Bob Gibbons Evaluations

CUFan

I am VERY familiar with Gibbons, his tournaments, his clinics, and his rankings. I have nothing but the UTMOST respect for the man. His word carries a lot of weight, and his rankings are usually very accurate. I have taken my teams to Gibbons events, and sent my players to Gibbons individual clinics.

The best example of how his events can be helpful is Justin Flatt. We went to Gibbons Southern Invitational at Clemson U last October, and Justin played VERY well against big time competition, and ended up with a HIGH ranking from Gibbons, which eventually translated into offers and/or interest from NC State (where he signed), Ohio St, Virginia, West Virginia, and Clemson, among others.

What you do have to remember is that the Gibbons rating is just a tool, and it is YOU who needs to use it (ie calling colleges and using the ranking as a sign of merit). A good ranking does not guarantee recruitment, but is an aide in recruitment (a very distinguished one, at that).

If you need more info, you can email me at Coachshul@comcast.net

Gomab - thanks for the reply. We have participated, but afterwards were a little uncertain as to the value of the clinics.

Your positive comments support our conclusion that it was a worth while trip.

Has anybody else had experience with Bob Gibbons Evaluation Clinics? Any thoughts / comments? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smartguy

Yeah i was looking up in one of his torneys and i looked and saw A.J. Price from Mcgavock as one of the best shooters of the tounament i didnt know the kid was that good.