White House v Montgomery Central game ?

CHAMPDDS

As I understand it, the referee abandoned the game 34 minutes into second half. Montgomery Central keeper was injured after challenge (no foul) and couldn't feel her legs. Coach agreed. White house was ahead 3-0.

That is correct. There was no foul. And in the course of the action did not seem to be too violent of a collision. It was actually just after half in the 46th minute. The troubling part was that it took almost 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive on the scene. Initially the girl had no feeling or movement at all, but after about 25 minutes feeling and movement began to return. Word is she is going to be fine, some tests today but it seems she will fully recover. Players from both team were not in any shape to continue, obviously.

It kinda brings things back into perspective a little bit.

That is correct. There was no foul. And in the course of the action did not seem to be too violent of a collision. It was actually just after half in the 46th minute. The troubling part was that it took almost 45 minutes for an ambulance to arrive on the scene. Initially the girl had no feeling or movement at all, but after about 25 minutes feeling and movement began to return. Word is she is going to be fine, some tests today but it seems she will fully recover. Players from both team were not in any shape to continue, obviously.

It kinda brings things back into perspective a little bit.

That is too bad, but hopefully not anything too serious, thanks for the insight...(45 minutes is a crazy amount of time to be waiting.... :shock: )

D

As the assistant coach of Montgomery Central, I can report that our keeper is at home and doing well. She has regained all movement and feeling. The diagnosis is a really bad stinger (thus the initial loss of feeling and movement) and a deep bruise to the base of the neck/top of the spinal cord, where the contact was made. We'll have to watch over the next couple of day for any symptoms like headaches, tingling, etc. but she should make a full recovery and be on the field next year (along with the other 10 starters...so we'll see you next year White House ;) ).

The ref made the right decision by not making a call. It was an even challenge on a breakaway, just an unfortunate chain of events. In making the stop, our goalie tucked her chin to her chest to protect her face, which was still healing from a tender orbital bone after being kicked. The White House player made contact on the back of her head and neck pusing it down and in farther.

And yes, 45 minutes is a long time to wait for an ambulance. However, we were at East Robertson High School (far away from any hospital our ambulance bay I know of) and the EMT First Responders were there fairly quickly. Plus, the athletic trainer on site was awesome. She reacted quickly and efficiently. She even came with us to the hospital to ensure everything was okay.

I hate that our season had to end this way because holding White House to a 1-0 lead at halftime was a huge victory for us. We would have liked to have played a full game but we as coaches knew there was no way either team was going to be able to respond after witnessing a traumatic injury. Heck, I probably couldn't even have responded. Good luck to White House in the finals! They deserve to be there and I hope they represent the district well. The team and their fans were a class act last night.

Edited by rgossett14
  • Upvote 1

As the assistant coach of Montgomery Central, I can report that our keeper is at home and doing well. She has regained all movement and feeling. The diagnosis is a really bad stinger (thus the initial loss of feeling and movement) and a deep bruise to the base of the neck/top of the spinal cord, where the contact was made. We'll have to watch over the next couple of day for any symptoms like headaches, tingling, etc. but she should make a full recovery and be on the field next year (along with the other 10 starters...so we'll see you next year White House ;) ).

The ref made the right decision by not making a call. It was an even challenge on a breakaway, just an unfortunate chain of events. In making the stop, our goalie tucked her chin to her chest to protect her face, which was still healing from a tender orbital bone after being kicked. The White House player made contact on the back of her head and neck pusing it down and in farther.

And yes, 45 minutes is a long time to wait for an ambulance. However, we were at East Robertson High School (far away from any hospital our ambulance bay I know of) and the EMT First Responders were there fairly quickly. Plus, the athletic trainer on site was awesome. She reacted quickly and efficiently. She even came with us to the hospital to ensure everything was okay.

I hate that our season had to end this way because holding White House to a 1-0 lead at halftime was a huge victory for us. We would have liked to have played a full game but we as coaches knew there was no way either team was going to be able to respond after witnessing a traumatic injury. Heck, I probably couldn't even have responded. Good luck to White House in the finals! They deserve to be there and I hope they represent the district well. The team and their fans were a class act last night.

Classy report and glad she is OK.

As the father of the White House keeper, I am so very glad to hear that she should recover fully. That was a very traumatic incident for everyone present. I just hope the girls all can recover both physically and mentally. Thanks for the kind words I will be sure to pass along the report!

As for next season...With only 4 upperclassmen who get any significant playing time on the squad and 5 club players coming in next year as freshmen, we are not going anywhere soon. ;) We loved playing you guys and look forward to seeing you again next year!

As the father of the White House keeper, I am so very glad to hear that she should recover fully. That was a very traumatic incident for everyone present. I just hope the girls all can recover both physically and mentally. Thanks for the kind words I will be sure to pass along the report!

As for next season...With only 4 upperclassmen who get any significant playing time on the squad and 5 club players coming in next year as freshmen, we are not going anywhere soon. ;) We loved playing you guys and look forward to seeing you again next year!

As a Macon County Assistant Coach, I want to express our relief in learning of the injury to the Montgomery Central keeper. She is an outstanding player and displayed grace and leadership in our game. We are happy to learn she is OK. Good luck to Montgomery Central next year and best of luck to White House in this year's tourney.

• Upvote 1