South Pitt at Polk County

PittsburgLegend

LMAO!!! You are seriously going to say that Polk will be cramped up from chasing SP!!! . . . :roflol: . . . :blink:

SP will be takin a knee to catch their breath before the end of the first half, just like last year. Lack of depth is going to kill SP in the long run. IF and only IF they can keep it close in the first half will they have a chance to catch their breath and have a successful 2nd half. And if you are going to base YOUR predictions off the BC vs. PC game you can go right ahead!!! Becaues your a dang fool if you are. This post obviously shows your age. I by far am no football guru but dude that was 9 weeks ago!!!

Actually J, the wild kittens got worn down last year by a smaller, faster Pirate squad that spotted you guys 28 points. P.C. went on to win 31-28 and the only thing that saved P.C. from that legendary come back was the clock and not P.C. superior conditioning. :thumb:

Actually J, the wild kittens got worn down last year by a smaller, faster Pirate squad that spotted you guys 28 points. P.C. went on to win 31-28 and the only thing that saved P.C. from that legendary come back was the clock and not P.C. superior conditioning. :thumb:

34-28 with 2 Polk td's called back by the same official, covering a spread maybe? The announcer doing all he could to get more time on the clock, "Did you say reset the clock to 5 minutes Mr. Official" with 3:15 to go in 4th. The time keeper was terrible also starting the clock when and if he wanted in the last 7 minutes of the game and I got vids to prove it if you want me to upload them to Youtube I will. I know there are no excuses but a W in a W and we will let all things be settled come Friday night at Polk.

Edited by Coach J

I dont think this years team is as good as last years so if we spot them 28 it will be a long night. I think this team plays better together as a unit than last years team, but with Terrell at QB we were a better team. The good thing about this year is that we play together, and dont really just look to 1 person to take us to victory. I dont know if I think Polk is that much better than South Pitt. The difference for me is turnovers. I dont think we will score in the 30s so ball control is huge in this game. Chubb, Little Man, & Travis will have to contribute big time for us to walk away victorious.

34-28 with 2 Polk td's called back by the same official, covering a spread maybe? The announcer doing all he could to get more time on the clock, "Did you say reset the clock to 5 minutes Mr. Official" with 3:15 to go in 4th. The time keeper was terrible also starting the clock when and if he wanted in the last 7 minutes of the game. I know there are no excuses but a W in a W and we will let all things be settled come Friday night at Polk.

Your previous posted implied the Pirates needed a breather in the 1st half. Now you are saying there were problems with the Timex. There wasn't any problems with the Timex, the Pirates really were that fast. :roflol:

I dont think this years team is as good as last years so if we spot them 28 it will be a long night. I think this team plays better together as a unit than last years team, but with Terrell at QB we were a better team. The good thing about this year is that we play together, and dont really just look to 1 person to take us to victory. I dont know if I think Polk is that much better than South Pitt. The difference for me is turnovers. I dont think we will score in the 30s so ball control is huge in this game. Chubb, Little Man, & Travis will have to contribute big time for us to walk away victorious.

I hope they don't play a 3-man front against this bunch. I'm not talking about a fake 4 or 5 man front like they used against U.S. either but a real D-line Dave Baxter style.

Well TrainTracks disagrees with not being as good...We don't have Terrell so MAYBE our offense isnt as potent but our D is much improved especially in the front seven...TrainTracks remembers going to Polk in 97 and winning 91-7 in a scrimmage haha good to see them Polka bears back to being competitive....Shaping up to be a good one just hope we can hold par with them in between the tackles if we do I like our chances if not it will be a long night

All I got to say about this game and Polk being slow and out of shape. Ask ole Terrel how hard them boys from Pokk hit. Towards the end of the game last year he didn't know where he was at. SP better come ready to hit and be hit hard tehm Polk boys swarm to the ball. How do you beat speed by hitting them right in the mouth. This Polk team has played with each other for a very long time. Great group of kids to watch. Come friday night the hard hitting and smash mouth football will begin. Both teams are very well coached and got great athletes. I've been waiting on this game since after the first week of the season. Good luck to both teams on a injury free game. Also hope to see a good crownd from SP and yall have a safe trip up to Benton friday night. GO Polk

Well TrainTracks disagrees with not being as good...We don't have Terrell so MAYBE our offense isnt as potent but our D is much improved especially in the front seven...TrainTracks remembers going to Polk in 97 and winning 91-7 in a scrimmage haha good to see them Polka bears back to being competitive....Shaping up to be a good one just hope we can hold par with them in between the tackles if we do I like our chances if not it will be a long night

If they go up by 3 touchdowns much less by 4 our offense wont be able to make it a game. Thats all im saying. Everyone has their own opinion. This years team will never be able to play last years team so its a hypothetical argument.

My biggest concern isn't winning...it's keeping our boys healthy. The injury risk will be high in this game. As far as Terrell being a better qb, you're probably right. But Millard is twice the player he was at the beginning of the season. It's a shame he's already a Senior...he could be all-state material next year. Karrell Hutchins is the most underrated tackler in the area. He's in on almost every stop and will be a be a big factor Friday night. The Allen twins are getting better every game. Raquis? Well, if our line will step up to Polk's level, he'll have a big night. Polk's kicking game will be hampered with Little Man receiving. And head-hunter Josh Parker is a match for the biggest, meanest Wildcat they've got. All-in-all I say SP by two TD's.

Both teams better be ready to play.SP for awhile tonite played very uninspired at times. A few turnovers against a sorry LV team and our first unit D gave up a little more on the ground than they should have but I guess 61-20 isn't so bad. The second team did play all of the second half and the offense looked good but lv's first team whipped our second team D just plain and simple. If SP goes into Polk like they did tonite,well it could be a long ride home but I look for the Pirate's to play up to the competition. I belive both teams will be all fired up and for it to be like the Signal game this year with the game on the line late in the fourth quarter. I look forward to the game and I hope somebody from Polk can give good direstion's to the stadium and tell us what time it start's.

Yes, our boys are like us fans when it comes to playing someone like LV. Friday night the fans were uninspired as well, but I'm sure they will be ready for Polk, may be a close one, but they will be fired up for this one after what happened last year. Last year against the cornfed boys from Polk, they came out slow and didn't wake up till the 2nd half, then made a comeback coming up a little short.

Maybe Roy needs to get sneak them some "Red Bull" on the bus, to help with the 1st half.