it is raining on both sides of the field.

carroll

Please as this week goes by, do not complain about the rain today and its cause and effect of the games outcome. Both teams have to endure such and when one loses, what reasons do the winning team have for winning? All part of outdoor sports. No guarantee next year will be sunny and warm.

Please as this week goes by, do not complain about the rain today and its cause and effect of the games outcome. Both teams have to endure such and when one loses, what reasons do the winning team have for winning? All part of outdoor sports. No guarantee next year will be sunny and warm.

Au contraire mon fare

A team that plays the ball over the top is at little disadvantage while a team that plays upon possession and passing is at a loss. Yes, both sides are in the same climate, but one is a fish to water, the other a rock.

Edited by Canesoverhere

Au contraire mon fare

A team that plays the ball over the top is at little disadvantage while a team that plays upon possession and passing is at a loss. Yes, both sides are in the same climate, but one is a fish to water, the other a rock.

Canes, your French needs some work: au contraire, mon frere :thumb:

I thought people would find Deusche offensive, blame Google for my French

Just so yall know. We are in America. You don't have to worry about who speaks the better French because we speak American lol. But the rain puts the more defensive team at an advantage because it brings the more offensive teams to a slower pace. If you are winning games based on down-field quickness and out running your opponents, you better kiss that advantage goodbye in a down-pour. A bigger, stronger,and defensive team is going to most likely come out on top. Think what you want but when running becomes falling. I bet it won't be the ones standing still.

Just so yall know. We are in America. You don't have to worry about who speaks the better French because we speak American lol. But the rain puts the more defensive team at an advantage because it brings the more offensive teams to a slower pace. If you are winning games based on down-field quickness and out running your opponents, you better kiss that advantage goodbye in a down-pour. A bigger, stronger,and defensive team is going to most likely come out on top. Think what you want but when running becomes falling. I bet it won't be the ones standing still.

YOU AIN'T FREM AROUND HERE, ARE YOU?

OR

I REMEMBER WHEN I HAD MY FIRST BEER

Edited by Canesoverhere

Why did Schermerhorn get that yellow card? That ref must have had bionic ears.

Great game overall. If wet field conditions hurt a precision passing game, then I don't want to know how good CPA is on a dry field. I thought they were outstanding.

Agreed. That was the best offense I've seen in four years. Guess that means ND's defense was pretty good also.

Here's my question re: the ref:

For those who saw the Signal Mtn/CCS game and the CPA/ND game, which ref would you prefer. I don't ask that in any way to infer that one was bad or biased and the other wasn't. It's my opinion soccer refs determine a great deal how a game is played, and I find the differences "interesting" - in the same way that a colonoscopy is "interesting."

The SM/CCS guy let the girls play a physical style. The CPA/ND guy was the opposite: 18 fouls for ND, 8 for CPA. I can't prove it of course, but my guess is the SM/CCS guy might have called about 3 of those in total.

As I've said, it is what it is and the teams have to recognize and adjust.

Anyway, just a discussion topic to get us through to tonight.

Oh, the team I root for won, and me putting on a yellow jersey will not change anything re: my question.

Shouldn't a team with better overall touch on the ball, that plays a better possession style (utilizing that touch and ball control), do better in wet conditions than a team that has weak ball control and touch? Sure "kickball/over the top" style teams still will do what they do, I would think though, the weather would more severely hinder this style.