Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

I'm taking the wifey to the Mountains so I'll join the conversation again in a day or two. But for starters here's my thoughts.

1) This is the matchup I wanted to see

2) Polk has their identity and CAK has theirs, completely different styles

3) Great respect for what Polk has done, especially the past couple of years

4) I doubt Polk has seen a passing game as efficient as CAK's, CAK has definitely seen a run game (Alcoa) that most I've spoken with say is superior to Polks

5) I have heard about the physical play of Polk, but I don't believe they will be as physical as Alcoa

6) District 4 3A is the toughest district in our division and it prepares us well for the playoffs

7) Polk is only giving up something like 10 points per game. I believe CAK will at least double that. No disrespect to the great defense Polk has, its just hard to prepare your team for the Spread Coast offense in one week. And CAK's receivers are fast.

8) Polk could cause trouble with long sustained, clock chewing drives if the Warrior defense doesn't get some stops. But it looks like from some of their scores they may be scoring quickly.

So, overall, I think CAK will win this matchup. Primarily because I believe CAK's season and opponents have better prepared them for this big game than Polk's season has prepared them. CAK has seen similar style of attacks to what Polk will bring with their physical play and run oriented offense. However; I just don't believe Polk has chased receivers around all night like they will next Friday. We will probably have some bumps and bruise afterwards. Polk is certainly capable and no one wearing blue will take them lightly. Looking forward to the first ever matchup between these 2 schools. :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad
  • Upvote 1

I'm taking the wifey to the Mountains so I'll join the conversation again in a day or two. But for starters here's my thoughts.

1) This is the matchup I wanted to see

2) Polk has their identity and CAK has theirs, completely different styles

3) Great respect for what Polk has done, especially the past couple of years

4) I doubt Polk has seen a passing game as efficient as CAK's, CAK has definitely seen a run game (Alcoa) that most I've spoken with say is superior to Polks

5) I have heard about the physical play of Polk, but I don't believe they will be as physical as Alcoa

6) District 4 3A is the toughest district in our division and it prepares us well for the playoffs

7) Polk is only giving up something like 10 points per game. I believe CAK will at least double that. No disrespect to the great defense Polk has, its just hard to prepare your team for the Spread Coast offense in one week. And CAK's receivers are fast.

8) Polk could cause trouble with long sustained, clock chewing drives if the Warrior defense doesn't get some stops. But it looks like from some of their scores they may be scoring quickly.

So, overall, I think CAK will win this matchup. Primarily because I believe CAK's season and opponents have better prepared them for this big game than Polk's season has prepared them. CAK has seen similar style of attacks to what Polk will bring with their physical play and run oriented offense. However; I just don't believe Polk has chased receivers around all night like they will next Friday. We will probably have some bumps and bruise afterwards. Polk is certainly capable and no one wearing blue will take them lightly. Looking forward to the first ever matchup between these 2 schools. :thumb:

I think this is the consensus for all of those who follow East TN football.

Hmmmmm. Footballdad. I - < -, took the missus up there to Alcoa and we watched ya'll play Thursday,week ago.Just wondering,are you bringing the wifey BACK from the mountains ? , lol.Just kiddin' .Yes , agreed , I have been wanting to see this game for quite some time . From what we saw the air attack was working good . Seemed to me drawing the coverage was leaving a wide open field for your QB to run at will. If he could have connected with the dropped passes I think ya'll would have took that one. What was the final score there ? We left about halfway thru the fourth,think Alcoa was up by 16.I had been hearing about Alcoa and CAK for some time and the opportunity to see the two of you at the same time couldn't be passed up.Seeing CAK hold 'em to 3 on the first series was interesting too. Now can you help a brother out with the easy way to ya'll 's field ? :motorbike:

I'm going to take a shot from the front porch since I live in the mountains lol.

Not too reasonable this morning after last night game vs, Tyner, still in awe of what the boys did last night- darn proud of them. Polk is not a paper Wildcat and is willing to face whatever comes their way with a smile. No fear because the boys are having fun doing what they have been working hard for most of their young lives. Coach Davis has them ready and now it's time for the playoffs.

Why Polk Will Win:

1. It's not another day at the office. It is another step toward something no one dares whisper, something intangible and fleeting that only is thought of in the darkest of autumn nights as the leaves swirl through the mountains, and however talented or speedy CAK may be - they are in the way.

The Polk County Wildcats want this game more than CAK.

Personally I'm really looking forward to this game and know it's going to be a great one!

I'll be back later for the heat, have a job to do in Athens.

:thumb:

Edited by Yeehaw

Hmmmmm. Footballdad. I - < -, took the missus up there to Alcoa and we watched ya'll play Thursday,week ago.Just wondering,are you bringing the wifey BACK from the mountains ? , lol.Just kiddin' .Yes , agreed , I have been wanting to see this game for quite some time . From what we saw the air attack was working good . Seemed to me drawing the coverage was leaving a wide open field for your QB to run at will. If he could have connected with the dropped passes I think ya'll would have took that one. What was the final score there ? We left about halfway thru the fourth,think Alcoa was up by 16.I had been hearing about Alcoa and CAK for some time and the opportunity to see the two of you at the same time couldn't be passed up.Seeing CAK hold 'em to 3 on the first series was interesting too. Now can you help a brother out with the easy way to ya'll 's field ? :motorbike:

Checking in before leaving. Gee, just a 2 day trip and I've already loaded a weeks worth of stuff the wifey has packed......ha

Real easy to get here: just cut over to I-75N, come to the Cedar Bluff exit, turn left (North) off of the exit ramp, at the 3rd traffic light (about 1/2 mile) turn left (next to Waffle House & Pilot ), app. 1/4 mile take your first right onto Christian Academy Way, app. 1/4 mile turn left into the school. If you turn right after coming onto campus it will take you around to the visitors parking lot or you can turn left and come over to the crowded campus center area, the football field is behind the campus center. There are a couple other ways to get here, not sure how your GPS might bring you if you use one, but this is the simpliest way to come if you're not familar with the area.

I'm going to take a shot from the front porch since I live in the mountains lol.

Not too reasonable this morning after last night game vs, Tyner, still in awe of what the boys did last night- darn proud of them. Polk is not a paper Wildcat and is willing to face whatever comes their way with a smile. No fear because the boys are having fun doing what they have been working hard for most of their young lives. Coach Davis has them ready and now it's time for the playoffs.

Why Polk Will Win:

1. It's not another day at the office. It is another step toward something no one dares whisper, something intangible and fleeting that only is thought of in the darkest of autumn nights as the leaves swirl through the mountains, and however talented or speedy CAK may be - they are in the way.

The Polk County Wildcats want this game more than CAK.

Personally I'm really looking forward to this game and know it's going to be a great one!

I am a sequoyah fan we have played both of these teams this season. First of all polk county if you wont to win this game you must get pressure on there qb he is a stud if you let him sit back in the pocket all day and do not put pressure on him it will be a very long night. Polk county im telling you YOU MUST STOP THE PASS they are very good at it. As for cak you must stop polk county qb #12 jarad allen and #22 Polk county will hit u for 5 yards then 3 yards then hit you with a big play out a nowhere. CAk fans down at sequoyah the first drive of the game we had 7 first downs on 21 plays by running the excact same play in a row until the defense adjusted and stalled the drive. You must load the box and blitz often to stop them. I cant wait for this game. Gotta pull for my district foes POLk county 34 cak 31

Wow, this is the game I have been looking for, run vs pass. Think it will come down to turnovers, if Polk can pick a couple it could be bad news for the boys in blue, but if the CAK qb in on and the wideouts are catching, could be a long night for the Wildcats. Anybody know what the weather is calling for? Clock chewing vs quick strike, too close for me to pick, but pulling for Polk.

I'm a new comer here and have be reading for sometime and have notice the small county schools have trouble with the private schools. Polk seems to have had some regional success with other county schools, what would it take to gain some respect (not that they dont have some now) from schools outside of their area? Would they have to win or just make a good showing?

Why Polk Will Win:

The Polk County Wildcats want this game more than CAK.Personally I'm really looking forward to this game and know it's going to be a great one!

I am curious as to why you are making the statement about Polk wanting this game more than CAK....