Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

<CrazyMountainFolkWisdom> Alcoa wants CAK to win because Alcoa is skeered of the unknown. Alcoa would rather have their whipping boys CAK to walk through for an easy championship - go figure.... </CrazyMountainFolkWisdom>

Great-great-granpapaw may be right.

He's been right before - makes you wonder, doesn't it?

:thumb:

(waiting for APB to show up with his 'shopped pics... might have to look in on that - he ain't the only one with Photoshop lol...)

:roflol:

heh heh heh ,,,,,,,

Can you please translate this to English? :unsure:

Sure,no prob. (mebbe yer son can help ya with this,sigh )

Ahem !

Kinda weird you would want to do that again so soon , let alone LATER. Just occured to me reading this blather - again - , Alcoa STILL ain't beat POLK ! I doubt TEAM Alcoa is as wondering of Polk as FANS Alcoa is . :roll: That better ? I even checked it with - spail chak .

I think I'm starting to get the picture. You're saying CAK is Alcoa's whipping boy and that if Alcoa wants a real challenge they should hope to get a match up with a really good football team like Polk. Got it.

To be honest and up-front with the CAK coaches, players, and fans, this game Friday will be the toughest challenge Polk has faced in two seasons IMO. This game worries the heck out of me because I don't know what to expect from CAK (no team can be ever totally nailed down on any given Friday - too many variables), I believe we have a more than reasonable chance to win this Friday - there is something different this year about our boys and I can't pin that intangible down either.

CAK has a decided advantage over Polk County by playing Alcoa every season no matter what the outcome win or lose by having that yardstick to gauge progress or decline in your program. Teams such as Polk do not have the level of competition that CAK enjoys(? that could be seen two ways depending on who is looking and when lol) during the regular season, so what does that leave? Just theories, conjecture, and old farts complaining on CoachT.

What you see here isn't intended to disrespect CAK (yes, ya'll are scary, no bs), these are shots at Alcoa since they never leave a thread un-peed-on... Worse than two male dogs out in the yard marking territory lol. I/we out here in rural BFEast Tennessee are for Fill_In_Blank_Here vs. Alcoa - if this year it's CAK, so be it and more power to you, but I'd rather see us so I hope ya'll understand.

I want a good clean injury-free game this Friday and may the best team win!

Go Cats!

I think I'm starting to get the picture. You're saying CAK is Alcoa's whipping boy and that if Alcoa wants a real challenge they should hope to get a match up with a really good football team like Polk. Got it.

Heh heh heh. Wow. 'knox,I guess thats ONE way a puttin' it. Who IS the competition for Alcoa? Not to beat the same drum,but cripes,,,,anybody ? C O M P E T I T I O N -? - . Anybody ?

To be honest and up-front with the CAK coaches, players, and fans, this game Friday will be the toughest challenge Polk has faced in two seasons IMO. This game worries the heck out of me because I don't know what to expect from CAK (no team can be ever totally nailed down on any given Friday - too many variables), I believe we have a more than reasonable chance to win this Friday - there is something different this year about our boys and I can't pin that intangible down either.

CAK has a decided advantage over Polk County by playing Alcoa every season no matter what the outcome win or lose by having that yardstick to gauge progress or decline in your program. Teams such as Polk do not have the level of competition that CAK enjoys(? that could be seen two ways depending on who is looking and when lol) during the regular season, so what does that leave? Just theories, conjecture, and old farts complaining on CoachT.

What you see here isn't intended to disrespect CAK (yes, ya'll are scary, no bs), these are shots at Alcoa since they never leave a thread un-peed-on... Worse than two male dogs out in the yard marking territory lol. I/we out here in rural BFEast Tennessee are for Fill_In_Blank_Here vs. Alcoa - if this year it's CAK, so be it and more power to you, but I'd rather see us so I hope ya'll understand.

I want a good clean injury-free game this Friday and may the best team win!

Go Cats!

I second yer notion 100% ,Yee. I am NOT old , by the way, (ROCKS are old) . I guess the fart part we can debate.We're kinda in the same boat. We need to step up our games. We picked up Signal and Central,tho Central is kinda down this year. Alcoa tho,why would you step up if you can keep getting the trophy. And Yee, you remind me of that great philosopher Ol' Gus,,,from Lonesome Dove fame. :shock:

Just hard for me to pull against our region. Kinda like me pulling for Maryville every year after our game with them. :thumb: Polk aint got nothing for CAK! I tend to bet to win!!! :roflol:

Well,,what region am I < in,,,,,lol. Dang. :unsure: (DMac rolling up the pants legs < ,,,,,,,)

a e4.'ityl;'i ;

Love reading the posts when we're playing a team we've never faced before. Trying to get a feel for the game and the passion of the fans. This really adds to the enjoyment of high school football for me.

By all accounts Polk plays an old school, rough and tumble style of football. Many many games have been won with that style. CAK plays a new school, no huddle, spread the field and fill the air with footballs style of football. Many many games are now being won with this style as well. Both styles are still relivant in high school football today, which style is most effective usually depends on the type of players you have and the background of the coaches. Most of CAK's coaches have SEC college football backgrounds and are comfortable with the style CAK employees and they have the athletes to run it. However; don't be fooled into believing the Warriors are all finess with no toughness. Thats where our district and playing against Alcoa, Loudon, Kingston and out of conference against Elizabethton and jamborees against Powell & West has strengthened our program. I don't pretend that our CAK boys are huge, street hardened or farm toughened kids (which I played with or have coached). But they are as dedicated and hard working as any group I've been associated with, they understand the game and they are HONESTLY afraid of no one. Maybe that naive, but true. I'm sure the Wildcats will get some good hits on our boys, but I'm just as confident that you will see those boys jump up and lineup and want some more. Polk may be as physcial as Alcoa, I can't say because I've never attended a Polk game. But IF they are, I'll be the first to get on here and say that...BUT, until then, I stick by my belief that CAK has been battle toughened over the past 5 years by the Tornadoes and we're ready to see what Polk's got. Should be a great game!

Since this is a Cak vs Polk thread,and I am a Alcoa fan I did not think I should post here,but since afew posters bring up the fact that alcoa would rather play cak than polk I had to jump in and say that I believe most Alcoa fans would rather play polk not because Alcoa is scared of CAK.Why would we be?We match up better with polk cause we are built to stop the run.I also like for everyone to get a taste of what they have been missing.I do not know any of the cak people so I cant say I hope they win cause I really dont care.This goes for the state championship too.I dont want to play either goodpasture or milan.I want to play a different team.They have had their chance.Its alot more enjoyable to see what other teams have to offer,so to all the polk people do your best to win this game.I personally don't think you have a snowball's chance!

Edited by MrTwister

Football Dad do you guys run like a throw it deep every play or a more traditional west coast type spread using more underneath crossing patterns, dump passes, and screens?

Polk fans we need to remember that we haven't been out of the 2nd round since 1979 and that ended at Goddard Field, in wonderful, majestic, and glorious Alcoa. We have nothing to be cocky about. I hope this is an injury free game with great sportsmanship.

Go Polk

Football Dad do you guys run like a throw it deep every play or a more traditional west coast type spread using more underneath crossing patterns, dump passes, and screens?

Polk fans we need to remember that we haven't been out of the 2nd round since 1979 and that ended at Goddard Field, in wonderful, majestic, and glorious Alcoa. We have nothing to be cocky about. I hope this is an injury free game with great sportsmanship.

Go Polk

I'm sure FBD will answer when he get's a chance, but in the mean time you can take a look at some of the highlight video from earlier in this thread and get a fairly good idea of our passing offense.

A little more info: CAK is probably 70/30 pass/run, but it's really closer to 80/20 if you leave out finishing out games towards the end where the coaches are trying to run the clock. The Warriors do throw some underneath routes, but throw a lot of medium and deep balls as well. CAK has 1 outstanding SR and 3 outstanding sophomore receivers that get most of the action, but have some other good receivers who see PT as well. The CAK receivers have speed and run precise routes which allows them to get open. But what really stands out to me is their ability to CATCH the ball. If it's close, they catch it. There were a few (not many) uncharacteristic drops in the Alcoa game that I attributed to a few nerves in their first match up with Alcoa. The medium and deep patterns, of course, rely on Epperly having time to let the play develop. Over the last 2 seasons, the Warrior OL has been able to consistently give him time. Alcoa got the most pressure on Epperly this year with their outstanding athletes, particularly #1 Warren and #5. Having said that, CAK had around 300 yards passing and 2 recievers over 100 yards each.

As far as a running attack, it is obviously in the shadows of the passing game, but is capable when called upon. The primary back is quick through the hole and keeps driving after contact. He is approximately 160 lbs. The QB (6-2 200) is one of the fastest players on the team, and is very capable of breaking off big runs.