Harpeth @ Stewart Co.

Pride36

Stewart has a lot to play for but Harpeth is not as bad as their record would indicate. They have very close losses to Hickman County, Creek Wood, and Montgomery Central. If those 3 games go differently the Indians are sitting at 5-4 instead of 2-7. The Rebels are at home for Senior Night and have a lot at stake. I believe this game will be very close!

Stewart has a lot to play for but Harpeth is not as bad as their record would indicate. They have very close losses to Hickman County, Creek Wood, and Montgomery Central. If those 3 games go differently the Indians are sitting at 5-4 instead of 2-7. The Rebels are at home for Senior Night and have a lot at stake. I believe this game will be very close!

What offense is Stewart running? If things play out like I think they will. Stewart Co. will be visiting Fairview in the 1st round?

What offense is Stewart running? If things play out like I think they will. Stewart Co. will be visiting Fairview in the 1st round?

Stewart County is a multiple set team on offense. They can go out of the shotgun (2x2 & 3x1), they can get in both the conventional I & stack I, and the can get in the splitback set and run veer. Defensively they are 5-3 and bring heat from everywhere!

The Indians have been victimized to a large degree by attrition due to injury in key positions. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but losing Andrew McWright at qb basically made them one dimensional on offense and took away a dangerous runner even if he didn't throw it. The loss of Dalton Patterson for the season with an ACL hurt on both sides of the ball, they lost Jeremiah Griffin who was slated to start in the secondary and be in the mix at tailback due to a custody thing and have missed seniors Tanner Cox and Dakota Seagraves plus juniors Josh Dillon and T.J. Hall at various times during the season due to injury. At the very least, they've played several games shorthanded or with guys banged up. I'm sure I've left out some injured players that missed at least a game or important parts of it due to injury. It's been a frustrating season for Harpeth who would have been much more competitive with all hands on deck. Still, they lost two games in OT and to Montgomery Central in the last 30 seconds of the game after not getting it done twice in the red zone. They were outmanned in the Camden, Cheatham, Fairview and Jo Byrns games. The rest they were in until the end. 5-4 or 4-5 would have been very realistic going into the last game even with the injuries they've sustained.

I hate it for the seniors. They deserved better than they got.

Edited by ksgovols