6a predictions

btru23

Collinwood - Mt Pleasant

This game will be as ugly as Collinwood decides to make it. Mt Pleasant has no chance to make it close.

Collinwood 49 Mt Pleasant 6

Moore Co - Columbia Academy

Moore Co is the better team and should win if they can avoid turnovers. Columbia Academy is opportunitistic, though, and will make you pay if you shorten the field for them.

Moore Co 28 Columbia Academy 13

Wayne Co - Cornersville

Cornersville is a much improved team that will play hard the entire game. That said, they could give Wayne Co trouble if they don't take Cornersville seriously. Wayne Co should win, only question is by how much.

Wayne Co 28 Cornersville 0

South Pittsburg - Forrest

Overall, South Pitt is obviously the better team. But, Forrest is much better than their record indicates and I would expect them to play the game of their life this week. I am not sure that will be enough to defeat SP, but I will definitely be rooting for Forrest to pull the upset. No team, or community, deserves something good to happen this week more than Chapel Hill.

South Pittsburg 30 Forrest 26

Huntland-Cascade

This is the game of the week in the region and based on the quality of each defense, this game should be very low scoring. The predicted bad weather will make turnovers and field position even more important than normal. Cascade has the better kicking game, but has had trouble with turnovers early in the season. If the turnover issue is resolved, I think Cascade will win. If not, Huntland will win.

Cascade 13 Huntland 7

Great post brichard!

I like Huntland over Cascade by 2 tds. Cascade plays hard, but they are not as talented as last year while Huntland is more talented than last year.

I also think Moore Co. - CA should be a close game.

I am pulling for Forrest as well, but not only do they have to deal with the tradgedy, they are suffering from the injury bug also.

Cornersville is better, but they are without thier leading rusher/tackler Robert Wolaver.

Collinwood can pick the score.

Posted by graf12:

No offense!!!!!! What is that supposed to mean. Are you trying to say they cant score. Look at the scores of their past games. 27 one game 28 another 34 another and 26 another

I think he meant no "uh-fense" meaning he doesn't want to offend Hornet fans. :) Doesn't look like it worked. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure he was getting at the fact, that Huntland hasn't played anyone with a winning record. Tomorrow night will be their first test to see if they can put up points, like they have the last 5 weeks.

This should be a great game, with old fashion smash mouth football being played. It's Huntland's Home Comming, so therefore they should be a 4 1/2 point favorite at Johnny Majors field.