Millington VS Arlington

trojanswars365

To the people posting that Arlington will smoke Millington... First of all look at how many points teams that are terrible have scored on Arlington. Arlingtons D is very suspect. Can Arlington stop Millingtons run game? The way it looks to me is no. Can Millington defend Arlingtons long passes?? It appears we cant but you never know what will happen when tyhe ball is in the air. Im thinking it will be close just as the craimont and cordova games were even though we gave those games away. Millington 27-21.

I think it will be a good game as well. A contrast in styles, ball controll vs wide open. Arlington's wide open O lends itself to high scoring, longer games, as opposed to a ball control O, that not only shortens games but also possesions. That being said Arlington's D has given up alot points, we'll see how it plays out.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arlington won in a barn burner 20-19. Great game by both teams. Millington missed a 40+ attempt with 4.3 sec on the clock. Both teams had a ton of yardage on the ground. Millingtons mistakes lost the game. 2 missed extra pts, 2 15yd late hit penalties set up two of their scores. Then going in for the game winning TD they fumbled on the 1 yd line with a minute and some change to play. Game over,, right? Not if you ask the Trojans D. They stopped the Tigers 3 and out to force a punt out of their own end zone which set up the missed FG attempt with the 4.3 sec left. Great game by both teams

Arlington won in a barn burner 20-19. Great game by both teams. Millington missed a 40+ attempt with 4.3 sec on the clock. Both teams had a ton of yardage on the ground. Millingtons mistakes lost the game. 2 missed extra pts, 2 15yd late hit penalties set up two of their scores. Then going in for the game winning TD they fumbled on the 1 yd line with a minute and some change to play. Game over,, right? Not if you ask the Trojans D. They stopped the Tigers 3 and out to force a punt out of their own end zone which set up the missed FG attempt with the 4.3 sec left. Great game by both teams

Millington deserved to win, and should have. Arlington gave up too many big plays on defense, and made too many mistakes on offense at the worst times. The O fumbling snaps for huge losses on 1st and goal on 2 separate series, both of which led to FGS, because of 2nd 25 and 30. An Arlington fumble, at the Trojan 35 in the middle of the 4th ended a promising drive that was a big play as well. The 2 extra points were key (one blocked and another disrupted so bad it had no chance) and the missed FG with 4.3. I thought we had to block it to win, very lucky to hang on. The Arlington kicker, with 4 minutes left, kicking a 47yd fg to take the lead was one the of most clutch kicks I have seen in 10 years of high school football.

Edited by onefortheteam

Well i really liked Millington using the wildcat and seem to mess with Arlingtons D.. I really like the pass from #36 Roland Genesey to #85?? which would have been a TD if he caught the ball but.. the pass was thrown perfect .. I think Millington might have a new offensive set next season with Roland Gensesy who appeared to be a dual threat with the pass he threw. Havent seen a Millington QB throw the ball like that in 5 yrs iv watched Millington.

Well i really liked Millington using the wildcat and seem to mess with Arlingtons D.. I really like the pass from #36 Roland Genesey to #85?? which would have been a TD if he caught the ball but.. the pass was thrown perfect .. I think Millington might have a new offensive set next season with Roland Gensesy who appeared to be a dual threat with the pass he threw. Havent seen a Millington QB throw the ball like that in 5 yrs iv watched Millington.

Yep, #36 is the real deal. Big, strong and fast. That pass was perfect, and I agree it would have been a TD as well. I think Arlington will see some wildcat this week from Woodale, probably more than they will like. They have a super star back as well, it will be a big challenge...no doubt.