DO NOT SCHEDULE ANY GAMES YET

OldStoneFort

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the same thing. I think the 5 class was not broke, and having experienced the Z plan the last two years the majority of people around the state would be in favor to go back to the old system.

Will be interesting to see how the vote goes next week. Alot of coaches have made out their schedule for next year, so alot of things could change.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

I heard it from a coach who heard it from the top dog! All those coaches who jumped the gun will have egg on their faces

Why would they have egg on their faces? All coaches will understand if they have to reschedule and some games have to be dropped because of the reclassification. No one jump the gun, the coaches they haven't scheduled are the ones who could be in trouble if the system is not changed.

I have heard the same thing. I think the 5 class was not broke, and having experienced the Z plan the last two years the majority of people around the state would be in favor to go back to the old system.

Will be interesting to see how the vote goes next week. Alot of coaches have made out their schedule for next year, so alot of things could change.

I'm all for going back to five classifications, maybe even four. The fact that the top seeds in 1A and 2A had byes the first week of the playoffs shows that there wasn't enough teams to fill out six classes. Also, it will just about eliminate teams with losing records from getting into the playoffs. Five classes with the top four teams in a region/district going to the playoffs was a good system, if you ask me.

It was changed last time because people were omplaining so changing it back just changes the people that are complaining. Six classifications clearly gives more young men in TN the chance to become champions.

Is watered down champions really what the TSSAA State Football Championship is all about? With 8 state titles I thought it was all about the money so they can pay off their debt.

Edited by Bucksfan

Five classes = more traveling than many teams want, even for region games. Three classes with a three class playoff system (old system) = not enough playoff games, which, however you feel about it, would affect money generated. Three classes with a six-class playoff system = mass confusion at times :roflol:

I still think a four-class system should be tried. It might seem difficult in the middle of a classification period but two-year schedules have concluded, just take the teams and divide by four instead of by three. It would balance the positives of local or relatively local district matchups with the number of playoff games needed.

If you went to four classes and didn't include the teams that don't have football (the reason 1A and 2A playoffs now have fewer teams) the cutoffs would be roughly at 500, 825, 1300. If you included the non-football schools, to have the same districts in multiple sports, the cutoffs would be roughly 425, 775, 1250.

Edited by Indian

While I'm at it, may as well give what the approximate cutoffs for a five-class group would be, basically same as before. This is with football-only schools, can't see how they could use the non-football schools in the resetting as 1A would be way too small. 1A would go to roughly 435, 2A to roughly 685 (which would possibly affect the school here), 3A to 980, 4A to 1380. Each class would have about 60 schools before anyone voluntarily moved up.

Is watered down champions really what the TSSAA State Football Championship is all about? With 8 state titles I thought it was all about the money so they can pay off their debt.

Or better yet, just give every kid a participation trophy and call it a day....

This system is and has been a watered down joke for some time now....

There are some in 1A that think their classification has schools that are too big now as it is...Any change is going to have people that complain...The T.$.$.A.A could change it to the way it was when I played...Three classifications and only the champions of the districts went to the playoffs....

Five classes = more traveling than many teams want, even for region games. Three classes with a three class playoff system (old system) = not enough playoff games, which, however you feel about it, would affect money generated. Three classes with a six-class playoff system = mass confusion at times :roflol:

I still think a four-class system should be tried. It might seem difficult in the middle of a classification period but two-year schedules have concluded, just take the teams and divide by four instead of by three. It would balance the positives of local or relatively local district matchups with the number of playoff games needed.

If you went to four classes and didn't include the teams that don't have football (the reason 1A and 2A playoffs now have fewer teams) the cutoffs would be roughly at 500, 825, 1300. If you included the non-football schools, to have the same districts in multiple sports, the cutoffs would be roughly 425, 775, 1250.

3 class system + add a 6th round = the same number of games as currently being played if you have 64 teams in AAA and AA and 48 teams in A. That's what I want.

However, I would not be opposed to 4 classes either.