Blackman vs Brentwood

pattonboysdad

Now let me get this straight.

This Brentwood team, this team has remained in the AP top ten? (even with two losses)

This is the same Brentwood Team that many picked to play for the title?

This is the same Brentwwod Team that is the best in Williamson County?

How will Brentwood stay in top ten with three losses?

Williamson County is WEAK! Any Rutherford County Team would love to play in that district.

Sorry - the title chase passes through Rutherford County! Now that Brentwood is O for three. Not going to happen this year.

Now let me get this straight.

This Brentwood team, this team has remained in the AP top ten? (even with two losses)

This is the same Brentwood Team that many picked to play for the title?

This is the same Brentwwod Team that is the best in Williamson County?

How will Brentwood stay in top ten with three losses?

Williamson County is WEAK! Any Rutherford County Team would love to play in that district.

Sorry - the title chase passes through Rutherford County! Now that Brentwood is O for three. Not going to happen this year.

haha...i bet Lavergne and Seigle would have winning records there :roflol:

I saw that Blackman won. How did this one play out?

a dominating defense...gang tackling...big blow up hits...incredible pass defense...despite a half a dozen big penalties that kept the chains moving for brentwood that allowed them to move the ball into our territory a couple of times...penalties were 2 face mask, one interference call...hit the punter...holding a couple of times (and one of these brought back a Mathers screen pass for a TD)...besides the holding...these were just hustle plays that were penalties...!

on offense...ran, passed...and ran some more! big holes...mathers breaking ankles left and right...anyone that comes on here (like kingj) and says he ain't the real deal or he is only good because he plays against bad competition, etc is coo-coo! enought said, he's the best back in this state hands down!

recap of the game: blackman takes opening drive for 65 yards and in about 10 plays punches it in...holds brentwood and takes second drive (i think...maybe 3rd) and scores...halftime is 14-0...brentwood comes out drives the ball down the field and makes it a game...they hold us...and brentwood starts to drive again and fumbles...on the next play we throw an interception...they have the ball on our 30 and the defense comes up with a stop on about the 15 yard line on a 4 and 2...we score two more times on GREAT, GREAT runs by mathers...defense shuts them down the rest of the way...brentwood scores on last play of the game on a pass...final blackman 28 brentwood 13

and with all of these accolades for blackman...don't take my post wrong...brentwood is a heck of a team...BIG lineman...great QB...tall athletic recievers...and certainly well coached...but something special is happening to this team at the right time...blackman just had too much mo jo in every area of the game tonight!

brentwood...you guys are class with a capital "C"...good luck the rest of the way!

Observations from the Bruin Sideline:

1. Mr Mathers is the best tailback I've seen this year. He is really really really really good. Unfortunately, we did a poor job of tackling which made him look even better. As long as he stays healthy, he'll be fun to watch on Saturdays in a few years.

2. Hard to beat anybody with 5 turnovers. The Bruin offense wasn't very sharp but the Blackman defense did have something to say about that. They play hard and run to the ball.

3. The referees were way too involved in this game on both sides. I don't think either coaching staff was very happy with them. I'll just say they sucked and leave it at that.

4. I'll concur with Mr. Patton that Blackman seems to peaking at the right time.

5. The Blackman Band rocked as usual. The Brentwood Band needs to understand that people come to the game to be entertained- not watch some wierd interpretative dance with tuba players laying on the grass called.

Good Luck Blaze. We are limping back to Brentwood to heal up for Franklin.

Edited by lbhiii