Nashville Christian @ Jo Byrns

Shep

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a way to end the regular season, JB is hot right now and choked a high octane O scoreless, NCS bettr be ready for some football, V8 style ! District title goes to the winner in this one, is NCS ready to take the reins ? Hmm ? We will see, DEVILS are coming ! O bettr bring your ear plugs next week and Murphy Fair gonna make a visit to the Dungeon, TV coverage and sports writers abound, change the oil in the trucks boys !

What a way to end the regular season, JB is hot right now and choked a high octane O scoreless, NCS bettr be ready for some football, V8 style ! District title goes to the winner in this one, is NCS ready to take the reins ? Hmm ? We will see, DEVILS are coming ! O bettr bring your ear plugs next week and Murphy Fair gonna make a visit to the Dungeon, TV coverage and sports writers abound, change the oil in the trucks boys !

Yes this is a big game for NCS.

This may be the biggest regular season game that NCS has ever played in. At least nothing like this since the 1986 team who went 11-1. Out of no where NCS has gone from an after thought in the district to playing for the regular season district championship. From only winning 3 games in 2008 & 2009 this 2010 Eagles team is 8-1 and on the verge of making school history. Coach Brothers has quickly raised the bar for NCS and his exception are high. From off season work outs to game day prep NCS will be prepared under his watch.

NCS will need to play mistake free football to have a chance. JB has a very balanced attack with many offensive weapons that will be hard to stop. NCS has a few weapons of their own and the defense is much improved. On the defensive side and with special teams NCS has scored 9 TD's this year on fumble recovering's, interception returns, punt returns, and kick off returns.

Another contributing factor for NCS's big turn around this year is Nick Wiess a 6-3 190 pound tail back who might be the fastest guy on the field. The JB players have more TD's and much better rushing and receiving stats. For the last 5 games both team have completely dominated their opponents so this should be a game to watch.

http://nashvillechristiansports.com/

Well we've talked about this since the midpoint in the season and it has happened. I watched the CA vs. NCS game film and I think both teams (CA & NCS) are very similar. With that said, they're a different team with different players and coaches (bet you didn't know that :roflolk: ). What I'm getting at is that JB can't let off the gas just because they blew CA out. I really don't think this team will let up though.

Every time they've been asked to step up their game they have. The opening game against Cascade when it was just 14-6 at the half...they come out in the second half and out score Cascade 21-0. Against CA, knowing they're facing a quality opponent they come out focused and execute. This team has what it takes to go all the way and I think they'll show it again this week.

Well this game will be for all the marbles. I think that JB will be able to finish the season 10-0 it is awsome what this group of senior have accomplished in their four years. I am so proud of this team they have played together for the most part all the way up from Jr. Pro. I hope that they understand how special what they have done thus far really is. I am going to miss this group that was part of the "Blue Collar Crew".

Well this game will be for all the marbles. I think that JB will be able to finish the season 10-0 it is awsome what this group of senior have accomplished in their four years. I am so proud of this team they have played together for the most part all the way up from Jr. Pro. I hope that they understand how special what they have done thus far really is. I am going to miss this group that was part of the "Blue Collar Crew".

I agree 38. I was fortunate to able to coach several of these young men in Jr. Pro. I knew they were hard working kids back then, I didn't realize how special they would become. Keep it going guys and leave Jo Byrns with something no team as ever done before, in any sport, a State Championship.

I agree 38. I was fortunate to able to coach several of these young men in Jr. Pro. I knew they were hard working kids back then, I didn't realize how special they would become. Keep it going guys and leave Jo Byrns with something no team as ever done before, in any sport, a State Championship.

I want it bad for these boys just like I have for every team that I have watched since it seems like forever ago.

Well we've talked about this since the midpoint in the season and it has happened. I watched the CA vs. NCS game film and I think both teams (CA & NCS) are very similar. With that said, they're a different team with different players and coaches (bet you didn't know that :roflolk: ). What I'm getting at is that JB can't let off the gas just because they blew CA out. I really don't think this team will let up though.

Every time they've been asked to step up their game they have. The opening game against Cascade when it was just 14-6 at the half...they come out in the second half and out score Cascade 21-0. Against CA, knowing they're facing a quality opponent they come out focused and execute. This team has what it takes to go all the way and I think they'll show it again this week.

You know that Coach has a way of keeping their feet on the ground. I'm sure that practice will be intense this week again to prepare for a team that I am sure will be more than willing to take away the District from us.

You know that Coach has a way of keeping their feet on the ground. I'm sure that practice will be intense this week again to prepare for a team that I am sure will be more than willing to take away the District from us.

You're right about Coach and the players seem to be really humble too. They have a quiet confidence about them...just the kind of team you want to root for.

You're right about Coach and the players seem to be really humble too. They have a quiet confidence about them...just the kind of team you want to root for.

I know what you mean mine kept saying that he thought that CA was going to beat us. Of course he was probably trying to aggravate me <_<. Like I said before I really do want for this team to do well because of the lack of egos on team. Its hard to not root for a team that has the quality kids on it that we have. We don't have the flash players such a Rice and Tucker at WC/PC. Our player have such a great depth of talent this year that I wasn't expecting. The team is so balanced with so many weapons defensively and offensively. You can't pile up stats when you have so many great players to share the load and you only play a half of football. I can't think of a team that has a better Coaching staff to put all the pieces together either. They have our team ready and prepared every single week.