IMAC 2011

patycake21

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Both doubleheaders for tonight and tomorrow night have been canceled due to excessive cool weather. Pitchers mound is frozen along with visitors restrooms. They will not be rescheduled, no open dates left in Jan. and Feb.

Have a nice Christmas.

Congrats on Cody signing with CN!!

From what I have been hearing, SC should be talented again this year, but young & untested. Replacing Flynn's bat will be tough & finding a shutdown pitcher will be also. Gavy, Sisk & Watson all have the capability to handle the mound duties while I look at SC playing a lot more small ball this year. Should be strong defensively & Silva's bat has some pop. Question is can they continue to play as a team with losing the leaders they lost last year. Should be a interesting season especially with the new coaches in the conference!

Go Smoky Bears!!

Congrats on Cody signing with CN!!

From what I have been hearing, SC should be talented again this year, but young & untested. Replacing Flynn's bat will be tough & finding a shutdown pitcher will be also. Gavy, Sisk & Watson all have the capability to handle the mound duties while I look at SC playing a lot more small ball this year. Should be strong defensively & Silva's bat has some pop. Question is can they continue to play as a team with losing the leaders they lost last year. Should be a interesting season especially with the new coaches in the conference!

Go Smoky Bears!!

Should be another close season in the IMAC. West might have the edge with their pitchers, but who knows. I think CN got a good player with Cody. He will be able to get some help having Brandon and Kyle there this year.

Should be another close season in the IMAC. West might have the edge with their pitchers, but who knows. I think CN got a good player with Cody. He will be able to get some help having Brandon and Kyle there this year.

I saw Kyle this past fall & was very happy to hear he was going to get a chance to play!

Jeff Co will be tough with their new coach also! I have also heard that a surprise in IMAC baseball maybe Cocke Co. We'll have to wait & see!

Merry Christmas to all IMAC! It's hard to believe that mine is already out of HS! BLINK and it is over, so enjoy it while you can!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Dang snow. Another lost week of games. Hard to find someone to play outside those up north looking for warmer weather. Even the 5 man ump crew refused to show. Lost $$$$ on not selling the coffee and hot chocolate. There was a tie on the snowball throwing contest, both made it over left field fence (wind aided). Both are now on full scholarship with breakfast, lunch, and concession allowance. Still looking for jobs for dads (must be off by 4:30 in the Spring). Sure feels like the first day of the official season. Hard to tell the difference these days. "Cabin Fever" is starting to take its toll.

• 3 weeks later...

Great day to play 4. Had to stop after 2 because of heat exhaustion and cramps. Players weren't to happy about having to play in such heat. The fans complained about it was to bright to see much of the action, even the umps had a hard time behind the plate (they usually have a hard time anyway). I guess it will get back to normal weather, snow and rain, as the regular season starts. Some good match-ups early in the season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...