You make the call - 10/30/10

footballref

Our crew had this play last night (10/29) at a HS game....

The official covering the area blew his whistle and correctly gave the ball to K at the spot of recovery. (yes, the ball went 10+ yards - and, hit the ground)

When the K player caught the ball...he was in a sprint toward his opponents', R, goal. (The R player was near R's 45.)

This is an odd situation - because it is one of the few plays were officials "kill" a live ball (by blowing a whistle).

So --- these plays do happen. I suspect we will see more plays like this in the TSSAA play-off's.

Our crew had this play last night (10/29) at a HS game....

The official covering the area blew his whistle and correctly gave the ball to K at the spot of recovery. (yes, the ball went 10+ yards - and, hit the ground)

When the K player caught the ball...he was in a sprint toward his opponents', R, goal. (The R player was near R's 45.)

This is an odd situation - because it is one of the few plays were officials "kill" a live ball (by blowing a whistle).

So --- these plays do happen. I suspect we will see more plays like this in the TSSAA play-off's.

We had it too, that is why I thought to post it here.

We had it too, that is why I thought to post it here.

Here's a funny for ya...

of course, I love to watch all levels of football on TV.

My wife instructed me that she believed certain officials should never use the PA / TV microphone to explaining a foul.

This specific problem happened whenever "the white hat" explained an "illegal shift".

The funny part - some officials did not clearly pronouce the word - "shift". She thought they were leaving the "f" out of the word.

I guess the games (to her) should have a PG-13 rating.

I explained the word - so, all is now fine.