DO NOT SCHEDULE ANY GAMES YET

OldStoneFort

Five classes = more traveling than many teams want, even for region games. Three classes with a three class playoff system (old system) = not enough playoff games, which, however you feel about it, would affect money generated. Three classes with a six-class playoff system = mass confusion at times :roflol:

I still think a four-class system should be tried. It might seem difficult in the middle of a classification period but two-year schedules have concluded, just take the teams and divide by four instead of by three. It would balance the positives of local or relatively local district matchups with the number of playoff games needed.

If you went to four classes and didn't include the teams that don't have football (the reason 1A and 2A playoffs now have fewer teams) the cutoffs would be roughly at 500, 825, 1300. If you included the non-football schools, to have the same districts in multiple sports, the cutoffs would be roughly 425, 775, 1250.

Thank you, I have been saying this for the last 10 years. But as we all know, the TSSAA has made it apparent that they are more interested in making money than making sense.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 class system + add a 6th round = the same number of games as currently being played if you have 64 teams in AAA and AA and 48 teams in A. That's what I want.

However, I would not be opposed to 4 classes either.

Not a bad idea. I like the 4 class route. TN just simply doesn't have enough teams for 6 classes.

There are plenty of good matchups and teams remaining in each of the six classes, the hard thing is settling on the teams qualifying since the regular season travel would be too much with that many. I like the idea of three, divided for the playoffs, but with the uneven number of larger or smaller teams in most every district there will always be some inequality.

Someone mentioned the TSSAA just money-grabbing...the organization and running the states sports-all of them, not just sports with big crowds, require $$$.

Has there been any updates, specifics on a vote?