Knox West @ Columbia

RunninRebels

I agree that Mason is a good enough player to go to UT. He really impressed me when i saw him play in the play-offs. For the other Columbia players they are good enough to go to a D1AA or D2 school not the SEC. What helps Goff out is having Mason and Hughes at DT keeping O lineman off of him so he can make plays, its a little differen't when a O lineman gets a hand on him he doesn't make as many plays. There is a big step from Highschool and playing at UT

haha...dude, I saw one of UTs recruits ...they signed a big fat kid no 75 that

played for Knox Catholic that Columbia stomped on a couple weeks ago... that poor

kid got his ASSignments kicked on nearly every play. If he is what a UT recruit

looks like then Columbia has a half dozen Alabama recruits

oh yeah, 75 was really tall though

Edited by murderBYzeN

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

played for Knox Catholic that Columbia stomped on a couple weeks ago... that poor

Bama suxs.

Sadly alot of colleges go off your potential not how you actually play when you were in Highscool. There are a lot of highschool athletes that have the drive and heart to play Division 1 but don't have the body too. Its hard to teach 6"6' 300 lb. That why you see a lot of kids walk on and earn a spot instead of scholarship being given to them. A perfect example is Nick Reviez that starts MLB at UT.

Edited by RyanD22

Sadly alot of colleges go off your potential not how you actually play when you were in Highscool. There are a lot of highschool athletes that have the drive and heart to play Division 1 but don't have the body too. Its hard to teach 6"6' 300 lb. That why you see a lot of kids walk on and earn a spot instead of scholarship being given to them. A perfect example is Nick Reviez that starts MLB at UT.

heart is not in the equation

I agree but the kids at columbia play good and LOOK good

good grief Mason and Hughes are both humongous

Edited by murderBYzeN

I agree that Mason is a good enough player to go to UT. He really impressed me when i saw him play in the play-offs. For the other Columbia players they are good enough to go to a D1AA or D2 school not the SEC. What helps Goff out is having Mason and Hughes at DT keeping O lineman off of him so he can make plays, its a little differen't when a O lineman gets a hand on him he doesn't make as many plays. There is a big step from Highschool and playing at UT

if you are trying to tell me that a defensive player who gets blocked doesn't

make a lot of tackles I tend to agree

if you are trying to tell me that a defensive player who gets blocked doesn't

make a lot of tackles I tend to agree

What i'm saying is that what makes Goff look as good as he does is because Mason and Hughes get double teams all the time letting Goff run free to make plays. Which will work in highschool but at the next level when teams don't have to double team as much Goff doesn't get off blocks as well as other linebacker that i have seen(seen him play once in person and a couple of times on film). I'm not trying to knock Goff at all because he is a great player but i don't see him playing at UT is what i'm getting at.

What i'm saying is that what makes Goff look as good as he does is because Mason and Hughes get double teams all the time letting Goff run free to make plays. Which will work in highschool but at the next level when teams don't have to double team as much Goff doesn't get off blocks as well as other linebacker that i have seen(seen him play once in person and a couple of times on film). I'm not trying to knock Goff at all because he is a great player but i don't see him playing at UT is what i'm getting at.

good points but I gotta believe every opponent schemes to block Goff

and that is their first priority...they know they can't block Mason