District 4 AA

jimmy19

Well, the district is looking to be an interesting one. CAK beat Alcoa, Scott beat Stone, and Loudon beat Scott. A real surpriser tonight with the Scott County win over Stone. Scott County looked good, team work and they could not miss a foul shot. Stone is not what they were this summer. They did not play a inside game at all, and their ball handling was not good. CAK looks good, they are in shape and want to win. They have a tremendous coaching staff and I think they will do well. Alcoa is struggling some to get things to click and are not what I thought they would be. Although they are still a team to watch because they have talent. The rest of the games may be quite unpredicatable.

Edited by jimmy19

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the district is looking to be an interesting one. CAK beat Alcoa, Scott beat Stone, and Loudon beat Scott. A real surpriser tonight with the Scott County win over Stone. Scott County looked good, team work and they could not miss a foul shot. Stone is not what they were this summer. They did not play a inside game at all, and their ball handling was not good. CAK looks good, they are in shape and want to win. They have a tremendous coaching staff and I think they will do well. Alcoa is struggling some to get things to click and are not what I thought they would be. Although they are still a team to watch because they have talent. The rest of the games may be quite unpredicatable.

Sounds like who ever shakes off the rust from holidays and cancellations will take early district lead. CAK looked very good vs Alcoa. Alcoa did bounce back last night to defeat Kingston 62-43. With Scott and Loudon playing well the district should be fun to watch. Can't wait to the tournament!

What do you think about District 4 AA? Any thoughts on the teams/players for this season.

I watched the Scott and Stone game last night and the stone girls are not playing well at all. Would have thought that at this point of the season they would look better than they do. They look like a two man team no team playing at all. The point guard and one of the wing players want to do all the work. Stone has good three point shooters and big post players that are not being used at all. Who is coaching this team? Where is the Stone team from the summer? What is up with putting new girls on the floor with 18 sec. on the clock. They are cold and you want a miracle? They have players that are in wrong positions and don't even need to be on the floor. Coach Smith what are you doing? Do you really like to lose that well? Scott played hard and wanted to win. They were fouled and went to the line and made their free throws. That is how you win. Good coaching for Scott County!

Heard rumers that Tim Smith is retiring this year would be the best thing that could happen to Stone's program keep your fingers crossed

I haven't heard that, but at this point it would be the best thing for the lady panthers. I will cross my fingers. Last night he didn't start his big post player or his shooting guard. The Lady Panthers have more talent than they are showing. Looks like a team divide. Sad for the players and bad judgment on Coach Smith. Tonight they play CCHS and this is a big rivalry. Stone needs this win for confidence. Can or will Coach Smith and his coaching staff know how to pull out a win? Play to win coach not to please.

Kingston and Stone played a tight game. Stone got ahead by around 10 points at one time but Kingston came back and lost by 1 point. Kingston played hard and never gave up. Both teams with big post players, neither used the posts to their advantage. This is why both teams are being beaten by the rest of the district. Pass inside and let them pass back out when they are covered. This is not a new idea.

Edited by diggers

I haven't heard that, but at this point it would be the best thing for the lady panthers. I will cross my fingers. Last night he didn't start his big post player or his shooting guard. The Lady Panthers have more talent than they are showing. Looks like a team divide. Sad for the players and bad judgment on Coach Smith. Tonight they play CCHS and this is a big rivalry. Stone needs this win for confidence. Can or will Coach Smith and his coaching staff know how to pull out a win? Play to win coach not to please.

I guess the coaches figured it out.....blowout win for SMHS. Did he play to win or play to please? Looked like the same players that he played in previous games. Players have to have some accountability in the equation.

Edited by BlueAngels

Kingston and Stone played a tight game. Stone got ahead by around 10 points at one time but Kingston came back and lost by 1 point. Kingston played hard and never gave up. Both teams with big post players, neither used the posts to their advantage. This is why both teams are being beaten by the rest of the district. Pass inside and let them pass back out when they are covered. This is not a new idea.

You are right.

District Standings

CAK 6-1 12-7

Loudon 5-2 12-6

Alcoa 4-2 13-8

Scott County 2-4 15-7

Stone Memorial 1-4 9-12

Kingston 1-6 9-12

District Scoreboard

Feb 1

Alcoa at 48

Scott County 46

CAK at 54

Kingston 51

Stone Memorial at 33

Loudon 44

Looks like tournament will be fun to watch. Not sure seeding will mean much. (CAK won by just 3 over Kingston.) It may come down to who hosts the tournament.Does anyone know where it will be played ?

Edited by TwinCityT

District Standings

CAK 6-1 12-7

Loudon 5-2 12-6

Alcoa 4-2 13-8

Scott County 2-4 15-7

Stone Memorial 1-4 9-12

Kingston 1-6 9-12

District Scoreboard

Feb 1

Alcoa at 48

Scott County 46

CAK at 54

Kingston 51

Stone Memorial at 33

Loudon 44

Looks like tournament will be fun to watch. Not sure seeding will mean much. (CAK won by just 3 over Kingston.) It may come down to who hosts the tournament.Does anyone know where it will be played ?

Scott County is hosting.

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin plays so I was there. Stone ran a 2-3 zone defense on Clarkrange, which was not a good idea, because that allowed them to shoot threes all night. Stones point guard is a talented girl but had trouble finding someone to help her get the ball down the court under pressure, and they ended up having over 20 turn overs. Stone also has a very strong post player (who was rumored to transfer to Clarkrange but never did) but they do not pass the ball inside to her. You have to give credit to Coach Rogers, he is the "King" of basketball coaching. He can take players and make them stars. So, I am going to change from an earlier post and say 1.Alcoa 2.CAK 3.Loudon

CAK 8-2 17-10

Alcoa 7-3 17-10

Loudon 7-3 15-7

Scott County 4-6 17-9

Stone Memorial 3-7 11-15

Kingston 1-9 12-15

Looks like the winner of the November forcast. Someone else said look out for CAK and Loudon. Those of us that had Stone near the top missed the boat. Tournament prediction....

1 CAK

2 Alcoa

3 Scott

4 Loudon