Thornhill(mba) or Springer(knox cath)

fatty4life

Springer is more athletic but thornhill has much more technique. Everyone from knox catholic is focused on the match Springer had against turner. What about his match against a real wrestler, pennington(mccallie)? i was at the tournament and seem to remember springer not handling that too well. Thornhill beat turner multiple times and by more than a point. Thornhill only lost to pennington by a point each time they wrestled. Knox Catholic is gonna experience a rude awakening when Thornhill and Springer meet in the State Tournament.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the LAST person to come on here and give props to MBA, but Ian is far better than whoever this other guy is. If that match between Brett Turner and "that dude" was the highlight for knox cath, then woah! You wanna talk about last year ok lets do it. Springer lost to a guy from Maplewood in the Ryan Inv. and he lost to the 189 from BA. Our guy (Jes Greenwood) got 2nd place.

What ever happened last year DOES NOT MATTER! I can tell you that MBA practices a lot harder than knox cath. When the day comes that you will know to stop this madness then all will be good.

I feel it will be a good match between the two at state. Springer has put on 15 pounds of muscle and has stayed mobile as last year! I've seen thornhill this year and he looks the same as last year. I'm sure Thornhill does has better technique than Springer, but what do you expect Springers only been wrestling 2 years. We'll see how mature of a wrestler he is this year, now with the completion of his third year. I wish Springer had same mentality during season that he did during state. He will tear it up on the mat this year with hard work and concentration.

To whoever talking about Ryan Invitational, Springer was sloppy in his conditioning. Thats way he lost in those matches. When it got closer to state, practices got more serious and the mentality changed to a must win attitude! Mabey thats why he got 3rd in state! Also if I remember right your 189 couldn't even finish the state tournement because of a head injury, which after talking to him didn't even seem like it acctually affected him any! So we don't need to talk about who is good over a Ryan! At least most wrestlers I know when faced with a 3rd or 4th place match opportunity will wrestle, instead of getting a 6th place defalt medal.

[Edited by topfootballfan6 on 10-6-02 11:30P]

Hey I'm glad to hear that, but Springer is involved in football and thats his main sport. I'm glad to hear that he does wrestle year round, but I promise that springer will be in better shape for his wrestling season than ever before. You can be sure that at the Ryan Invitational, it will be an interesting one. It will be a pre season state tournement. We'll see whoes better then.

Guest chattfbfan

i may be able to shed a little light on this. ive wrestled both of them more times than i can count. thornhill appears to be the better of the two and will win if he continues to work hard and i believe ian will. springer is more athletic and better offensively, but thornhill's defense is good enough to stop anything he has to offer. thornhill though is a very strange wrestler. i beat him by only one point, while a guy i dominated on numerous occasions from Dickson County pinned thornhill when they wrestled. so alas we will all have to go to the state tournament to see who will win this interesting matchup, but barring an unknown bursting on the scene(charles green-mccallie?) 215 will be won by a senior for the 5th straight year

Posted by chattfbfan:

i may be able to shed a little light on this. ive wrestled both of them more times than i can count. thornhill appears to be the better of the two and will win if he continues to work hard and i believe ian will. springer is more athletic and better offensively, but thornhill's defense is good enough to stop anything he has to offer. thornhill though is a very strange wrestler. i beat him by only one point, while a guy i dominated on numerous occasions from Dickson County pinned thornhill when they wrestled. so alas we will all have to go to the state tournament to see who will win this interesting matchup, but barring an unknown bursting on the scene(charles green-mccallie?) 215 will be won by a senior for the 5th straight year

You beat Matt Proctor? Impressive.......Do tell

Guest chattfbfan
Posted by walkenvol:

chattfbfan,

Since you were the only 215 lb that mastered the muchang, why didn't you unleash it in the finals last year? What happened to going north to play lacrosse?

heart wasnt in it. i didnt want to go into a program that i couldnt devote my entire self too