47 members have voted

1. 1. Who comes out on top?

• Westview (8-3)
    • Camden (11-0)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden beat us. It doesn't matter what/how they did it---they did it. Westview, Milan, and Camden have tremendous respect for each other---on the field and off....Camden is a great team (again) this year and we should have a good ballgame come Friday night. I hope We can get the win, but we know it will be tough.

i like you man your very right all three teams have a great deal of respect toward each other. this will be a very good game. once again camden and westview has to forget about the first time they played in the second week of the reg season and focus on the playoffs. You can't take anything for granted. Who ever thought that bruceton would beat union city last friday other than me. This is going to be the game of the week. People should worry about who Alcoa plays or the Milan and Fairview game they should be focused on this game its going to be crazy good. I'm pulling for my team Camden over Westview 21 to 13

have you seen WV play in the last 8 games they are playing top notch defense right now. i would love to see camdens run 98% and pass 2% offense confuse this HOTT WV team!

thats exactly what you guys said the first time we played you. we can throw the ball i've seen it and have you known of camden being a passing team? No we strive on running man have you how camden has played for the last 11 games by the way? they aren't HOTT they are on FIRE man.

This is for serious Camden fans. I heard earlier in the year about the balance that the Lions had on offense. I'm showing in the regular season Camden attempted 57 passes. I guess that is a lot of passing for a wing style offense but it just isn't what I thought I would find when looking up the stats. Do you think IF Camden finds themselves trailing in a ballgame the QB can put it in the air sucessfully? I didn't look up the completions or yards. What do you Lions fans think?

This is for serious Camden fans. I heard earlier in the year about the balance that the Lions had on offense. I'm showing in the regular season Camden attempted 57 passes. I guess that is a lot of passing for a wing style offense but it just isn't what I thought I would find when looking up the stats. Do you think IF Camden finds themselves trailing in a ballgame the QB can put it in the air sucessfully? I didn't look up the completions or yards. What do you Lions fans think?

Yes but why pass when your quarterback has 4 40 speed,just drop back to pass and bust a run for 80 plus yards as most teams have seen.

Yes but why pass when your quarterback has 4 40 speed,just drop back to pass and bust a run for 80 plus yards as most teams have seen.

CB - I understand your statement but don't you think there will come a game when he is either shut down or at least slowed down? The wing style offense (heavy on the run) is pretty good but teams with lots of athletes and good coaching can slow it down. Look at Crockett the past 5 years. Lots of regular season sucess but when you run into the more talented teams in ther playoffs they get shut down on offense. Not saying he will be shutdown this week or next just saying he will find it much harder as the next few weeks go by to have his normal success he has had over the regular season.

Bulldog, I heard Coach Ward talk about just this subject the other day and his answer was "We do what the defense gives us". The pass completion rate is 65% or better, so we CAN pass the ball effectively. I think alot of the problem is the OC's "uncomfortable-ness" if you will, in calling pass-plays in pressure situations. You know the old saying "do what you do best"? Well, I think Coach Blow wrote that...

I've seen the Lions have a very successful passing day more than once this season, but IMO is it enough? Honestly no, I don't think so. When we meet someone who is able to stop our running game and match up speed-wise I guess we'll all find out then.

Bulldog, I heard Coach Ward talk about just this subject the other day and his answer was "We do what the defense gives us". The pass completion rate is 65% or better, so we CAN pass the ball effectively. I think alot of the problem is the OC's "uncomfortable-ness" if you will, in calling pass-plays in pressure situations. You know the old saying "do what you do best"? Well, I think Coach Blow wrote that...

I've seen the Lions have a very successful passing day more than once this season, but IMO is it enough? Honestly no, I don't think so. When we meet someone who is able to stop our running game and match up speed-wise I guess we'll all find out then.

Thanks for info - I understand the "do what you do best statement" and you guys do a outstanding job of running the ball. I was just surprised when I started looking at you guys passing stats. I know you got your hands full this Friday night with the Chargers. Tough draw for sure. We caught a HUGE break with the way the brackets fell.

Thanks for info - I understand the "do what you do best statement" and you guys do a outstanding job of running the ball. I was just surprised when I started looking at you guys passing stats. I know you got your hands full this Friday night with the Chargers. Tough draw for sure. We caught a HUGE break with the way the brackets fell.

I agree with your draw, but don't look past Fairview. They throw the ball alot and that can cause problems for any HS defense. We don't see alot of passing teams here in West TN. Camden sees a little more than Milan due to the Middle TN teams we play, but they aren't very good passing teams. Camden has defended the pass fairly well compared to other years. Westview will be ready to play on Friday. No doubts about that. I would have rather us played Fairview myself. Good luck on Friday.

I agree with your draw, but don't look past Fairview. They throw the ball alot and that can cause problems for any HS defense. We don't see alot of passing teams here in West TN. Camden sees a little more than Milan due to the Middle TN teams we play, but they aren't very good passing teams. Camden has defended the pass fairly well compared to other years. Westview will be ready to play on Friday. No doubts about that. I would have rather us played Fairview myself. Good luck on Friday.

Agree on Fairview - The 10-1 record is impressive. Good luck to you guys also.

I gotta think that Westview will be tempted to bring the safety's up to help with the run. Their D Line is good so I will be interested to see if you guys can run all night or have to pass 10-12 times.

Bulldogfan#2 is way to modest, when he talked about better teams in the playoffs with speed

and being able to shut down the wing T, I.E. Crockett County---he's really talking about Milan.

He's way to humble to mention our D-line and LB's who, by the way, made P.A. Pratt come up with

a new offensive scheme for that game. That's alot of respect for your opponents defense.

They have a #5 that is the best player in West TN. No disrespect to Camden's RBs but this kid

can do it all. I hear Ole Miss has the early nod.

Good luck Camden, should be a whale of a game!!

Bulldogfan#2 is way to modest, when he talked about better teams in the playoffs with speed

and being able to shut down the wing T, I.E. Crockett County---he's really talking about Milan.

He's way to humble to mention our D-line and LB's who, by the way, made P.A. Pratt come up with

a new offensive scheme for that game. That's alot of respect for your opponents defense.

They have a #5 that is the best player in West TN. No disrespect to Camden's RBs but this kid

can do it all. I hear Ole Miss has the early nod.

Good luck Camden, should be a whale of a game!!

Swingjuice who are you?