Parents should stay out of the game

bigAsports

I believe that if parents spend as much time on academics as they spend on getting their child to excel in athletic endeavors, their STUDENT/athlete would have a much better chance to earn a scholarship. <_< I have been on both ends of this equation. My daughter played all over the country in AAU hoops. She maintained a 3.5 high school gpa. She started 17 games as a freshman at a Gulf South Conference University. In the end Academics paid for much more college than athletics got close too... :thumb:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that if parents spend as much time on academics as they spend on getting their child to excel in athletic endeavors, their STUDENT/athlete would have a much better chance to earn a scholarship. <_< I have been on both ends of this equation. My daughter played all over the country in AAU hoops. She maintained a 3.5 high school gpa. She started 17 games as a freshman at a Gulf South Conference University. In the end Academics paid for much more college than athletics got close too... :thumb:

DragonMaster: Congrats to your daughter. I whole heartedly believe that if your daughter continues to do well in her academic career and finishes her college athletic career when it comes time to enter the work world and she submits her resume along side average Joe or Jane with the same academic credentials; she will have a great advantage in landing the job!!