards did Stewart have? I hope the kid is ok from what I understand he is close to 1,000 yards. I hope its nothing serious and just has to sit a week and get a chance to get the 1,000 yard mark. That would leave Seq with three 1,000 yard rushers. That is something else

Edited by DefMinded

Fain is probably very close. Lewis should have in the 1200 range. Not sure yet about the district. I'd say Bledsoe if they win out, being 8-2. The district winner isn't as important as final record in the playoff seedings, anymore. It is to get in to begin with, though, as is runner-up. Wildcards can be placed higher now if they have a better record unlike past seasons. (unless it's changed in the last few weeks :roflol: )

I thought we were flat to start and got better throughout the game except in the kicking game we are terrible in that department. We need to come out and play the next two games lights out to get ready for the playoffs. We need to execute from the start and continue to get better even if the starters only play 3 quaters. I think our fans can help out as well, we have a large crowd, but for a large crowd the last two games it was quite. I know these games are not easy to get up for as fans, but we need to show more support and not wait for our kids to raise their hands on the field to get loud. I hope Justice is not hurt seriously and can re join the team when he is ready. I know the 1000 yds would be a great accomplishment, but little man your health is more important.