Let's Be Real - 6A Playoff Bracket

NoWayOut4

Just a couple of thoughts on the bracket:

Is it better than last year?

YES, but there are still many flaws. Take a look at Quad 2 and 3. Let's be real, quad 2 is weak. They have a 3-7, two 5-5's, three 6-4's a 7-3, and an 8-2. Compare that to quad 3 who's worst record is 7-3. UNREAL!!!! The playoff system, yet better, is flawed. The TSSAA only cares about money and how much they can get into their pockets instead of what is fair and just. Instead of worrying about the geography so much, use common sense. Maybe set up the 32 team bracket with 1's vs 16's, 2's vs 15's, etc. It might not be geographical, but it would be logical and gage a better playoff.

Lastly, could it be that Cookeville lost to a 2-7 (pre game record) team so that they wouldn't have to have more than one rutherford county team in their quad? Not beating up on Cookeville. If they did, smart move. Dirty and unrespectable, but smart.

I bet the people in Rutherford County are a tad upset, except for Riverdale. Good luck to quad 3. Whoever whens that quad, and all have legetimate shots, has a great chance of making it to the show. Riverdale, good luck on your way to the semi-final show down.

YES, but there are still many flaws. Take a look at Quad 2 and 3. Let's be real, quad 2 is weak. They have a 3-7, two 5-5's, three 6-4's a 7-3, and an 8-2. Compare that to quad 3 who's worst record is 7-3. UNREAL!!!! The playoff system, yet better, is flawed. The TSSAA only cares about money and how much they can get into their pockets instead of what is fair and just. Instead of worrying about the geography so much, use common sense. Maybe set up the 32 team bracket with 1's vs 16's, 2's vs 15's, etc. It might not be geographical, but it would be logical and gage a better playoff.

Lastly, could it be that Cookeville lost to a 2-7 (pre game record) team so that they wouldn't have to have more than one rutherford county team in their quad? Not beating up on Cookeville. If they did, smart move. Dirty and unrespectable, but smart.

I bet the people in Rutherford County are a tad upset, except for Riverdale. Good luck to quad 3. Whoever whens that quad, and all have legetimate shots, has a great chance of making it to the show. Riverdale, good luck on your way to the semi-final show down.

Hmm, never thought about that, but it played out best for them, didn't it?

I really hate to say this but when i was looking at tssaa map one of your comments crossed my mind. I would hate to think anyone would do that but i did think it.

I really hate to say this but when i was looking at tssaa map one of your comments crossed my mind. I would hate to think anyone would do that but i did think it.

RandyMC:

Yes it obviously plays out better for them. They are now only looking at one Rutherford County foe instead of two.

I hate to say it to my2cents, but i definetly think it is a true possibility. No one from Cookevegas would admit to it though