Sullivan South Rebels v TN High Vikings 10/29/10

2000southreb81

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m a realist… Crawdad it’s hard to fake it. I saw the writing on the wall in the Virginia High game. Even though we spanked them (figuratively speaking Blazer, so don’t call the police) I could see where we could be in allot of trouble against a more formidable team. The Science Hill game gave me a little hope because the offensive line seemed to pick it up and the OC coach Profit actually opened up the playbook a little and the players seemed to respond. Then came Greenville… and then 3 minutes into the DB sealed the deal for me. I do however think we can pull one out this Friday against South because just like Boone they rely heavily on the feet of the QB mixed with a few shots down field. But the coaches are going to have to MAN UP and make the changes on offense like they did on D… plain and simple. I would also like to give a shout out to the Quinn brothers (transfers from Maryville). Between the two of them they have accounted for 75%+ of all the plays made at the line of scrimmage in the Boone game. I’ve sat near their family on a couple of occasions and you can tell their family has a great football tradition.

OK Now i know you don't believe what you just wrote about Tn. High being able to win against South because they have a running QB. Have you already forgotten how the Greenville and DB quarterback's smoked you guys every time they touched the ball? You will probably get to see a replay this Friday because Haden is a good running QB.

OK Now i know you don't believe what you just wrote about Tn. High being able to win against South because they have a running QB. Have you already forgotten how the Greenville and DB quarterback's smoked you guys every time they touched the ball? You will probably get to see a replay this Friday because Haden is a good running QB.

I will always say what I mean and mean what I say. Haden is a VERY good running QB but what he doesn’t have is a Spradin or a Sensabaugh to keep the focus off of him. That would put them in the same boat as Boone. It’s much easier to defend the QB option when theirs not a big time playmaker at RB waiting to gash you if you don’t respect the run. I watched the South vs SH game and Haden ran the ball (mostly by design) 7 out of 10 plays form the line of scrimmage. So my plan in beating South would be to tackle Haden EVERY PLAY (whether you think he has the ball or not) and don’t let the receivers get behind you. I know it’s easier said than done but you have to know that if you stop Haden from running the ball you beat South.

I didn't say "friends", I said "respect". I would call you "idiot", but that's reserved for the Whacko.

Sorry Mutt but gaining the respect of a bunch of coulda shoulda woulda beens is not my goal in life. Nor do I really give a flying leap about how you feel about me or anything I say… because last time I looked, it don’t say “muttandjeff†at the bottom of my check and my wife’s name is Cathy. So I guess I don’t have to tell you what you can do with your “respectâ€. And I think I will call you a moron because that’s the first thing that popped in my head when I read you moronic post.

I will always say what I mean and mean what I say. Haden is a VERY good running QB but what he doesn’t have is a Spradin or a Sensabaugh to keep the focus off of him. That would put them in the same boat as Boone. It’s much easier to defend the QB option when theirs not a big time playmaker at RB waiting to gash you if you don’t respect the run. I watched the South vs SH game and Haden ran the ball (mostly by design) 7 out of 10 plays form the line of scrimmage. So my plan in beating South would be to tackle Haden EVERY PLAY (whether you think he has the ball or not) and don’t let the receivers get behind you. I know it’s easier said than done but you have to know that if you stop Haden from running the ball you beat South.

My understanding is that Spradlin Senior was set to bring his boy to the Rebel Nation after the '08 season. But job complications negated that move.